GWNF Run: Early-Mid December 2011 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GWNF Run: Early-Mid December 2011

I will be there for sure. Don't think i'll get my 1354e tcase installed with the manual shift kit,but i'll be there!

If the current tcase goes on the trail, i'll be fine in 2wd! Yep got some cv axle stubs for trail back-ups.

And I think Fishfood is meeting us out there. Someone will have to double check that though.

I'll email Fishfood to make sure he's still in. I think I have his number too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah I'm going to have to be out.

Both the intermediate and overdrive bands in the trans are craptastic. I don't trust being that far away from home and risking losing forward gears/movement permanently.

Not to mention, during my re-re-reinstillation of the valve body, it fell about 2 feet, smacking me directly in the mouth. Cutting the crap out of my tongue, had to get it glued back together.. I've got a nice picture of it if you guys want to see.. lol This thing is wearing me out..
its my fault. ive been wondering if that **** was gonna smack you again :/

pfft. my bands are prob welded to the tranny or completely gone, but i still drove the truck 500 miles round trip up there knowing its gonna go any day now.
you scurred.

its my fault. ive been wondering if that **** was gonna smack you again :/

pfft. my bands are prob welded to the tranny or completely gone, but i still drove the truck 500 miles round trip up there knowing its gonna go any day now.
you scurred.

You also have the A4LD you know..

I only have the bullet 'resistant' 4RcrapcrapE.....

Bring back pictures fellas!

Lol looks like were back to just explorers I'm packing the x tmrw and ill be ready....
God it has been a long week... Good thing I beat my speeding ticket today(cop was a no show) saved quite a few bux, only with speedometer calibration test really saved me :)

To wheel or not to wheel

Just chiming in to confirm the meet up time as being 9am on the 4th at the intersection of coal road and the public road (where we met before).......

Am I in..... That is a good question. the best answer that i can give you is that if i am going to be there, i will be on time and at the meeting spot. if you do not see me then do not wait on me..... i am one of those 15 minute early people.

i will be working at the cabin on saturday as a day trip and if i feel like i got enough done then i will venture out on Sunday to play in the dirt with you guys.... if i dont get enough done i will be at the cabin on sunday as well.

i have to have conditions ready for a sub contactor coming in to help me with a big push next week to install 5 french doors and maybe half the siding.

you know, prioities and such.

Anyway hope to see you Sunday but if not, bang on a few rocks for me.

Sounds good. We should be there on time also; leaving Northern VA around 6am.

Things to do tomorrow:

Oil Change (DONE)
Re-Wire Electric fan for manual shut off (for the huge puddles!) (DONE)
Rear Diff Oil Change and torque Ring Gear Bolts (Now Riding with 4.56s) (DONE)
Top off front diff oil (gotta keep that pinion bearing lubbed) (DONE)
TUNE CB RADIO (NOT DONE!)

... See you all there...

Sounds good. We should be there on time also; leaving Northern VA around 6am.

Things to do tomorrow:

Oil Change
Re-Wire Electric fan for manual shut off (for the huge puddles!)
Rear Diff Oil Change and torque Ring Gear Bolts (Now Riding with 4.56s)
Top off front diff oil (gotta keep that pinion bearing lubbed)

... See you all there...

Did you get your CB tuned?

I finally found my handheld so I'll bring that as a backup.

You also have the A4LD you know..

I only have the bullet 'resistant' 4RcrapcrapE.....

Bring back pictures fellas!
you jinxed me lol
i got to work and swung around to back into my spot and accidentally slipped and left it in neutral a second to long, then reverse and there it went :(
had to shut the truck off and block the parking lot for 5 mins. thankfully it worked when i started the truck again lol

Did you get your CB tuned?

I finally found my handheld so I'll bring that as a backup.

I could use it if you didn't mind I hate to buy a antenna for a day especially when money is tight around xmas... Should have another rider good thing for the third row...ill also have a snap on cordless impact if needed(hope not) as well as my other two boxes of goodies(tools don't get excited)

I could use it if you didn't mind I hate to buy a antenna for a day especially when money is tight around xmas... Should have another rider good thing for the third row...ill also have a snap on cordless impact if needed(hope not) as well as my other two boxes of goodies(tools don't get excited)

No prob. It's actually not a bad little radio so it should work well.

Ugg i hate you guys!!i wanna go so bad,just can't afford it!!i hate missing runs:(

james & michael, were you planning on topping off before meetup or after first trail?
im full now but im sure it will go quick and i dont want to be even low on the trail...

Gas Tank

Definitely Topping off. I think there was a gas station right by the coal road entrance. Last time we hit the first gas station off of the main road.

james & michael, were you planning on topping off before meetup or after first trail?
im full now but im sure it will go quick and i dont want to be even low on the trail...

Definitely Topping off. I think there was a gas station right by the coal road entrance. Last time we hit the first gas station off of the main road.

Yeah I think we can hit one on the way to Coal Rd instead of backtracking like last time.

I'll bring my SWR meter so we can tune your CB in the parking lot tomorrow morning. Should take 10 mins or less.

Finally got to swap out that bad TPMS sensor today...wasn't too hard and I am definitely happier now that I don't have it beeping at me every time I start the truck.

Also pulled off my OEM front swaybar bushings and replaced with the greasable ones from Energy Suspension...very nice to not have my front swaybar groaning and squeaking every time I hit even a tiny bump!

Ready for tomorrow!! :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ready for tomorrow!! :bounce:

Can't wait I'm sure I won't sleep much see yall full up at coal rd at 9:00 am or earlier i should still have James's number if anything happens..

See yall there 9am!!
:exporange:exp::exporange:exp::exporange:exp::exporange

Back