Return From Moab 2004! Photos!! | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return From Moab 2004! Photos!!

WHOA! LOL...... I just looked at a video sent to me by my brother, and the VHS has the complete scene when Jared grenaded his hub trying to climb Upchuck on Behind the Rocks. Perfect angle from the left rear of the vehicle and you can clearly see the hub exploding.... looks awesome in slow motion :D

I've got an old Snappy thingie that makes video into computer files, I'll try to install it on my computer and get a photo to post :) Is there a newer better way to convert VHS into a file?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got an old Snappy thingie that makes video into computer files, I'll try to install it on my computer and get a photo to post Is there a newer better way to convert VHS into a file?

Anything come out of that Gerald?

Nope, the software was too old to work on anything after Window95. If anyone knows a free software to convert VHS to digital, I'd still like to post it, but I won't spend money on software just to use for this one thing.

Whoa, I never even saw that post of yours Gerald...I'd really like to see that (or just show it off to all my friends :D ) I'll check around and see if I can't find anything for free...I'll be in touch...

I remember his friend (I'm sorry, can't remember his name) saying that he got a real good shot of the first obstacle on Behind the Rocks...how did that one turn out?

wow, look what i completely forgot about!

Gerald, would you happen to still have that video? If you'd like, we could work something out where you could send it to me and I'd send it back after capturing it to my computer.

Lemme know if you even see this...

I'll send you a PM

Kicking this thread back to the top for Throwback Thursday.

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years!!

Best trip ever! Thanks for bringing this up Rick :D

Attachments

• DSCF3742.jpg
    DSCF3742.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 203

.... looks like I'm not wanting to go the same way Tom wants me to go. LOL

Yes, the picture tells a story there. One of those random shots that came from the trip that doesn't show any real action, but has some great elements (I think)
probably posted it before, here is original...

I imagine you looking at that lump of rock in the lower right hand foreground and being a little skeptical about you spotter's directions...
BUT, probably still navigating to the crest of the hill.

Attachments

• DSCF3742.jpg
    DSCF3742.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 173

... a great caption for the photo would be "YOU'RE GOING EXACTLY THE WRONG WAY!"
:D

Back