Photos - Return from Truck Haven 2006 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Return from Truck Haven 2006

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.explorerforum.com/thaven_06_night/

Shots from the Friday night run.

DSC_1410.jpg

Rick said:
Best news of the weekend... Tdavis ran for 3 days without a single problem :D
except for that "strange clicking noise" :D

These are some awsome pictures Rick :thumbsup:

It's so surreal with the sky!

DSC_1423.jpg

Rick said:
So who's got action shots of the Pumpkin??

Pumpkin playing teeter-totter.
teeter-1.jpg
teeter-2.jpg
teeter-3.jpg

Brother_of_Jefe said:
except for that "strange clicking noise" :D

yea, yea, yea.. Just for that, there will be a group punishment next time I lead.

Spying on the spy plane? This would explain the planned attack later that night. :D
DSCF0762.jpg

Testing out the new sticky tire prototype
DSCF0789.jpg

tdavis said:
yea, yea, yea.. Just for that, there will be a group punishment next time I lead.
I had nothing to do with it. I wish I did as I would have come up with something far more interesting than this 'strange clicking noise'. Something more like my idea to remove the fuel pump fuse. :D

here are a couple that I got of you rick
truckhaven_2006_012.jpg

and you shacking you a** at everyone
truckhaven_2006_010.jpg

michael deep in thought
truckhaven_2006_008.jpg

Brian cant get through joshes rutts (dam that touchy ARB)
truckhaven_2006_032.jpg

more in the gallery ********CLICK********

Jefe said:
Testing out the new sticky tire prototype
DSCF0789.jpg
Yeah, and those full size brakes in the front really help out too... :D

The only body damage I got this trip was on the right front fender from my tire with the extra flex I get from the wristed arm and minor scrape where everyone else lost a tail light or window.

:mad: Hey! :mad:

Alright who's the comedian? When did I change to wall siding? :rolleyes:

I know Char had something to do with this :frustrate

Before I forget - the zuk did have a few issues, but all really minor. One leak at the top of the third member on the rear housing - not sure why on that one; and the clutch cable took a couple of hits that meant I added more zip ties to it.

Stuc-o said:

took longer than I thought for you to see. :D

you are textured and can be easily painted, providing years of low maint. protection for your home :rolleyes:

Leial wanted me to thank you for the awsome ride :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stuc-o said:

HOW DARE YOU GIVE HER CREDIT FOR MY WORK!!!!! :fire: :fire: :fire: :p

Char2 said:
HOW DARE YOU GIVE HER CREDIT FOR MY WORK!!!!! :fire: :fire: :fire: :p

Ahhh the evil Char surfaces :p

Thanks to everyone who got the run organized and put together.

I learned a lot out at Truckhaven. I'm definitely a novice at offroading and tips from BKennedy, Tom Rios, Ray Hutchinson and group helped a ton.

Cool to meet everyone out there and see so many different rigs.

Going up the small hills out near Ocotillo Wells where all one could see (until making it over the peak) was hood and blue sky was interesting not knowing where the trail weaved next.

The Calcite Mine was a good experience even if it was above my skill level and knowledge as was obvious from my 42psi tire pressure that I ran for about 2/3rds of the "stocker" run on Saturday. Sure made a difference on the trail with the tires at 22psi.

Curious as to what the more experienced offroaders thought the Calcite Mine trail rated on 1-4 difficulty?

Thanks again, Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probly a two??? It was all pretty much toyota highlander material except for the obstacles towards when we got closer to the end of the trail. I still had a lot of fun tho!!! :thumbsup: :D

Brian-I thought I said no pictures allowed of me getting stuck up that hill???!!! :fire: :p

and hey 94explorer2x4 those ruts were already there from ole' Stic-O goin through and churnin up all the hills!!! ;) And that last ledge I wouldn't have tore it up so bad but Char kept tellin me to put da peddle to da metal :confused: :chug:

Back