Show your 1st gen flex | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show your 1st gen flex

No swaybars makes the most flex, also the worst handling on the road.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TheRookie said:
No swaybars makes the most flex, also the worst handling on the road.

MAN do I know that for a fact. A certain camping trip comes to mind, while on the way there, with fire wood loaded on the roof, unbeknownst to me my front sway bar disconnected itself :eek: It's okay though, we all lived.

Id say leave the rear one on, it will flex better than the TTB with the swaybar and you will be able to squeeze all avaliable flex outta the TTB. But,IMO just ditch them, I do and im still alive. :D

only 2" of lift

100_0684.jpg
100_0671.jpg

Lifeguard, are you running stock length shocks or longer? I've got the 2" on mine now and I think the shock is limiting the downtravel (My pics are earlier in this thread and you can see its not quite stuffed). I've got an almost new set of those exact tires on same rims sitting in my shed...guess I could put them on and see if it stuffs as much as yours.

Edit: What's done to the front? Spacers or springs? Sway bar?

its on spacers and aal, no front sway bar and stock shocks. i love the tires. for the price you cant beat them.

flexxxxed.jpg

Here it is.. over the years..

October 2007 - Duff 2.5" lift + f-150 spacers ome-36 springs + war 153 shackles 33" tires
2109571222_5289fcc39b.jpg

Not a super good stuffage pic but here ya go......

4" Superlift suspension, 3" BL, extended arms, 35" BFG MT's, 4:88's with Lock-Rights F/R, front sway bar still on ...
Heres on of my Gen 1 Ranger(back before it grew up LOL)
429223_96_full.jpg

4" Superlift, stock RA's, 32" Swamper Radials, worn out rear springs, 4:56's, D35 front/7.5 rear Lock-Right front/Detroit easy rear.....

killer pictures yall keep the good work first gens looks so...so...whats the word awsome? ha

Stock flex...lame I know:(

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

My BII has some better flex...just need to work on that sway disconnect to improve it some more.
IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

On a 1 1/2 ft tall stump

03-16-08_1721.jpg

On a rock, I had to get in on that picture... (lol)

03-25-08_1554.jpg

these are all pretty much stock minus sway barS

Stone stock. :p:

IMG_00951.jpg

^^ Calico... I want to go back there and go through Gatekeeper. Nice shot. :thumbsup:

I've got one in the same spot.

Thanks

I was slightly tempted to try that, although the friend I was with I don't think is trustworthy enough to spot me through there (more than once he's managed to set my diffs down together onto the only two rocks within sight :confused: ).
I still need to get my cage in and cut the lid off too (eliminating those HUUUGGE side windows :eek: ).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Johntruck1.jpg

Truck.jpg

Back