Torque Monster headers making comeback ??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torque Monster headers making comeback ???

98 MERC

Reaction score
City, State
Holland Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer 5.0
So i looked at the profile page of that Robert Pasquale aka ( rcpasq ) And he says that they will be taking orders later this year and he is back in the game again.I guess he took some time off ? I was very excited to read that news.I guess all is not lost and we all will be able to order again later this year ! Looks like maybe November will be the new order date.Looks like a new address Etc.Check out his page and take a look.He seems like a nice older guy.

Let me know your thoughts.I know lots of people are in need and OBX explorer headers have vanished.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would be nice, I've got that tick sound and its so annoying, plus be nice opening it up after the lift and tires. But if its anything like before where the group buys and actually getting them..... took so long, that would suck. I wouldn't want to order in Nov and not receive till next summer lol.

Would be nice, I've got that tick sound and its so annoying, plus be nice opening it up after the lift and tires. But if its anything like before where the group buys and actually getting them..... took so long, that would suck. I wouldn't want to order in Nov and not receive till next summer lol.

I hear ya.We will see if he stands behind his word.

dont-call-it-a-come-backV2.jpg

.....before you have a set in your hands.

:D

My advice to you Bob: First build them, then take orders. No Bullshit.

I think a group buy is in order, do I have a second?!
then he will get a idea of the current demand

I'd take a set.

I'd take a set but even with a group buy I can't swing the expense.

It would be nice to get enough people buying and get the price down to 500$.I hate how expensive they are when you consider that these trucks like to sell for only 2K used.So 800$ for a set is just ludicrous.The fact you only get 20 HP gain is even more reason not to get em.But i need new manifolds and i don't want manifold's.I want headers.

You could say it gets 20+ mpg, thus increasing the resale value instead of extra hp as a convincing factor to purchase a set or resale.

Can't see it taking much longer than 12 months for them to pay off and pay back with the mpg factor.

You could say it gets 20+ mpg, thus increasing the resale value instead of extra hp as a convincing factor to purchase a set or resale.

Can't see it taking much longer than 12 months for them to pay off and pay back with the mpg factor.
I'm averaging 14.5 per the stock computer. Haven't done real tracking

I am in... if this is for real number one, number two, if they get done in a timely fashion.

Has anyone considered reaching out to OBX as a group and inquire if they would be willing to make us a set?

At least this way, we would know how many sets we would need, design is good and we get it when we want it.

Thoughts...

Has anyone considered reaching out to OBX as a group and inquire if they would be willing to make us a set?

At least this way, we would know how many sets we would need, design is good and we get it when we want it.

Thoughts...
Obx has already copied the tmh design. They suck

Obx has already copied the tmh design. They suck
Obx sucks, or the headers suck? If the headers suck wouldn't that mean TM suck lol

Obx sucks, or the headers suck? If the headers suck wouldn't that mean TM suck lol
Both.

The steel is thin and cheap. Fitment is poor.

They're a copy but just like when you copy something it isn't a perfect copy.

So does anybody have a guess when this could possibly happen?

I don't think neither brand should be excluded as a possible option going forward if we are here dying for an option, anything but stock.

Has anyone ever considered modifying a set of JBA's or any other brand so that they would fit in the 5.0 in an Explorer? Is so, what modifications are needed?

Both.

The steel is thin and cheap. Fitment is poor.

They're a copy but just like when you copy something it isn't a perfect copy.

Doesnt matter, they are a copy of a known good design and they deliver the same performance as the TM headers at a significant reduction in cost. These trucks are between 15-20 years old, im not really concerned about getting top quality headers for a ~$1500 truck.

If it functions correctly, thats all that matters and the OBX deliver on that front. I did not get the feeling that the steel was thin or cheap when I received mine.

If you have a show quality truck you might opt for the TM's, that is, if you can find them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Doesnt matter, they are a copy of a known good design and they deliver the same performance as the TM headers at a significant reduction in cost. These trucks are between 15-20 years old, im not really concerned about getting top quality headers for a ~$1500 truck.

If it functions correctly, thats all that matters and the OBX deliver on that front. I did not get the feeling that the steel was thin or cheap when I received mine.

If you have a show quality truck you might opt for the TM's, that is, if you can find them.
That's fine. You can fight with non fitting headers to get them in there and replace them next year when they crack

Back