What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Pacman9270, I posted the pics to the forum media album after upgrading to Elite. I see them fine. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pacman9270, tried uploading directly to post:

IMG_0923.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0948.JPG

Pacman9270, I posted the pics to the forum media album after upgrading to Elite. I see them fine. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
It must have been me. I couldn't see the pics on my phone, but I can see then on my laptop. Thanks for sharing, Ted!

NP Pacman. Thanks for letting me know. Didn't want to be posting "garbage."

It must have been me. I couldn't see the pics on my phone, but I can see then on my laptop. Thanks for sharing, Ted!
It wasn't just you. His first post included only links for me as well and, when clicking on said links, I was greeted with a 'not allowed to view this' message.

I have no idea what happened, but sharing them to the post must have done the trick because I see them fine now. :)

Looking good, Ted. ;-)

Oh, ok. I must agree. Ted, your Platinum looks great.

I'll post the new tires soon as I get them installed. My rationale is that I know the Hancooks won't last the entire lease, and to be honest, they kind of stink in the little snow we've had so far. So, I'm planning on upgrading to Pirelli Scorpian Verde All Season+. They're environmentally friendly (not that I'm a tree hugger, but friendly is good), they're lighter, which translates into 1-2 mpg better, and they have a 65k mile treadlife, which I assume means I'll get close to 40k out of them which is most of my lease. I'll put the OEM tires back on turn the car in. My feeling is, if I've got to put tires on before the end of the lease, why put them on toward the back half. Might as well get the use out of the tires I want. I also recently ordered a plaque like the starter of this thread that says "3.5L Twin Turbo". I usually am not into that, but the engine in this truck just rocks so much I want to announce it to the world!!

Oh, ok. I must agree. Ted, your Platinum looks great.
Thanks. Appreciate the complement. Like this group a lot so far. Can't say enough about the truck. I never considered myself a "Ford Guy", however, I really think this is the nicest truck I've owned, and I've owned some nice "iron", like VW Touaregs and Audis.

Who you calling "gargage"?! :p
Nice ride... love mine.
No. I meant that posting dead links was posting "garbage" meaning dead links aren't useful.

I agree. Looks amazing clean

Ken, get this I between washed. EXCELLENT. Recommended by my detailed. He uses it on his own Mustang in between washes. Excellent taking off dust and lite dirt.
IMG_0840.JPG
Its ironic because my family lives in Chicago, So im there semi frequently!

Peterk9, FYI, I have the Weather Tech for all three rows. They fit and look great.
I use the Husky liners because the fronts cover a little more area including that area right up to the door sill. For some reason WeatherTech won't do the same. Thanks.

I added LED's inside & out but have no idea how to post pics from my phone
You can post directly from your computer and your phone (I guess) if you take out a $20 Elite membership and it will also get ride of the pop-ups. Otherwise you have to use a 3rd party site like Photobucket to link to. Only pictures posted using the "Upload a File" program are saved to the Forum's servers and you have to have the Elite membership to use that.

Peter

I use the Husky liners because the fronts cover a little more area including that area right up to the door sill. For some reason WeatherTech won't do the same. Thanks.
I checked out the husky liners. Nice. May have to give them a try at some point. Like the liner for behind the third row.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just put in the Huskys this week and am really pleased with them. They fit and look great, plus I dont have to worry about a little dirt or grass on my shoes.

Back