chop top 1 ton ex. | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

chop top 1 ton ex.

We are very disappointed in you and all agree that a 3 day ban is in order if you don't have a significant update soon. :D :p:

Slo-vo was busy pulling eyelid inspection duty. No ban is needed-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pulling EID

Slo-vo was busy pulling eyelid inspection duty. No ban is needed-

Eyelid inspection duty? :p: Never heard that one. Military term? Too funny and I've got to remember it!

But yeah - sort of having withdrawals from your project. Need my fix, man! :cool:

Eyelid inspection duty? :p: Never heard that one. Military term? Too funny and I've got to remember it!

No but it sure sounds like a military term doesn't it? Maybe that's what these kids do now-a-days when you're trying to give them a class and they're dozing off.... they're pulling EID!!!

I like that! :D

We are very disappointed in you and all agree that a 3 day ban is in order if you don't have a significant update soon. :D :p:

I couldn't work in the heat you've had to deal with lately.

working on it, im just kind of at that point where im still stuck deciding what i want to do on alot of things so i spend more time sitting and looking at it then actually doing anything lol

as for the heat, its been nice this week. mid 80's and a slight breeze which is why i havent got much done this week. been knocking out some house work and the last 2 nights ive been hitting the river in the kayak for some good R&R. ive paddled right at 8 miles in 2 days.

But yeah - sort of having withdrawals from your project. Need my fix, man! :cool:

No but it sure sounds like a military term doesn't it? Maybe that's what these kids do now-a-days when you're trying to give them a class and they're dozing off.... they're pulling EID!!!

I like that! :D

i could have really used that in highschool, it does sound kinda fancy.

im getting tired of waiting on my steel guy to bend up my tubs, not sure what the deal is he usually has my stuff done while im standing there.

since i cant do much out back i headed up front and started on the crossmember for my spring hangers. i couldnt just do a plain ole square tube so i did some playing around with it.

9a8851be.jpg

41b5eb81.jpg

c0e46504.jpg

looks to be about 4-4.5 inch stretch, ill know once i get a positive mark of where the stock centerline was.
c792159e.jpg

looks like to use the expo springs ill be doing some work on the body mount, but since im going to be using solid body mounts it will be pretty easy to fix.
c496341d.jpg

then decided i didnt have enough rom for a winch so i barrowed an idea from bray's new bumper and added the tube to give me enough room to weld a plate in across the top.
0fa5848a.jpg

6f0ed384.jpg

ill be back up at 5am to start again.

:scratch: Ok, you'll add a leaf pack to the front of the truck, if i understand your work

:exp::exp:

:scratch: Ok, you'll add a leaf pack to the front of the truck, if i understand your work
yes, leaf sprung front suspension.

Happy Parts are glad to do their jobs! Looks good!

if you look alittle closer youll see they are flipping you off lol, its kind of the pirate 4x4 salute.

got some good time in today, didnt get as much as i should have done but there's still so many questions on the table still that its hard to do too much.

looking like 4.5 inch stretch.
c55d347d.jpg

ab3c3af1.jpg

2d785293.jpg

92049da4.jpg

425c3442.jpg

71528b17.jpg

82fdf1fc.jpg

1bb6bfdf.jpg

also put in my battery cut off switch and wired it in.
9deabc54.jpg

Ok so the parts are happy to flip you off then haha

did some more cutting on the front tonight, finally decided the stock head lights have to go. so it looks like ill be trying to find me some DOT legal offroad lights though around here they dont care too much.

started playing to see what i liked before i ended just cuting it all out.
e39fceec.jpg

i had jut spent 2 hours yesterday wiring up my battery nice and neat.....just to rip it all back out tonight :annoyed:
0e77f3b9.jpg

d4e00df8.jpg

front fenders will be matching the rears.

The temperature drops a little at your home or still very hot.
Still big work you have done
:thumbsup:

It's been much nicer around the mid 80's

It's been much nicer around the mid 80's

agreed on the much nicer temps.... I'm not sweating to death now at the shop.

I eve had the energy to wash the wife's truck last night :D I can actually see the wheels again for all the brake dust (yep it'd been quite a while).

decided to cut 4 inches out of each side on the front, wont be running but pieces of the factory fenders and no more factory headlights.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

sorry for the ****ty pictures....

oh and im getting tired of buying gloves, this is a 4 day old pair of $15 gloves. does anybody make **** that will last anymore?
Picture009.jpg

should you find gloves of Knight ........Lol !!!!!!:D

- :exp::exp: -

Find yourself a pair of Tillman gloves, they will last you a little longer than that!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm going to have to do something, all I can find locally are the mesh back gloves. First time you fire up a grinder it goes right through.

Guess I'll have to get on the net and order me some

Back