Truck Haven MLK 2014 Jan 18-20 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven MLK 2014 Jan 18-20

...:scratch:...its about time to post up who all is going...

..I am a maybe right now because of work but I do want to get my Ranger out there and test the Atlas 4 low and to see BKennedy's new sas...:D

..and a potato gun count wouldn't hurt either..:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still in as long as there will be other people out there ;)

Do we have a "IN" list?
We are planning on getting out there Thursday afternoon and going home Monday.
Progress on the SAS:
I just finished welded the Explorer, and am going to have the axle welding finished today. Hopefully, it will also all be painted up and ready for re-install. Steering should arrive next week, which will give me time to get the brakes figured out. I am not going to worry about anything that I have on my extensive list that will not be critical. Second battery, lights, re-wiring all of the accessories, etc.. I am just going to hook everything up to the one battery I have space for right now and get it running. Still need to clock the transfer case down so the drive shaft clears the exhaust, and get the radiator overflow done as well.

Put me on the list.

I'm in! :thumbsup:

Rick & Char - In
DB-1 - In
Bkennedy - In
FR-425 - In
Tbars4 - Maybe
jobunn - Maybe

Last edited:

[MENTION=62]Maniak[/MENTION] - ?

I'm out.. I don't get vacation time fast enough and at the new job I had to use 3 vacation days during the holiday break since the office I work in (not the company I work for) was closed for 2 weeks.

Have fun everyone, and dent something for me..

~Mark

I'm out.. I don't get vacation time fast enough and at the new job I had to use 3 vacation days during the holiday break since the office I work in (not the company I work for) was closed for 2 weeks.

Have fun everyone, and dent something for me..

~Mark

Well, that sucks.
This might be the lowest turnout ever.
My friends the Kelley's with the green J&*p that closely resembles Brother of Jefe's are coming out for the weekend.

I'm a maybe, but not bringing JP. Just a ride along.

Besides I gotta clean up the F150, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to put it for sale.

I'm out this time.:( Also Chris will be working so he is also out.

Sorry to hear that you and Chris won't be able to join us. We'll see ya next time:chug:

Hey Rick,

Couple ??'s

Camp location? Map, GPS coord's?

What CB Chanel do you guys monitor?

So far we are the only 2 Zonies, I'm gona take Friday off and daylight drive out. Run together maybe?

Hey Rick,

Couple ??'s

Camp location? Map, GPS coord's?

What CB Chanel do you guys monitor?

So far we are the only 2 Zonies, I'm gona take Friday off and daylight drive out. Run together maybe?

Rick normally cheats and doesn't even hit I-10 until he is near CA (He's in Suprise)..

As for the camping spot.. Here is a GPS map I saved a few years ago.. The Start/Stop of the run is the camping spot that has been the primary for the last 4+ years. http://maps.google.com/?t=h&q=http:...3.29105,-116.005796&spn=0.02773,0.038581&z=15

I can't answer the CB channel.. as I only remember a few trips when it was set ahead of time.. (CB's can get pretty busy out that way).

~Mark

Copy that, right off of Marina Dr. Thanks.

I'm only 8 miles from Rick so we could "cheat" together.

We are actually leaving on Thursday. We should be there late Thursday afternoon. We take US60 almost all the way to Quartzsite before we hit I-10. I'll PM you with the exact route from I-10.

We are actually leaving on Thursday. We should be there late Thursday afternoon. We take US60 almost all the way to Quartzsite before we hit I-10. I'll PM you with the exact route from I-10.

So are we. Sarah and I anyway. The wife will be coming out Sunday morning. We are hoping to leave here Thursday mid-morning for a noon-ish arrival time.

I got ahold of Tom Rios. Get this, he moved to Florida. I guess no more Truckhaven trips for him. Everybody needs to PM him to give him crap about retiring and moving to Florida.

He told me those were his plans before the last run. That was the last I heard from him. I guess he went through with it.:eek:

I forgot you weren't at the last run. I had told those who were there.

I am trying to make it again this year but not sure yet if I can swing it. It will be a last minute decision. The wife had another baby girl on Nov 22 so we are playing catch-up with everything thing else since then. Good thing is that the explorer is all in one piece again.

Congrats on the Explorer being back in one piece..:biggthump

...oh yea...and the baby girl too..:D

:thumbsup:Congrats Joe...hope you can make it out

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You gotta come out, and bring those crazy brothers.

The trails, and the campfire, would not be the same without you three.

Back