Truck Haven MLK 2017 Jan 13 - 15 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven MLK 2017 Jan 13 - 15

I'm out. That particular Saturday I can't take off. Another co worker is already off that day. Always seems to go that way when I want to go offroading :rant:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am in. Got all of the major problems with my truck worked out.

I'm out... One of Yo's uncles passed and the funeral is Friday night and Saturday. I already warned my boss that I'm taking 4 or so days off in October for the next run.

~Mark

I am planning on getting there sometime Thursday afternoon.

Good that Joe can make it, sucks that Mark is out. We should have a run around Tuscan sometime.

I'm sorry for the late notice, but we just found out that an old friend from IL is coming to Phoenix this weekend. Have you ever said "Come on over any time, we're alway around?" well, he took me up on the offer and wants to stay a night with us. His trip wasn't planned. He has to move his mother to a care facility and is using the opportunity for a visit.

This trip fell apart fast

Oh man. Sorry to hear so few (2 or 3?) can make it. Does it make sense to postpone the trip? No holiday weekends for awhile but maybe we can pick a weekend in the next couple of months for when more can make it out.

Wow...dropping like flies...

I'm still coming out Brian;)...unless you bail too..

After talking with Brian, we have decided to reschedule this trip. So let's see what dates work for everyone and make it out.

For reference:
KOH is first week of February
TDS is first weekend in March

We weren't going to make it either! Shadow came into heat (Again) so we bred her. If it takes puppies in mid. March

I am up for another weekend and am open to a date.

Too bad but makes sense. Weather forecast looked good out there. The extra time will give me time to tweak and fix a few more things I hope. I am flexible on the dates and will try and get the Friday off for whichever weekend is decided.

This is the first MLK weekend I won't be at Truckhaven since we started having MLK runs at Truckhaven.

This is the first MLK weekend I won't be at Truckhaven since we started having MLK runs at Truckhaven.

I think this it the first time this run hasn't happened :(

Why not try some new trails next trip instead? I've always been interested to do the Miller Jeep trail so that may be my truck's maiden trail voyage when the time comes.

Why not try some new trails next trip instead? I've always been interested to do the Miller Jeep trail so that may be my truck's maiden trail voyage when the time comes.

That trail has always been on my list, but what would we do the other two-three days?

I've dome Miller a really long time ago with Jeff and bro. You have to wait till late spring for that trail, as they get snow and they have to maintain the trail before it's ready to go for the season. The trail dumps out at Gorman OHV. So you could make a weekend out of it.

Depending on group size, capabilities of rigs and trail conditions, Miller can take half a day or a full day.

I've done Miller Jeep a few times. It's a fun and scenic run but easily doable in a slightly modified rig so the SAS vehicles would be bored. There also are not any other fun trail options up that way. I would love to try Big Bear again but Truckhaven is more central for those coming from out of state.

Big Bear or maybe Calico could be cool again

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Calico would be good.

Back