Missing Part? - Strut Tower Insulator | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Missing Part? - Strut Tower Insulator

I asked my dealership about it and they haven't gotten back to me. I plan to follow-up with them early next week. Like others, I initially wondered why the part was needed. After going on fordparts.com and enlarging the 3C078 part schematic (shown in post #10), I noticed a notch on the lower left side of the part (unfortunately, the expansion tank in the post #1 photo hides the notch). I'm now wondering if the notch might shield what appears to be brake lines located at the base of the strut tower. Again, this is all guesswork on my part, but I'm definitely following up on this with my dealer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems like massive decontenting, which is a bad sign since this is a first year release. Ford usually does this on the last year of a particular design.

Seems like massive decontenting, which is a bad sign since this is a first year release. Ford usually does this on the last year of a particular design.

Went to my dealer I told him I was missing, the fuel funnel, tow eye hook, rear underside deflector and shock tower insulator. He has all items on order, soon as they get in come in for install.

Went to my dealer I told him I was missing, the fuel funnel, tow eye hook, rear underside deflector and shock tower insulator. He has all items on order, soon as they get in come in for install.
All on your 2014 Sport??;)

Peter

After this thread I went out and looked. I'm missing this insulation AND the strut bar that goes across...

After this thread I went out and looked. I'm missing this insulation AND the strut bar that goes across...
Pretty sure the XLT does not have the strut bar.

Pretty sure the XLT does not have the strut bar.

that would explain my loss at the autox ;) I mean I see it is easier to get to oil but idk cheap part, maybe I’ll get it later :)

Well .......... There's a picture of my ex-wife on the back of the local milk cartons ........ But, I'm not complaining. ;)

Tons of these “missing” parts are on backorder so my order and installs will be a while :/ and now with covid, even longer

Tons of these “missing” parts are on backorder so my order and installs will be a while :/ and now with covid, even longer

That's why I rushed to get my replacement tire ordered last Saturday, when I discovered a screw in it! My deflector was on backorder until 3/4/20 and I haven't gotten an update from my service manager.

I’ve noticed this part on some video reviews about the ST, and others are missing it.

It’s listed as an “insulator” and covers the drivers side strut tower. I honestly can’t see any purpose to this other than maybe sound absorption.

Engine Compartment Insulator | FordUS

Insulator Part#: 3C078
Usages: LH Only, 05/06/2019, Explorer 2020-

My Nov 19 built ST is missing this part, along with rear air deflector.

View attachment 178197

View attachment 178198
Dealer said the part number is not complete. The parts peeps could not find it using the p/n in your post.

Mike, something was bothering me so I went back and checked that again and it says it fits 1998 - 2002 Lincoln Continentals, even though I had entered 2020 Explorers. So maybe that isn't the part.

Mike, something was bothering me so I went back and checked that again and it says it fits 1998 - 2002 Lincoln Continentals, even though I had entered 2020 Explorers. So maybe that isn't the part.
Hell, I'll just tell them my Explorer is really a Conti in drag ..............
:rofl:

Attachments

• 308B391A-BE5C-4DB2-8A70-9D64DDA3F4E2.jpeg
    308B391A-BE5C-4DB2-8A70-9D64DDA3F4E2.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 124

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back