projector headlights on ebay. one piece | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

projector headlights on ebay. one piece

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What seller did you buy the projectors from? There are two different sellers, and both appear to be a little different as far as wiring and plugs go.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

different? How? Lets look:
4LHP-EPOR951PCJM-KS-a.jpg

4LHP-EPOR951PC-KS-a.jpg

look to be exactly the same?????????

ah thats no biggie, the difference I see is the others show the red wires, this one shows the red wires hooked up to the halo ballasts
The projector halo requires a ballast, the ballasts are pictured in your posted link, not pictured in my posted link.

a couple other changes also???? maybe there are two companies making these? Angel eyes appears to be one?

02-AZ-FX95-PCC-RF-A-01.jpg

I know this because the halo projectors on my wifes FJ were the same way = ballast.

good catch! I am going to ass u me that the ballast are included in my order

the housings appear to be 100% the same, just the way they got the wires to the lights looks to be different? there are:
low beam light/reflector
low beam halo
high beam projector
high beam halo
turn signal bulb/reflector
led side markers

all wired into one housing!
Should be FUN = lots of options

The link I showed you, will be the ones I am going to get here in the next month.

I can't wait to see these on one of your guys explorers I almost bought them right away but I held my self back, simple fact I wanted someone else to be the test dummy and wanted there review!:salute:Cheers

-can't wait to hear what you are going to say about them!

I have bought some things to change the front grille such that I can fit these. Will be getting them in the next month or so as well.

I really doubt that the projectors will give you any better light on the road than you have now.
I have HID projectors in my Cadillac and I like the Mountys lights better.

Just my 2 cents worth.....

my black diamond headlights with Syvania ultra bulbs put out less light then the factory setup
the projectors in wifes FJ put out a buttload of light in comparison

The black diamond clears need some serious help, maybe an HID conversion to get adequate lighting......

I am comparing the 98+ Merc. clear headlights with the projectors. Much different then the X headlights. The Cads projectors are better than the 96 X I had even with high watt bulbs. If I was rating Good, Better, Best it would be OEM Exp., projectors, 98+ Merc. clears.
Just one old guys opinoin.......

I am not looking for better light output. I am looking for something to put HIDs in so it doesn't always look like I have my high beams on, and I don't like the look of halogen bulbs.

in spring time I was planning to cut my black diamond housings apart and convert them to projectors, this saves me the trouble! :)
Of course now my rack and pinion has gone out, so I have to fix this first before I can even go aim my new lights! LOL

I tried finding a 98-01 Merc front clip for my 96, I came up short with this 976 merc front clip. Actually I tried for about 1.5 years to locate a good sport trac/01 sport style front clip for my 96, not many sport tracs in the junk yards that are not smashed up in the front....again I came up short, so my 96 has the 97 merc front clip... someday I will convert to a Sport trac front end and make some custom fenders to pull it off, like that black Brazillian explorer here on EF, he paid a pro body shop to do his conversion, looks ****!

if its using an h4 or h7 bulb u can use casper shields to reduce glare. doing that u can use d2/s bulbs. i'd go black housing to minimize the glare from an hid kit. looks like the hibeam is a 9005 bulb.

Be assured it is not using a H4, 9007 or any other dual filiment bulb for the projector.
When converting this type lamp to HID you will probably need the relay kit from KC that keeps the low beam on when the high beams are on. Otherwise you will have to wait for the HID to fire up each time you use the high beams. Not only is it pretty dark when waiting for it to fire up but is wears out the ballast faster.
All OEM HID projector lamps do not go off when the high beams are on.

yea i just discovered these lights today on ebay. whoever gets em, do you think you could do a little write up on them? cuz i want to get them but i aint payin no one to put em in and im not too good with headlight wiring nd stuff.

they will be here in Monday the 29th
I wired up the projectors and halos in my wifes FJ, the explorer will be a breeze compared to that truck!
Big learning curve taking apart the front of an FJ for the first time, the explorer I know like the back of my hand.

I will do a writeup in my 96 XLT daily driver thread :)
Cant wait!!

I wired up the projectors and halos in my wifes FJ, the explorer will be a breeze compared to that truck!
Big learning curve taking apart the front of an FJ for the first time, the explorer I know like the back of my hand.

Cant wait!!

Just link us :)

:popcorn:

Id be interested how these look Installed, they look a little tacky to me from the pics.

Just a heads up, I don't see DOT Approved anywhere.

From the sellers description:

You are bidding on one set (PAIR) of 95-01** FORD EXPLORER & 1997 MERCURY MOUNTAINEER EURO CLEAR PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS WITH BUILT-IN CORNER SIGNAL LIGHTS AND CCFL HALO + LED

EURO CLEAR STYLE
BLACK HOUSING
CORNER LIGHTS ARE BUILT IN (ONE PIECE STYLE)
PROJECTOR LOW BEAM
BUILT-IN CCFL ANGEL EYES (SOME PEOPLE CALL IT HALO RIMS)
CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Light) OFFER 4X BRIGHTER THAN LED ANGEL EYE
BOLT-ON STYLE , EASY TO INSTALL
100% BRAND NEW AND COME IN A PAIR (LEFT & RIGHT)
SAE/DOT APPROVED, 100 % STREET LEGAL
MADE BY EAGLE EYES

I'd buy these if I was keeping my sport, sadly it has to go :(

Cant wait!!

It's the 29th. :D

Im at work till 5, not arrived yet LOL
Explorer needs to go in the garage anyways, I need to re-do my custom steering and replace my steering rack and pinion :)
Fun times fun times!

I will install as soon as I have them

Back