Tds 2007 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tds 2007

Glad to hear there were no serious injuries, that rollbar did its job.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Rollover Posse, aka the 'Oh SH*T!' club.

I hope you are ok emotionally and physically Tom. Having been there and done this, you'll need a few days to sort everything out..

I wish a quick repair and back onto the trails for the Navajo too.

dsc00572fw9.jpg

That's hard to look at Tom, but I'm glad it's your vehicle this time instead of your body.

Take care brother; and hope to see you again this year :)

Sorry to hear about that. Glad you two are ok.

Major bummer! Glad everyone came out OK.

I really like your truck..... It has always stuck in my mind as one of the nicest around because it is my taste.... I am very soory for you. I always worry about this very thing in mine. I like to have fun in it and push it a quite a bit, but this would be devastating.

I am very glad to hear you guys are ok though!!!

I had fun this year, but I managed to crack the transmission tailshaft housing on my T-5 all the way around in two places. Luckily I stopped before it damaged any other tranny components... Atleast I think. I will know when I get it torn out in the next day or two.

I was going 45-50 over all those damn whoops at ocotillo, following our freinds. Two dirt bikes and a prerunner style ranger. I thought my truck was hanging with pretty good till it broke the tranny case. :rolleyes:

Truckhaven is definately much more fun. I will not ever go back to "rockotilla smells" .....

I was hoping that if I did manage to break anything it would be the dana 30.... That would give me an excuse to start the 3 and 4 link that I have been planning. I already have both axles..... ;)

Holly Sh!#:eek: Glad to here you guys are ok. I hate to say this but if anyone had to roll, at least it was the truck with the roll cage.:( Tom, if there is anything you need don't hesatate to ask! I'm in the junk yard all the time... just let me know what you need.;)

So is jefe installing a rollcage before he sells his truck now? :p:

First off, I'm glad that both Tom and Jeff are ok:thumbsup: True to form, everyone pulled together to help Tom out however they could. It's good to know these guys will be there if need be.
The cage definitely did it's job and was money well spent i'm sure Tom would agree:D I think i'm gonna plan to build a cage sooner then later now.

Man, what a long weekend...3 trips to Oco from camp and then Tom's unfortunate rollover. I do have pics of the aftermath but they are the same that have been posted (obviously).

We were trying to take it easy on my friends and their jeep on Sun. but got into a canyon that would've been fun otherwise (and was:p:) but for people who are new to wheeling it was a bit much for them. The jeep did amazingly well and managed to keep up with us, just need a little more driver confidence and experience. My friends Denee' and husband Victor bought the jeep sahara TJ used with a 2 or 3 inch Teraflex lift and 33" A/T's with swaybar disconnects so those mods made a world of difference for them out there.

I think I need a cage too, after seeing that major rollover and how little damage occurred to the front pillars and roof. The majority of the damage was to the rear behind the cage. I have his rig at my house and have been looking at it closer. The fiberglass seemed to save most of the body, except for that right front which took a major hit. The cage saved the passenger area, you can open and close both doors, and its all straight, except the front of the roof where the cage bar was straight instead of curving with the windshield. Its really not that bad, considering it rolled down a hill. Oh, you can leave it here as long as you want Tom. I stuck a solar battery charger in the cig lighter so it should slowly charge up the battery over a few days.

Can't believe someone died in the ditches.......I mean, come on, wear your seatbelt. If not for yourself, do it for everyone else (family, friends, etc..) so we don't have to watch a friend die by being stupid.

I was thinking about it. Actually, i had been THINKING about it for many years, but now I might actually DO something about it. :eek:

I hear you Jeff:thumbsup: I've been tinking about for some time too. The biggest thing is you need so much tube for these things..:rolleyes: Heck Dave's would be cheap to build., it would be a third of the tube, of ours.:( You could practice builing one for the truck, because you know you want one for the focus:p:

Re: building a cage. Just suck it up and do it! You're all on borrowed time!

Don't learn the hard way, like me. :rolleyes:

I want to cage mine, but I want to cut the back off first like so:

attachment.php

attachment.php

That looks pretty cool, is the back like a little bed and tailgate?

Tom, sorry to hear about your truck, but I'm glad that both you and Jefe are ok. Just get it fix's and get out there again.:D

By the way, Happy Birthday!!!! (Mar. 7) Your how OLD!!!!:eek: ;)

Tom,

I'm glad to hear you and Jefe are ok. I hope to wheel with you guys again someday. :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I guess it had to happen sooner or later but Gerald once said something after my ankle affair, he said we in wheeling are not just friends, we're a brotherhood.......and that brotherhood was front and center Sunday at my rollover. I want to thank everyone there for taking care of me and most importantly my rig:D Brian, for towing, winching, storing my rig, so my poor wife won’t have to see it and for not letting me quit mentally, Dave for helping in so many ways. Dave’s poor friends, Daniel, Victor, and their wife’s, who went wheeling for the first time and had to see the worst that can happen. Hope they don’t give up. Karl, (Ridge) a newbee but earned his brotherhood status with me. And what can I say about Jefe. He was not only with me when I rolled but continued riding with me all the way to camp. I guess he figured lightning doesn’t strike twice in the same place. He also worked hard trying to start the Navajo into the night.

I’ve always tried to help people on the trail not really thinking about how they feel, I do it out of loyalty, but now I know how it feels to be on the receiving end. Thank you all, thank you all, thank you all.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did it happen? I’ve replayed it all in my mind a kazillion times. What would I do different? It all boils down to the same thing. I got relaxed and overconfident because we were heading back, in other words I got sloppy. When Brian decided to turn around at the top I should have done the same. Instead I decide to back down the slope without really checking the trail or thinking. My mind was already thinking of all the things I had to do when we got back to camp. I wasn’t giving the trail my full attention and this time I wasn’t lucky…… Luck can take you so far then it’ll get you hurt. So one advice boy’s and girl’s is ALWAYS GIVE THE TRAIL YOU”RE FULL ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s a serious hobby we have and you can get hurt.

The last advice is, GET A CAGE, GET A CAGE, and GET A CAGE. If you have to beg, borrow or steal GET A CAGE. I sure It could have been much worse if I didn’t have a cage to protect Jefe’s head and my numbskull. So Please for you’re loved one’s GET A CAGE.

Thanks to all the well wishers that know me and all the one’s who don’t but took the time to write.
Hey Paul hurry up and get out there, Thanks for reminding me my birthday. UGGGH:confused:

Back