For Sale - Rebuilt F/W HP D44- New SAS parts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Rebuilt F/W HP D44- New SAS parts

SOLD

Nice guy bought it to run full width in a 97 ranger. I'm sad it had to go, but happy it's going to good use in another RBV. :thumbsup:

I would like to sell this as a SAS kit to someone for a reduced price of $1,650.00. All you need to add is, upper coil & shock buckets, & Lower Shock tabs/coil retainers, longer brake lines, and have a custom trans cross member made.

Buyer pays all shipping costs (& that takes me time & doing to figure out) from the St Louis area, but I would love this to be a local pickup or I can meet you no farther than 100 miles away.

Completely rebuilt 1977 Full width F-150 High Pinion LSD Dana 44. Ready to bolt up, and go! :thumbsup:

New:
Axle shafts, Spicer U-joints, 4:10 R&P (with master kit used), Seals, Bearings, Lug studs, Prograde Ball joints, 3/8" RuffStuff Cover

Rebuilt/Restored:
Dana Trac-Lok, Warn Premium Hubs, Spindles, housing. Cleaned, chemically treated, and coated with gloss black POR15.

Used the old brake dust shields, and the rotors are in good condition, but have surface rust & a little over spray on the face from painting the hubs. Simple cut at the local auto parts store will take care of that cheap.

D44frontview_zps769d766b.jpg

D44rearview_zps6bc93828.jpg

th_axlewedges_zps0d9c8736.jpg

th_hubs_zps464e42a4.jpg

th_gearsandlsd_zpsd010d53d.jpg

Okay, so on to the SAS parts:

Custom made 36" long arms made from 1/4" square tubing and original "C" ends from the F-150 R/A's. These have new Big Johnny Joints w/zerks that are adjustable with the welded threaded bung ends up to 3" I believe. They come with matching wedge caps and new Energy Suspension 7* poly wedge bushings. New RuffStuff Brake line tabs. Treated & coated with POR15.

The R/A mounting brackets were custom made by Brian1, and coated in POR15.

th_longarmandmountbracket_zps3c9f3031.jpg

RuffStuff "Y" Steering kit- Comes with 1 ton GM TRE's, and a special angled Pitman TRE for lifts. This is HD, with 2pc of 48" x 1.5" DOM tube, Welded threaded inserts. I will throw in 3 new RuffStuff Knuckle inserts for the TRE's. You cut the tube to length, weld in the inserts, and your done.

h_steeringpanhardsoakitsandarmbrackets_zps3c3f7344.jpg

RuffStuff Panhard Kit- Comes with 1pc 48" x 1.5" DOM tube, Large Hiem joints, weldable thread inserts, Grade 8 hardware, High rise axle mount, and outside frame mount.

th_Panhardkit_zpsa88d7f98.jpg

DOM Tube

th_DOMtubeforsteeringandpanhardkits_zps879fb69c.jpg

RuffStuff 8.8 Spring Over Axle kit- Comes with everything needed, including all hardware, and weldable shock mounts. Plates have been treated and coated with POR15.

th_88SOAkit_zps3239ae9c.jpg

Custom Tabs for limit straps

th_limitstraptabs_zpsb0a5fd13.jpg

Anything needing welding was not treated and coated with POR15, as that would have been done after install and welding completed.

PM me if interested in buying, meeting up, shipping, etc...

Thanks for looking! :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man that sucks, I was waiting to see this build finished. I've been going through the same thing. Best of luck with things man.

Bump for an awesome deal and to help out a great member !!!

I really just want the SOA parts... but, if you can sell it complete... good luck.. n free bump...

Si

wanna sell everything but the diff?

Si

Not really. ;)

This is going to sit at this price for sometime to come, before I even decide to go that route. I'm already taking a huge hit on it.

Just a bad time of year to be selling stuff. I'm hopeful that some might want to use their tax returns here soon. :D

Fair price and very sought after axle for any 44 swap.

G man don't forget when trying to sell it's also a great swap for 80+ Fullsize Broncos and 80-96 F-150s, to go Straight axle.

Also I have seen several Jeeps builds with same setup.

Sweet! Just curious, what vehicle is it going under?

Glad to hear someone finally bought it and it'll help you out with bills. Congrats. Now if you can just get rid of all the "dreamers and whiney kids" that want your rig for nothing and find someone with cash that knows what all went into it. Is it staying in the EF family?

Went to a nice young guy, that is going full width on his 97 Ranger. With the costs of the SAS parts, he got the axle for just about free. I could see his eyes light up :eek: when the garage door opened and he seen it for the first time in person. LOL... cant blame him, I was like that too every time I looked at it.

He is a member on TRS, and drove a few hours to get it. Hooked him up with some info on the T-bird calipers & rotors, where to get the upper buckets, trans cross member, and even set him up with a complete POR15 chem treatment / Paint kit for after the welding was completed.

Went to a nice young guy, that is going full width on his 97 Ranger. With the costs of the SAS parts, he got the axle for just about free. I could see his eyes light up :eek: when the garage door opened and he seen it for the first time in person. LOL... cant blame him, I was like that too every time I looked at it.

He is a member on TRS, and drove a few hours to get it. Hooked him up with some info on the T-bird calipers & rotors, where to get the upper buckets, trans cross member, and even set him up with a complete POR15 chem treatment / Paint kit for after the welding was completed.

You gave him the hook up! Well glad to hear you got some cash and it's going under a rbv :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back