MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Has anyone who asked to receive the latest update from Ford via mail received theirs yet? I'm still waiting.

Peter

Like you, I'm still waiting. Requested mine thru a Ford customer service rep via phone, about three weeks ago.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does somebody knows or is there a settings to disable when i recieve a call the phone get locked automatically when connected to MFT???? Using Galaxy S4.

Thanks in advance...

Yes. Try I-135 in Kansas and I-70 in Kansas and Colorado. All the limits on those two interstates that are 70 and below display correctly. When on the stretches that have 75mph limits the display shows 74. That covers about 500 miles of interstate.

Thanks! I'll try it.

Has anyone who asked to receive the latest update from Ford via mail received theirs yet? I'm still waiting.

Peter

Like you, I'm still waiting. Requested mine thru a Ford customer service rep via phone, about three weeks ago.

There was a slight delay; you should be receiving them shortly.

Does somebody knows or is there a settings to disable when i recieve a call the phone get locked automatically when connected to MFT???? Using Galaxy S4.

Thanks in advance...

I don't understand your question. Are you trying to make it so your phone doesn't receive calls through MFT, or is your phone locking up when you get a call via MFT?

Rebecca

My phone gets locked up when i recieve a call thru MFT and it seems to happen only when i recieve it. If i don't answer it it will not lock.

Thanks in advance...

I don't understand your question. Are you trying to make it so your phone doesn't receive calls through MFT, or is your phone locking up when you get a call via MFT?

Rebecca[/QUOTE]

I am experiencing a couple issues that I was curious to see if others had:
-When I browse my ipod nano or use voice commands to play a song, it plays the wrong song even though she responds back with playing and then names the correct song. When I pick a song directly, it plays a different song. This happens every time.
-The caller name, caller id on the driver's displays only works on incoming calls. On outgoing calls it always says unknown, even though it shows the correct info on the Home screen.

Any advice on these?

Wow

it only took three years but now I can see what song and album are playing on my ipod!;)

My phone gets locked up when i recieve a call thru MFT and it seems to happen only when i recieve it. If i don't answer it it will not lock.

Thanks in advance...

Are you able to talk to the person that called via MFT?

I am experiencing a couple issues that I was curious to see if others had:
-When I browse my ipod nano or use voice commands to play a song, it plays the wrong song even though she responds back with playing and then names the correct song. When I pick a song directly, it plays a different song. This happens every time.
-The caller name, caller id on the driver's displays only works on incoming calls. On outgoing calls it always says unknown, even though it shows the correct info on the Home screen.

Any advice on these?

My first suggestion is a master reset and a reboot of your iPod and phone; here are the instructions:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch

If that doesn't work, please make an appointment with your dealership to have you system looked at.

Rebecca

Yes, i am able to answer the call and also hangup. It's funny because i was making troubleshoting and if i recieve the call thru the phone or hangup thru the phone it doesn't happen... If i recieve it thru MFT it lockup the phone again. This also happens with the messages.] when i recieve them

I will disable the lock function later and do another test...

Rebecca[/QUOTE]

Yes, i am able to answer the call and also hangup. It's funny because i was making troubleshoting and if i recieve the call thru the phone or hangup thru the phone it doesn't happen... If i recieve it thru MFT it lockup the phone again. This also happens with the messages.] when i recieve them

I will disable the lock function later and do another test...

Okay; let me know how it goes.

Rebecca

Rebecca... I made the test and if the phone doesn't have the lock feature activated it works well. Seems to be some kind of interpretation between MFT and the lock feature in the phone...

Just in case you can get some information with the Technical people i am using 4.2.2 in the S4.

Thanks in advance...

Okay; let me know how it goes.

Rebecca

Do you have a specific road that it's showing 74 mph? I'll see if I can duplicate it on our system.

Rebecca

We had to laugh at that too when we noticed that on I-49 south of Shreveport on my rv trip down to Fairview Riverside state park...

And while I'm stating it... when we get a text message it only gives me 1 or 2 seconds to recognize it and respond to click the screen to read it...

can I do that from the steering wheel controls ?

