the John Rock run 2011 (Truckhaven opening season run) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

the John Rock run 2011 (Truckhaven opening season run)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
This is our normal first run of the season for us, that we do every year. However in the light of John (Johnstone) Rocks death, renamed now in his honor.

Truckhaven was John's first place he ever attend a event for the forum, all the way from Texas. Sadly....nearly 10 years later, it was his last run too. So it was only fitting the run was renamed (or in this case officially named, as it has had many names in the past:rolleyes: ).

When:October 22-23rd 2011

Where: Salton Sea , California

More details to come;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

subscribing

How much crawling do you guys do? I should have the merc done by then but I don't know how tested it will be. I 've been to truck haven once and most of it was fine, but not a fan of the trails that need a spotter. I would like to go though.

How much crawling do you guys do? I should have the merc done by then but I don't know how tested it will be. I 've been to truck haven once and most of it was fine, but not a fan of the trails that need a spotter. I would like to go though.

Depends on who and how many show up. What is great is if something to hard for you you can just go around and meet up with the group a few hundred feet later. If the group is big enough we spilt in to multiple groups and you can choose which group you want to go with depending on what they plan on doing.

:p:Everyone knows you have to walk before you can crawl.:p:

I had a 68 bronco that i crawled with a little. The merc is 4wd with a 90% locker in the rear and a tru-trac upfront. So I can probably get around if I had to just don't prefer rockcrawling especially since its a prerunner. I'll be down depending on the build being done of course. sounds like fun.

I sure hope I have 4wd in my ST by then. I really want to attend this event.

Only 3 months until this run. Time to start working on this years modifications so you can be done a couple days before the Run..

btw. I'm in...

~Mark

I sure hope I have 4wd in my ST by then. I really want to attend this event.

I hope you do too, but it's still fun in 2WD if you don't get the axles by then.

I'll hopefully be able to make it to this, maybe with a few other trucks too.

..It's been like 4 years now...

..I don't believe you or Section will ever make it back out to TH...:p:

Well last year we were in the middle of linking it so alot came up. This year all that is already done, as long as i dont break anything major it should be good to go. Gotta love offroad vehicles dont you?? haha.

..just bustin' your chops..:D

..I know you'll be out before Section makes it back down...:shifty_ey

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back