• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Truck Haven MLK 2017 Jan 13 - 15

R.J.

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
I'm out. That particular Saturday I can't take off. Another co worker is already off that day. Always seems to go that way when I want to go offroading :rant:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jobunn

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clarita, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
I am in. Got all of the major problems with my truck worked out.

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
I'm out... One of Yo's uncles passed and the funeral is Friday night and Saturday. I already warned my boss that I'm taking 4 or so days off in October for the next run.

~Mark

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I am planning on getting there sometime Thursday afternoon.

Good that Joe can make it, sucks that Mark is out. We should have a run around Tuscan sometime.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I'm sorry for the late notice, but we just found out that an old friend from IL is coming to Phoenix this weekend. Have you ever said "Come on over any time, we're alway around?" well, he took me up on the offer and wants to stay a night with us. His trip wasn't planned. He has to move his mother to a care facility and is using the opportunity for a visit.

jobunn

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clarita, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
Oh man. Sorry to hear so few (2 or 3?) can make it. Does it make sense to postpone the trip? No holiday weekends for awhile but maybe we can pick a weekend in the next couple of months for when more can make it out.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
After talking with Brian, we have decided to reschedule this trip. So let's see what dates work for everyone and make it out.

For reference:
KOH is first week of February
TDS is first weekend in March

zukman

"Home of Misfit Crawlers"
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91EB, '86Sami, '85Ranger
We weren't going to make it either! Shadow came into heat (Again) so we bred her. If it takes puppies in mid. March

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I am up for another weekend and am open to a date.

jobunn

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clarita, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
Too bad but makes sense. Weather forecast looked good out there. The extra time will give me time to tweak and fix a few more things I hope. I am flexible on the dates and will try and get the Friday off for whichever weekend is decided.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
This is the first MLK weekend I won't be at Truckhaven since we started having MLK runs at Truckhaven.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
This is the first MLK weekend I won't be at Truckhaven since we started having MLK runs at Truckhaven.

I think this it the first time this run hasn't happened :(

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
Why not try some new trails next trip instead? I've always been interested to do the Miller Jeep trail so that may be my truck's maiden trail voyage when the time comes.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Why not try some new trails next trip instead? I've always been interested to do the Miller Jeep trail so that may be my truck's maiden trail voyage when the time comes.

That trail has always been on my list, but what would we do the other two-three days?

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
I've dome Miller a really long time ago with Jeff and bro. You have to wait till late spring for that trail, as they get snow and they have to maintain the trail before it's ready to go for the season. The trail dumps out at Gorman OHV. So you could make a weekend out of it.

Depending on group size, capabilities of rigs and trail conditions, Miller can take half a day or a full day.

jobunn

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clarita, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
I've done Miller Jeep a few times. It's a fun and scenic run but easily doable in a slightly modified rig so the SAS vehicles would be bored. There also are not any other fun trail options up that way. I would love to try Big Bear again but Truckhaven is more central for those coming from out of state.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.