projector headlights on ebay. one piece | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

projector headlights on ebay. one piece

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got home from work yesterday to find a large package waiting for me, 15# of headlights!
I have not had a chance to install them, that will happen tonight.
I did get a chance to look them over, they are so wicked cool!
A few features we can see now that were not visable on the Ebay ad's, let me get some pictures:

They are made by Eagle Eye, as far as I can tell they are a totally custom everything, housing, etc
I purchased them from K2racing on Ebay, lhey shipped the same day, shipping was free and fast, I will be leaving + feedback for sure (as long as everything works!)

IMG_2542.jpg

There is one adjuster on the housing, I assume it is for the projector but have not confirmed yet
IMG_2545.jpg

two side marker LED's and a sweet ass straight line / halo thingy above the light I did not see on the Ebay ad's:
IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

I am suspecting a drastic change in the looks of my 96 and the light output, thank goodness!
installation will be tonight....

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

quick question... is there a small bulb (like a sidelight bulb) in the large (full beam) optic or is just the normal bulb?

Si

looks to be a small bulb, like H3 or something that would be used in fog lights

here with dust covers and bulbs removed:
IMG_2547.jpg

the turn signal bulb goes in like factory, so there is a hole for that

the projector abviously has a bulb in it, but currently it is held in with screws so I have not messed with that.

The low beam light (reflector) has a small white bulb installed

the other bulb like socket has been modified, it plugs into the truck side like stock, but has wires installed in it inside the light, where the bulb would normally go

THe parking laps are now LED and halo's and there is a small socket for the factory wiring harness for those, (blue plastic top left of light)

at lunch I'll get my jumper box out and do some powered out of the truck tests :)
what I am wondering about is aiming them, there is only one adjuster on the light, I hope they got this right!

They look even more awesome in your pictures than they do on ebay,

I bought a set of halo's for another car I had and when they arrived, the full beam optic had a tiny little bulb in it aswell as the bulb for the full beam and it ruined the look.

Si

if these things look good on your truck, im buying them tonight.

Ill post pics asap, after work I am going shopping, then when I get home its install time!!

It appears to be H-1 bulbs in both the projector and high beam???

Those look sweet. So they use normal bulbs, nothing special? Just wondering in case one burns out so you can just get them from the locals parts store.

h1 bulbs are a joke. not even bright.

lol :roll::rolleyes:

shopping???!!!! What is important right now is installing headlights. The suspense is killing me.......:eek:

yea im rocking back and fourth in my chair constantly clicking the refresh button waiting for this write up!!!!!! lol:p:

spent 3.5 hours installing the passenger side last night
The write up is coming, the drivers side is going in this afternoon, it should take about 20 minutes. I removed the entire grill to make things easier, I almost removed the entire header panel also, but I was able to make it work

I did some cutting of fiberglass on the headlight bezel in order to gain the clearance required for the lights
I tested the wiring in a few different ways in order to get the lights the way I want them, I turned one of the parking lamps into a turn signal
I need to get some small yellow bulbs and I will be replacing the projector and high beam bulbs in the very close future with some better units.

Here are some teaser pics:

Header cut for light and wire clearance, I used a rat tail file took 5 minutes
headercut.jpg

customizing the custom lights (more on this later):
signalwire.jpg

teaser installed pic, I took pictures of all the different lights on, but our new digi camera cancelled out all the light, so I git some video, but I will have to upload that sucker this afternoon:
installed.jpg

LOL cheezay ass video, but at least you can see the lights functions
Tonight I will get pics with both lights, not in the garage, etc.....

Please RIGHT CLICK and "SAVE AS"
OOOPS!!! be right back

The explorer is getting new hood struts, a new rack and pinion and a new brake master cylinder today :) a little New Years TLC to go with new lights!

Back