Truck Haven MLK 2018 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven MLK 2018

Well it's raining hard at my house, was worried it might be a mud show this weekend. But it doesn't show it raining at Salton Sea.

IMG_20180109_163641.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Trailer get rewired tomorrow. Have grandkid pickup duty on Thurs. So will be out on Friday. BTW Icarus is for sale, bring money!

Other than putting the Pumpkin on the trailer I'm ready to go. Weather permitting I'll be leaving tomorrow morning.

camper is loaded, batteries are iffy in it. just need to get up in the AM, get breakfast, hitch the JKUR up and head on down..

Change of plan. I'll be leaving by 9am tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

Awwww....man

I just parked. Found a nice fire ring at the far west end of the flat area.
20180110_124130.jpg

The sign at the Y is missing, but the posts are still there. Turn right here.
20180110_121445.jpg

It looks drier than my backyard that's for sure :D

I checked Box Canyon and it's open:chug:

Did someone say "bring wood"?

IMG_3140.JPG

I'll see you guys on Friday.

Trailer ready, everything fueled. Started to swap tires on explorer,:rant:well no wonder it started pulling to the left!!! Look ma no brakes!!! Gotta put new pads on it! Once that's done, empty the holding tanks load the fridge and :burnout:. See you Friday

Stopping for ice, then heading down :bounce:

JP is loaded on the trailer and firewood is in the bed, but I realized I forgot to fix something.:confused2:

I have cracked front shock mounts that we welded last time or two at truckhaven with Rick's welder. I would just weld them before I go, but my welder is down because I have not fixed my 220 plug in the garage yet:banghead:

I'm just going to take it easy, but I'll bring some scrap metal just in case we need to fix it.

I have cracked front shock mounts that we welded last time or two at truckhaven with Rick's welder. I would just weld them before I go, but my welder is down because I have not fixed my 220 plug in the garage yet:banghead:

I'm just going to take it easy, but I'll bring some scrap metal just in case we need to fix it.

You coming out tomorrow? If you wanna stop by we can zap it with my welder.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found problems on my bronco today to as I was checking it over. It should be ok now. Or at least enough to make it through the weekend.

Back