Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Well in the trilogy is now complete. (Stic-o's Sliders , Stic-o's new front bumper ) Of corse the sliders still arn't built :rolleyes:

Some of you may heard I bought CG's bumper he was going to use, and have some good plans for it. Hope to get started this weekend. I will be replasing the hinge and latch syatem. I had already bought a hinge from Rocklogic.com and I plan to pick up a hinge tommrow at Grainger.

attachment.php

Test fited on Cg's truck
attachment.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look's just like top picture. No frame mounts.

Well here it is! All mounted for now. I still have a lot of changes to do to it. Just wanted to get it on the truck though. Ended up using the stock plate to mount it.

12287rearbump.jpg

12287rearbump2.jpg

I like it! I'm gonna build something similar, eventually.. Gotta find a way around the expensive hingthingy that people recommend for the swing out tire carrier tho

Sweet! :thumbsup:

Does the tire mount tube go all the way across? It looks like it in the last picture. Just curious.

Brian_B said:
Does the tire mount tube go all the way across? It looks like it in the last picture. Just curious.

It seperate in the middle and opens like dutch doors. I plan to to weld it together and make a single gate. Just hav't done it yet

Oh ok. Keep the updates going. If I ever bang mine up, I want to see all sorts of designs.

i like it... i saw that he was selling it.. thats a really good buy. I made one up for mine, but ive thought of another design so i think im gonna sell the one i have now and build another! but it looks great on your truck man! :thumbsup:

FROADER said:
That looks good! Did you already have the rear quarters cut or did you have to do that to mount the bumper? I don't remember if yours was cut or not already.

Nope I cut them for the bumper ;)

FROADER said:
You going to plate it or leave it like that? It look good that way too if you decide not to plate it up. I need a rear bumper... :(

I'm going to leave it like it is. I have my old bumper if you want it. I'm going to toss it soon if no one wants it. :rolleyes: It's taken up space in my truck right now

I was going to run supports from the side pieces in too the frame, but I think I may just leave it. The side pieces are so thin that, I think they'll just crush anyway. :(

More Stic-o Cam!

Stic-o said:
I'm going to leave it like it is. I have my old bumper if you want it.
I have the stock bumper, I was talking about a custom with tire carrier. A 35 takes up a lot of room in the cargo area.

FROADER said:
I have the stock bumper, I was talking about a custom with tire carrier. A 35 takes up a lot of room in the cargo area.

Honestly, I thinking of building another one still. I'm not completly happy with this one, and to make all the changes I want, I mite as well just start over :rolleyes: However I have learned alot from this bumper already! :D

I think I may just throw a gas can holder on it and a CB antenna mount on it, keep it for a little while and then sell it after I build a new one 6 months from now or so.

Stic-o said:
I'm going to leave it like it is. I have my old bumper if you want it. I'm going to toss it soon if no one wants it. :rolleyes: It's taken up space in my truck right now

I was going to run supports from the side pieces in too the frame, but I think I may just leave it. The side pieces are so thin that, I think they'll just crush anyway. :(

Stic-o, if you want to run them, weld on a flat square in the center of the beams, then weld the cross tubes to the frame. This will make that area much stronger and support the entire length.

I have one of the old jeep type gas can mounts as well. Let me know if you want it. It's one of the old ones that's really thick compaired to the new ones. You can weld it on the back next to the tire if you want to carry a cas can there, don't know if it will work with your jack plans though...

Attachments

• bump cross.jpg
    bump cross.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 726

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back