Truck Haven MLK 2014 Jan 18-20 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven MLK 2014 Jan 18-20

really wanted to make it out but it's not going to happen. To much going on with April's party. She has 15+ kids coming:eek:

Have fun guys:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

T- 1 day and counting :D

Bring firewood. I will bring as much as I can fit in the back of the Explorer. We still might have to conserve to have wood over four nights.

Luckily for you guys tge big W is calming down starting later today. It's been pretty crazy here for last couple of days. Almost 90* at Ted's place yesterday....in January!

Luckily for you guys tge big W is calming down starting later today. It's been pretty crazy here for last couple of days. Almost 90* at Ted's place yesterday....in January!

..Yep, Big W has been extended till tomorrow night...Today I was looking for my sunblock...

..Just be careful this weekend and pack accordingly as we are expecting a cold snap Saturday and Sunday..It will be in the mid 70's.

:fire: Bring'n 1/8 cord of Mesquite.... :fire:

..Yep, Big W has been extended till tomorrow night...Today I was looking for my sunblock...

..Just be careful this weekend and pack accordingly as we are expecting a cold snap Saturday and Sunday..It will be in the mid 70's.

Still planning on arriving late Thursday afternoon. Just Sarah and I until Sunday morning.

Oh, man, I better bring that thick jacket I picked up in San Francisco. Brrrrrrrrrr.

Oh, man, I better bring that thick jacket I picked up in San Francisco. Brrrrrrrrrr.

..:D

pimp-coat-and-hat-white-fur-with-detail.jpg

I am assuming we are camping of Marina Drive? I don't think it was mentioned yet. To those of you who have not experienced Truckhaven Hills;

Highway S-86 to Salton Sea
Turn WEST on Marina Drive
Go past the houses and it turns into dirt.
Just prior to some low hills, there is a sign "FREEMAN PROPERTY", and the road splits.
Veer right. We will be straight back that dirt road on the left side about 200 yards from the split. Look for the Pumpkin and the White Explorer near a Winnebago RV.

We should be leaving by 1:30 this afternoon. Need to shop for food on the way out, and I am sure I will be making several stops on the way to check the Explorer, so we should be arriving around 4:30-5:00, just in time for the sunset.

Last edited:

.I'm still working on making it out..:banghead:

..If I do make it I might be a ride along as I will be in the Ranger loaded with tools coming from a job..:shifty_ey ..But I will probably get me in some ditch playing..

..I do have a camera I want to try out though..:D

We are here. Weather is pleasant. No other rigs here so we got a good spot as far as I could see in the dark. I stopped about five times to check on the Explorer so it took longer than normal.

Sent from my XT907 using Forum Runner

Heading out in a couple hours.

...Tell them guys out there that their picture sharing skills are lacking..:p:

Doesn't look good for me to make it this trip unfortunately. Hopefully there will be one more trip before summer that I can make. Have fun, be safe and take lots of pics all. And thanks for the congrats.

Brian's Explorer works REALLY well:chug:

Pics or it ain't true!

Make sure you guys take and post lots of pics! When I wake up after surgery tomorrow I'll need to see lots of pics.

Attachments

• 1D7_3632.jpg
    1D7_3632.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 249
  • 1D7_3634.jpg
    1D7_3634.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 255
  • 1D7_3636.jpg
    1D7_3636.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 249
  • 1D7_3650.jpg
    1D7_3650.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 248
  • 1D7_3660.jpg
    1D7_3660.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 269
  • 1D7_3639.jpg
    1D7_3639.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 243

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attachments

• 1D7_3661.jpg
    1D7_3661.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 299

Back