Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon

As she sits now,
017.jpg

019.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

But it didn't start out like this.

We returned from our trip to Colorado Sept 2009 to find this waiting in the yard.

It needs a few little sumthuns--but it is a great start I do think.
Here is where we begin to take over the work started by trukmajik and dejello

94explorer001.jpg

94explorer003.jpg

94explorer002.jpg

94explorer004.jpg

94explorer007.jpg

94explorer006.jpg

94explorer005.jpg

9-11-2009092.jpg

9-11-2009090.jpg

updated pics ^^^^^how it was when I got it

Now here is how it looks as of 4-1-2010

got the wheels all shiny!

truck002.jpg

frostbite001.jpg

truck001.jpg

truck006.jpg

truck005.jpg

truck004.jpg

truck003.jpg

and as of 8-5-2010

IMG_1105.jpg

with swaybar^^^

without sway bar

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

revised shock towers and more flex-Big thanks to Dkchrist for coming over to weld em in. I owe him big time!!

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

With a top

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

LED rock lights

IMG_1925.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That thing looks bad ass. Can't wait to see it gain some powder weight.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

better start cracking away at her, i want to see it at Smorr hitting some level 3-5 trails!

Did it come with the canvas top it had before?

Well, that is in pieces, hopefully enough is left to start a pattern from.

I was told this motor has a blown head gasket-
I spent a few minutes replaceing the battery cable ends, so I can crank it over and check compression.

However, I think I need a new engine. When I finally got the oil drain plug out, coffe tinted water flowed about 1.5 gallons, then swiss mocha came out. While draining, it seems to stop a bit, then a glob of goo comes out and the flow picks back up. The oil level in the drain pan is very high also.

Before I drained it, the dipstick indicated about 3 times over full--lol
Anyone have a spare 94 ohv laying around?

Yes, they are easy to come by I think. You might try the sodium silicate sealing products for the cooling system. It's the same chemical the CF program is using to kill the engines. Don't put it in the oil.

Congrats Jon!
Posted via Mobile Device

I know where a 302 is looking for a home in the near future :)

Did you know the engine had problems before you got it? Seems kinda funny:shifty_ey

I was told up front it had a head gasket issue yes.

U can find those engines all over we actually have one sitting. Buy a whole another rig thats wrecked or has bad tranny, u can pick them up cheap, check KC Craigslist.

I think its normal for the oil to clump up together over a long time if there are any contaminants in the pan. Its probably just me but I'd look into just replacing the head gasket before doing a swap.

congrads jon

Nice ride Jon. I still think 1st gens make the most awesome trail rigs.

Ahem, nothing against you Turdle...it's just...ummm...personal preference. :D

Dude that thing us even more awesome than the pics you sent me last year! That soft roof gives me horribly expensive ideas!

You got dibs on my engine for sure. It ran well until it got pulled but I know your gonna want to build it up.

Trans any good? Err...Well I guess you can't really tell with the engine trashed.

Dude that thing us even more awesome than the pics you sent me last year! That soft roof gives me horribly expensive ideas!

You got dibs on my engine for sure. It ran well until it got pulled but I know your gonna want to build it up.

Trans any good? Err...Well I guess you can't really tell with the engine trashed.

I'm having some thoughts here also--

Seems like I have a perfectly well powered black truck with a poor front suspension, which needs work I might add, to make it right the way it is--

And a white truck with trashed engine, but a great suspension setup.

hmmmm---

Anyone care to guess where I am going with this brainstorm?

Do another 302/4R70W, don't swap between trucks. You know what parts it takes, you can do easily I'm sure.

Do another 302/4R70W, don't swap between trucks. You know what parts it takes, you can do easily I'm sure.

I was leaning the other way--

I'd stay stick with the 4.0L - power and weight isnt whats really needed. We have LO range for torque. You'll break axle shafts easier with a small block.

What I am thinking would involve having a v8 engine without swapping engines-

Like swapping the EB stuff to the Mounty for instance--

Don't hit me, it is a thought--

Make one a really nice street truck and your towing rig. Make the other one the off road toy with the wild tires, suspension, and roll cage.

Skip paint, I just priced some for my red truck yesterday again. Just the supplies make a paint job expensive.

Back