What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 118 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Several months ago I finally upgraded the wheels. Got new Michelin tires on some Ray's Gram-Lights 57ANA's. These wheels are on r35 GTRs, etc but I wanted something sporty. Really wanted the 22 inch wheels from the Ford Flex that are baller, but the ones I bought had alot of corrosion so sold them for a profit and put that toward some brand new Rays. Got a good deal from a guy who closed his shop in NY and knew him from some youtubers on the east coast. He still has some wheels for sale of different kinds at a great price. His account on there is VERSUS Autosports. FYI

So these wheels are 20 inch and the specs are in the images etc. If you want to run these, you MIGHT need spacers. I already had 1/2 inch spacers from Bora (with their own bolts) and that gave just enough clearance from the shocks.

Posted are the before and after. Also for others who dont' know, I put Bilstein's on the front suspension and have the H&R lowering springs. No rubbing at all.

IMG20230325184856.jpg

IMG20230406094912_old.jpeg

IMG20230406160857.jpg

IMG20230406161254.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did Livernois tune and wish I did it sooner. Replaced my front shocks with the interceptor set, trying to find a shop to install the rears. Also updated my exhaust and swapped the Y for the interceptor dual intermediate, but didn't complete it as I wanted to. It sounds F150 Raptorish going from the Flowmaster setup to this. I swapped to Sport brake lights.

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

Did Livernois tune and wish I did it sooner. Replaced my front shocks with the interceptor set, trying to find a shop to install the rears. Also updated my exhaust and swapped the Y for the interceptor dual intermediate, but didn't complete it as I wanted to. It sounds F150 Raptorish going from the Flowmaster setup to this. I swapped to Sport brake lights.

View attachment 449413

View attachment 449414

View attachment 449415

View attachment 449416

View attachment 449417

View attachment 449418
Looks good. You could do the rears, but you're right to pay someone if you can, because they are a pain in the butt. I had a crows foot to reach in and it was still very hard. The turn makes all the difference in and XLT. I have a different tune, but it's probably similar to the Livernois. Mine was mostly to take advantage of the Cold air intake from K&N I did. Do you have a CAI? If not, that should have been first. love the engine noises. Too bad I don't have a turbo whisle. :)

Looks good. You could do the rears, but you're right to pay someone if you can, because they are a pain in the butt. I had a crows foot to reach in and it was still very hard. The turn makes all the difference in and XLT. I have a different tune, but it's probably similar to the Livernois. Mine was mostly to take advantage of the Cold air intake from K&N I did. Do you have a CAI? If not, that should have been first. love the engine noises. Too bad I don't have a turbo whisle. :)
No CAI, was trying to figure out if it was worth it and had a maf block off plate. I ended up with 87 and 93 eco and performance tunes with most my fuel ups E85. My delta 50 had a fake turbo whistle to it that I couldn't track down. Now it's off the truck that was it.

Back