GWNF Run: Early-Mid December 2011 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GWNF Run: Early-Mid December 2011

Thank you sir!

And i may have two more Jeeps coming along.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im definitely out now for sure .my trans just went out on my accord so will be doing a 6 speed swap,so i need every penny possible.have fun y'all and take alot of pics.

ps-Will, stay out the water holes!!!;)

Im definitely out now for sure .my trans just went out on my accord so will be doing a 6 speed swap,so i need every penny possible.have fun y'all and take alot of pics.

ps-Will, stay out the water holes!!!;)

Sorry to hear JD...hopefully see you and Xeek at the next one though!

Sorry to hear JD...hopefully see you and Xeek at the next one though!

its all good.im putting a SC on it soon so knew the trans was going to go soon anyways.gota pay to play.for sure,can't wait for the next one.now we are getting a group up that can and will wheel together;)

Is this still going down on the 4th?

If so, $5 PayPal (not really) to anyone who can provide me the in/lbs torque spec for the bolts that hold the separator plate to the 4r55e/5r55e Valve Body. My transmission is currently in my parent's basement in 4,000 pieces from blowing up on the last run... and now I'm stuck. Don't get the torque specs right, the tranny doesn't go into drive :( :(

4zDxp.jpg

I'm trying to have it back together by the 4th.

Is this still going down on the 4th?

If so, $5 PayPal (not really) to anyone who can provide me the in/lbs torque spec for the bolts that hold the separator plate to the 4r55e/5r55e Valve Body. My transmission is currently in my parent's basement in 4,000 pieces from blowing up on the last run... and now I'm stuck. Don't get the torque specs right, the tranny doesn't go into drive :( :(

4zDxp.jpg

I'm trying to have it back together by the 4th.
its still on for the 4th... If I knew anything about trannys I'd be there helping you man
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180919
That should be it... I'll just grab that 5 in a week lol

3 bolts on separator plate 7Nm (62 in-lbs) valve body bolts 8-11 Nm ,(71-97 in-lbs) reverse servo cover same.. pan bolts 13-15 Nm (115-133 in-lbs

THANKS WILL!! apparently my search button does not work as well as yours.

and Freddy.. lol... It does look pretty wicked doesn't it?

Hnwkm.jpg

This crap is by far more particular and confusing than the engine build..

I'm not sure but a couple of you guys may remember me saying I saw 220+ degree trans fluid when we were cruising through the mountains? I lost the 1-2 shift about 10 mins into the drive home, lost overdrive while doing 55 down a back road, then lost reverse when I tried to back it into my driveway :(. I cracked it open and the fluid closely resembled black coffee. Barely had any viscosity to it and smelled like burned rubber... whoops.

I'm going to try and have the trans back in by tomorrow, will keep you guys updated.

Just got off the phone with the Ranger station and Stony Run will be OPEN on the 4th!

Updated the first post with that info. We'll still meet at the location listed in that post (beginning of Coal Road) and then hit Stony Run followed by Shoe Creek.

Brandon, how's that trans looking?

Paging Unclemeat....you in for this one?

Transmission is not looking good fellas..

Still have no 1-2 shift and I can't manually shift it with the gear select. I PM'ed BrooklynBay to see what he thinks of my symptoms.. but I'm afraid I may have a snapped band. I'm still working on it and trying different adjustments to see what the TransGo kit likes... it's only a matter of time.

In the case that my 4r has taken a dump, screw the $600 rebuild, I'm going 5-speed.

I knew I shouldn't have gone back to get redemption on that hill... Brandon's hill may have won after all.....

Transmission is not looking good fellas..

Still have no 1-2 shift and I can't manually shift it with the gear select. I PM'ed BrooklynBay to see what he thinks of my symptoms.. but I'm afraid I may have a snapped band. I'm still working on it and trying different adjustments to see what the TransGo kit likes... it's only a matter of time.

In the case that my 4r has taken a dump, screw the $600 rebuild, I'm going 5-speed.

Any luck/progress?

sounds to me like you burnt the bands or clutches up

OK so it looks like all the Jeeps have bailed. Still a maybe on the Landcruiser dude.

Hell even if it's just me and 1 other truck I'm still going :D

hahah yea i know the feeling

I will be there for sure. Don't think i'll get my 1354e tcase installed with the manual shift kit,but i'll be there!

If the current tcase goes on the trail, i'll be fine in 2wd! Yep got some cv axle stubs for trail back-ups.

And I think Fishfood is meeting us out there. Someone will have to double check that though.

Yeah I'm going to have to be out.

Both the intermediate and overdrive bands in the trans are craptastic. I don't trust being that far away from home and risking losing forward gears/movement permanently.

Not to mention, during my re-re-reinstillation of the valve body, it fell about 2 feet, smacking me directly in the mouth. Cutting the crap out of my tongue, had to get it glued back together.. I've got a nice picture of it if you guys want to see.. lol This thing is wearing me out..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah I'm going to have to be out.

Both the intermediate and overdrive bands in the trans are craptastic. I don't trust being that far away from home and risking losing forward gears/movement permanently.

Not to mention, during my re-re-reinstillation of the valve body, it fell about 2 feet, smacking me directly in the mouth. Cutting the crap out of my tongue, had to get it glued back together.. I've got a nice picture of it if you guys want to see.. lol This thing is wearing me out..

ouch! you have a history of things falling on you when you're under your truck!

Back