MAF to Throttle Body Intake Tube First Generation Explorer - Build Your Own | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MAF to Throttle Body Intake Tube First Generation Explorer - Build Your Own

what did you do with the oil line that goes into the intake i have like a oil vacuumm line that goes into oil tube on mine?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

we dont got pics anymore on the original post

I dont understand the point of this mod,nobody said they can even feel a difference,wouldnt putting a larger maf housing make it read that air is goin slower because the pressure isnt as high as if it was goin through a smaller passage way,you would probably get better gas mileage but less power

what did you do with the oil line that goes into the intake i have like a oil vacuumm line that goes into oil tube on mine?

:salute:You can put a small filter at the end of this line

look at :biggthump
2hcdphg.jpg

:exp:

Please

:salute: Hello everyone

I Read the thread. and I think I understand.

Told me please if you are ok with me
To get maximum Benefit.
Stock camoin line Must Be Replaced For An aluminum "this is the best."
Then replace The Stock CGR. by CGR by 5.0 Mustang?????

Then Follow the thread of Mister Spdrcer34

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185223&highlight=Throttle+Body.

Can you tell me if all this is good, and If There Really a Benefit for The Truck engine and for engine power.

thank you very much if you want to continue the discussion on this topic

you agree with me

:scratch: Could you give me assistance on the issue of the above, please

Thank's for assistance

Okay I get the whole 5.0 MAF housing swap. What is the year range for said 5.0 MAF housing? I plan on going to the junkyard this weekend to find one, I just want to get the right year housing.

Thank you for your reply
Mr cribb
I'm sorry, but I do not quite understand your question
:scratch:

Thank you for your reply
Mr cribb
I'm sorry, but I do not quite understand your question
:scratch:

I was asking what years of MAF's from the 5.0 motor? Is it mustangs 89-95 or only v8 explorers? Or both?

I was going to go parts hunting this weekend (or junkyard shopping as I call it) and if I happened to come accross a 5.0 MAF sensor I wanted to get the right year.

I was asking what years of MAF's from the 5.0 motor? Is it mustangs 89-95 or only v8 explorers? Or both?

I was going to go parts hunting this weekend (or junkyard shopping as I call it) and if I happened to come accross a 5.0 MAF sensor I wanted to get the right year.

:confused:HA? Ok
Neither one nor the other is a 4.0 L v6 OF 25/08/1994

You can use both or the 4.6L one which is what I used

:salute: Hello everyone,

Here is a picture of my air filter assembly kit KKM AND IFAB the new system, 66mm BBK Performance 1580 is also in place

5knf9t.jpg

Hi guys, i need one help,

I need the sequence of colors of cables to the maf conector of my 94 Ford Explorer

Somebody knows the correct sequence?

tks!
Bruno

I'll run out on break and see for you. What happened?

I did buy one new explorer and on this car the last owner tried adapt one maf sensor of other ford car, because dont found the original maf of explorer.. Terrible!!!

This guy cut the connector and adapted the maf of ford fiesta, sure does not worked....

i did buy the correct and original connector of maf to explorer 94 but i dont know the correct pin sequence of cables to install...

tks for your help... appreciate it !

From airbox in: red, black, yellow/blue, blue/red

I took some pics so I'll load em in a few.

Here's some pics, it was hard to tell the colors at first, being that the wires were kind of dirty.

I hope that this helps some, but just so that you are aware, mine is a 1993, not a 1994. If you need me to, I can track the wires to where ever they may go.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back