Tds 2007 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tds 2007

Go with the maroon 1 because its not white, you could get lost in the sea of white explorers.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea i hear ya on that one plus it still has the top on it and i im not really looking to chop the top thats why it is an explorer and not a bronco and its like a block away just got to get my damn truck to sell

I'm really surprised that daddy_ja is selling. I could swear he only finished it maybe last summer.

It's an Arizona thing... build your Ex and then sell it before you ever wheel with Rick;) :confused:

It's an Arizona thing... build your Ex and then sell it before you ever wheel with Rick;) :confused:

Wow i dont live in AZ and I have wheeled with Rick! haha

Do you call it wheeling when rick just lead us around by the hand.

Hey Rick, Navajos dead in the water, no one can figure it out. I'm towing it out of Brian's house and taking it to a mech. keeping my fingers crossed it'll be ready for Moab. If not I'll rent a jeep.:D

still cant get it started i would offer to give a hand and help you get it running again if i was out that way. I would say get a electrical schematic on the sparking system and start at the battery and work your way to plugs to figure out where the power is getting cut off. I love working on engines wish i could help you out. And tom if you want i can up you the cost for the plug wires since i kinda buggered that one up

Thanks Steve. :thumbsup: Let me know if it has the side rear windows and the sunroof glass. The driver and passenger windows are ok. I want to get the rig ready for Moab. Time flies:confused: and days turn into weeks real fast.

No luck:( I went to the JY, and found nothing. They had about 3 or four explorers in there, but not one sport.:thumbdwn: What really sucks is it was 1/2 price day..:rolleyes: Sorry Tom

No luck:( I went to the JY, and found nothing. They had about 3 or four explorers in there, but not one sport.:thumbdwn:
What really sucks is it was 1/2 price day..:rolleyes: Sorry Tom

Thanks Steve, I really appreciate it. :thumbsup: I’ve been seriously thinking of making it a half roof and eliminating all the windows behind the door. I’m only worried on how it would affect body integrity with all the flexing. :confused:

Karl, forget the cable buddy. I owe you for all you're help.

na yoiu dont even got to worry about that ill help any time i can. Now im sorta in the same boat as you i am in a waiting game trying to get someone to buy my truck

I’ve been seriously thinking of making it a half roof and eliminating all the windows behind the door. I’m only worried on how it would affect body integrity with all the flexing. :confused:

That's what the cage is for. Chop it up!! :D

the next thing yoiu know this will wind up as a exploerer buggy with a tublar frame around it!!! Like the yotas we seen at tds on main street

Thinking of Fakrwee's incident, I saw some cheap backup camaras that you mount on the license plate frame (Pep Boys $100). Not a fullproof of averting an accident in that type of situation but may help somewhat especially if you were alone with no spotter.

Tom, have you tried pulling the plugs yet? I'm probably something stupid like that. In any case, good luck tracking down the starting problem.

well dave if yoiu remember when we were out there i had him crank it when i had that one wire off and the clip right next to it and it aint getting no spark so it has a short in the power distribution some where

any of yall know anyone who needs a dependable truck i need to sell mine

Yes, I remember but I'd still pull em just to make sure. It's always easier to check the simple things first;) Oh yeah, i need to add the spark plug socket to my truck tools:p:

On the Explo purchase, I do like Daemons but I'd go with Daddy ja's since it's still full bodied which is what you are after plus it looks to be well built.

Hey, I like that idea of chopping off the rear behind the doors, like the old Rodeo's. Then put in a soft top. That would be super cool looking on a two door. Tom, is the Navajo still:dead: ?

Canvas top with the roll-up sides like a Can-Back.

TomChopped.jpg

Navajo is in the shop.:dead: :rant: Nothing was done on Sat. Monday they'll work on it.

Dave , Monday will tell the tale.

Cool Colin. Do one complete convertible with half doors. That way I don't have to buy the moonroof. :D

Here's an idea for you 4 door dudes.

EXPConvertible.jpg

ExplorerRearnotop.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow thats looking sharp.

Back