Rebecca... I made the test and if the phone doesn't have the lock feature activated it works well. Seems to be some kind of interpretation between MFT and the lock feature in the phone...

Just in case you can get some information with the Technical people i am using 4.2.2 in the S4.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks! I'll see what my support has to say. :)

We had to laugh at that too when we noticed that on I-49 south of Shreveport on my rv trip down to Fairview Riverside state park...

And while I'm stating it... when we get a text message it only gives me 1 or 2 seconds to recognize it and respond to click the screen to read it...

can I do that from the steering wheel controls ?

Not that I know of; you can use voice commands for it: "Read Text Message" or "Messages."

Rebecca

my "voice" button on my steering wheel stopped working right.

For some reason it only works part of the time. Makes it so I can't make calls or use voice commands. I would say it works less than half the time now.

never had this problem before the update

anyone else have this issue?

Not that I know of; you can use voice commands for it: "Read Text Message" or "Messages."

Rebecca

I think this is a new "feature" of MFT 3.6, on all prior versions, at least for me with my dumb LG Vx5600 phone, when I received a text message the notification would stay active until I selected listen or ignore. Rebecca, is this change in behavior what is expected? What is MFT suppose to do when we receive a text message?

For some reason it only works part of the time. Makes it so I can't make calls or use voice commands. I would say it works less than half the time now.

Yes, I have had this same issue since updating to 3.6.2. The only way I was able to get the voice control back was doing a master reset. I find I can usually duplicate the error when I select the "advanced" voice control in the settings menu. If I leave the voice settings to novice, it seems to work okay. Never had this issue prior to 3.6.2.

Yes, I have had this same issue since updating to 3.6.2. The only way I was able to get the voice control back was doing a master reset. I find I can usually duplicate the error when I select the "advanced" voice control in the settings menu. If I leave the voice settings to novice, it seems to work okay. Never had this issue prior to 3.6.2.

I am also experiencing this issue. When I first updated to 3.6.2 a week ago I had issues with my phone disconnecting, services/directions not being able to complete direction downloads, and the voice control failing to respond. I was using a 3 year old flip phone and figured maybe it was obsolete with 3.6.2. So I got a Windows 8 smart phone yesterday and most of the problems seem corrected but the voice control still fails every so often. I just tried another reset and a reverse pairing. I'll see how it goes now. Would anyone know any resolution for this issue or is this new with 3.6.2. In 2 years of ownership I have had no issues with MFT until this update.

I think this is a new "feature" of MFT 3.6, on all prior versions, at least for me with my dumb LG Vx5600 phone, when I received a text message the notification would stay active until I selected listen or ignore. Rebecca, is this change in behavior what is expected? What is MFT suppose to do when we receive a text message?

Per my support, this is the expected behavior now.

I am also experiencing this issue. When I first updated to 3.6.2 a week ago I had issues with my phone disconnecting, services/directions not being able to complete direction downloads, and the voice control failing to respond. I was using a 3 year old flip phone and figured maybe it was obsolete with 3.6.2. So I got a Windows 8 smart phone yesterday and most of the problems seem corrected but the voice control still fails every so often. I just tried another reset and a reverse pairing. I'll see how it goes now. Would anyone know any resolution for this issue or is this new with 3.6.2. In 2 years of ownership I have had no issues with MFT until this update.

I have reported this to my support; do all of you have MFT in Advanced mode?

Rebecca

No Rebecca-I'm in novice mode. I did a reset and reverse pairing per your PM advice. So far since Friday night seems to be working-voice control has not failed. Smart phone seems to have corrected the other issues. Will keep you posted. Please let me know if there are updates to these issues. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have reported this to my support; do all of you have MFT in Advanced mode?
Rebecca

Hi Rebecca, I have now left MFT in novice mode and it seems to be working better now. I would say it's been 3 days so far without losing voice command control. However, I have tested this a bit last week and as soon as I tried to change the setting to advanced mode, I would immediately lose the voice command control.

Back