Truck Haven MLK 2014 Jan 18-20 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven MLK 2014 Jan 18-20

Have my annual superstition run that weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm planning to make this run, funds permitted.

Very cool Rick! Been thinking about that for years. Remember the old plane footage jefe use to shoot.

Sure do, that's what inspired me to do this :chug:

..4 weeks and counting..:popcorn:

..Do we have any Newbies who would like to attend, ride along, or drive your own and go on a "Little Dog's" scenic run just to explore the area?

..Want to come out just for the day and meet everyone or just camp with us for the weekend?

..Feel free to drive out (as you can make it to where we camp in just about any vehicle) and introduce yourselves, check out the various Forum Members vehicles, and meet everyone else who is attending..

..This is a Family Friendly group and all are pretty friendly...:biggthump

.Mark...Weren't you out at Truckhaven when Izwack came out?

..There were a number of potato guns in use that year and IIRC, there is a picture of a certain Ranger that got blown up by Gopher that trip..

I think I still have my 2 potato guns in the shed.

BrianBazooka.jpg

Only single shot potato guns, no semi-automatics............:D

I wasn't there with the potato guns... at least I never saw them being used...

I do still have mine from my camping trips to painted canyon.

7 ft barrel with a muzzle brake. It is using an axial chamber with flapper valve. It even has 2 layers of denim with PVC tape for blow out protection.

At 150 psi I can shoot a railroad spike (those 5-6" long things) almost 1/4 mile.

~Mark

What about the year we were shooting the potato guns and brother of jefe kids came walking in from the desert to show us the potatoes they found laying in the desert. Think it was the same year we scorched the dutch oven peach cobbler in the fire with all the Christmas trees.

I wont be able to make it.

My potato gun is sitting in the garage..I been thinking of digging it out:D

I wasn't there with the potato guns... at least I never saw them being used...

I do still have mine from my camping trips to painted canyon.

7 ft barrel with a muzzle brake. It is using an axial chamber with flapper valve. It even has 2 layers of denim with PVC tape for blow out protection.

At 150 psi I can shoot a railroad spike (those 5-6" long things) almost 1/4 mile.

~Mark

Go big or go home, that's you brother!

My potato gun is sitting in the garage..I been thinking of digging it out:D

If this is turning into another potato gun run, can we pick another target other than a Ranger? :shifty_ey..Drones do make better targets...just saying...:D

Well looks like I'm out. Military service has gotten in the way again...:-/

We are out. Dr decided to schedule lumbar surgery for the 13th, if Dr doesn't release me by Sat Zuk might ride out with Stic-o and do a ride along.
BTW the Dr says I'll be good to go come Oct! We're gonna need a bigger trailer!

I do remember Bro of Jefe's kids getting nailed with the marshmellow guns:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:scratch: Drone Recovery / Mobile Potato Launcher? :scratch:

IMG_20131224_203018_zps74d2665c.jpg

Back