How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
People in Russia already activating navigation using modified ELM327, Forscan with extended licence and an xls file to generate link for navigation licence download from ford database. Works perfectly. F150 users can add climate soft buttons to MFT screen as well. Rear view camera can be enabled as well. Good job Forscan!
Xda-developer thread? Those were mostly Americans that figured that out.

Only Russians threads I've seen they are changing the vin number and doing it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes I know that, I mean Russians are quick on everything for free.
Credits go to 4pda and f150 forum

BTW, one of the Russians claims he found exploit to run third-party applications on MFT, like claims he can now run Navitel. Little info is available at the moment. He is not going to share his findings with everyone, but to sell it...

Is anyone here using FORScan to access their Explorer modules? Looking for module data for an Explorer sport w/401a package with auto folding/unfolding side mirrors setting enabled to try the setting out on my 2016 F-150.

Is anyone here using FORScan to access their Explorer modules? Looking for module data for an Explorer sport w/401a package with auto folding/unfolding side mirrors setting enabled to try the setting out on my 2016 F-150.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your thread has been merged with this existing one.

Peter

Was reading back a few pages about people asking about disabling double honk and it's in the newest beta Forscan PID but manually is 726-41-02 0000 0001 0172 for disabled. At least that has worked for us in the F150 forums for 2015/16's; not sure about Explorers.

It would be interesting for me, too
If it´s possible on a 2013 Explorer :)

Was reading back a few pages about people asking about disabling double honk and it's in the newest beta Forscan PID but manually is 726-41-02 0000 0001 0172 for disabled. At least that has worked for us in the F150 forums for 2015/16's; not sure about Explorers.
jmro61 has been able to do it on the 2016 Explorer. See his post http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/horn-beeps-on-exit.376063/page-8#post-3492563 for a link to his site. There is a thread on this annoying feature for those that haven't seen it; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/horn-beeps-on-exit.376063/

Peter

There is a thread on this annoying feature; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/horn-beeps-on-exit.376063/ and in post 179 jmr061 has provided a link to his site where he has had success in disabling the feature on the 2016 Explorer but not yet on others.

Peter

Has anyone found a module for the cooled seats? I am looking into adding them to my 2014 limited that didn't come with them. Just trying to get all the info before I decide but the >100 temps around me really have me wanting to do this.

Has anyone found a module for the cooled seats? I am looking into adding them to my 2014 limited that didn't come with them. Just trying to get all the info before I decide but the >100 temps around me really have me wanting to do this.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Although I'm not positive, I'd be very surprised if cooled seats can be added if they weren't factory installed. You would need the controls for them that are part of the MFT as well as the blower fans in the seats plus wiring and the associated seat filters.

Peter

Yeah I assume you would have to buy (or find at PnP) an entire seat replacement to get the hardware, but that doesn't mean the software would be ready. I assume, like other things I've seen on here, the wiring under the seat might be there and the software functionality might be there and just needs to be "unlocked".

I figure it would be easier on the production floor to use the same wiring harness for all options and when the seat is installed it only taps the pins it needs to operate the options it has. If that's true then the software, to allow for the buttons to show on the MFT/SYNC screen, should only be a code away from being unlocked. like "dark car" or "global open".

I could be leaning on more hope than logic of course

Is your leather perforated? If not it doesn't have cooled seats.

No. I realize that it doesn't have them currently. I am figuring out how t add them, if possible, assuming I can get a hold of a set of seats (hardware).

Anyone know what needs changed in the IPC for a 14 Limited to show navigation instead of compass?

Anyone know what needs changed in the IPC for a 14 Limited to show navigation instead of compass?
720-01-01 bit 14, so that should be 4th HEX value incremented by 2.

Do you have everything else changed? APIM ABD, software loaded, navigation license installed?

Maybe we can accelerate the process.

CodeWest (if you are still subscribed),

You got Forscan? Can you read your Body control module and post the hex values (AS BUILT DATA)? Since you got a 2011 can you confirm if you have ever had the double honk when leaving the car while running?

Looks like this (but goes down to like 726-68-1):

BCM%20ABF%201.png
@sheltonfilms, i want to read my four tires psi as well, but i dont know from the table you have posted which tire reading which. thanks

p.s.: i change my tire to 265/50/20 from the stock 18" can i change it using forscan so i have the right speed reading? if so kindly advise

@sheltonfilms, i want to read my four tires psi as well, but i dont know from the table you have posted which tire reading which. thanks

p.s.: i change my tire to 265/50/20 from the stock 18" can i change it using forscan so i have the right speed reading? if so kindly advise

That table is in the programming section. You want to go into the oscilloscope section and read the TPMS values from the body control unit. There will be 6 tpms sensor ids, system allows for dual tires in the rear. So only 4 ids will show a tire pressure.

As far as changing tire size, it should be possible, but you need to know which control unit to change them in. I would assume that the Body control unit is the main one to change but other control units have the size programmed as well. The power steering unit is one, but one member had an issue changes his tire size. Maybe it was a simple conflict with the body control unit having a different size.

@jmr061 Do you know about changing tire size and which modules you have to change the configuration?

That table is in the programming section. You want to go into the oscilloscope section and read the TPMS values from the body control unit. There will be 6 tpms sensor ids, system allows for dual tires in the rear. So only 4 ids will show a tire pressure.

As far as changing tire size, it should be possible, but you need to know which control unit to change them in. I would assume that the Body control unit is the main one to change but other control units have the size programmed as well. The power steering unit is one, but one member had an issue changes his tire size. Maybe it was a simple conflict with the body control unit having a different size.

@jmr061 Do you know about changing tire size and which modules you have to change the configuration?
Will this help? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/2016-tire-sizes-in-ids-warning.437052/

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tire Size was generally ABS and BCM. Its unknown if there is actually anything contained in the PCM.

Back