SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad your tires will do fine here its way different muddy than our farm, this level 2 at Smorr caused greg and I an extra 2hours easy of trying to get both stuck vehicles out, stuck on a side sloped hill sliding downhill kinda scary..

LAXMAN- Pretty far drive 15hrs, im sure u could BS and catch some rides with other peoplem, but wouldnt take a completely stock off the main road if driven so far to come there. Ill take you for an RZR ride if you come.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just looked over my finances, dont think i can this year, saving for a place in september. but hopefully next summer i wont make a bad decesion (dui :() and can throw a lift and some tires on it. I really want to convert it to a manual just dont think i can find the parts in my area...

Gonna pull out the camping gear tonight and check it all out. Truck/tranny will be fixed Thursday, and my spare wheel should be delivered on Thursday.. Nothing like last minute..

Yea last minute is my truck still hasnt drove out of the garage, i do have next 2 days off to get it ready, but im running into a problem with fuel line leaking at the inline filter on frame, on front side toward engine, tried the b2 filter first thought that was problem so then a 97 explorer filter still leaks, figured my connection is messed up and will need new line peice anyway and have new filter, so took it all the way out and dried and cleaned jb welded fitting area to filter, let dry for 2 days with couple coats tried tonight still leaks, as long as i can get that fixed i should be OK, rest is coming together nicely, may not have reverse lights or cb yet but im working hard on it.

Sweet just remembered my brother inlaw is parting out 97 v8, and called him he will bring me a new line tommorow morning, O cross my fingers that it fix's it!

Had to work a 13 hr shift today and didn't get a thing accomplished for this weekend :(

I will be taking off early the next 2 days to finish getting ready :)

I for one am very proud of you guys working so hard and actually making your trip happen. Were going to have a great time regardless of weather, attendance, & no band entertaining us.

well as Gregg has already told me i suck and im married to my job :thumbdwn: . We are to busy for me or anyone else to take a vacation or any amount of time off boss man is going through some stuff so im trying to do his job and mine while he is gone. Gregg as always it looks like u have planned an awsome trip u never disappoint. Hope everyone has a fun and has safe travels

well as Gregg has already told me i suck and im married to my job :thumbdwn: . We are to busy for me or anyone else to take a vacation or any amount of time off boss man is going through some stuff so im trying to do his job and mine while he is gone. Gregg as always it looks like u have planned an awsome trip u never disappoint. Hope everyone has a fun and has safe travels

We will have a toast to you as we sit around a bonfire laughing the night away!:p:

Seriously, You gotta find a way to get away for one of these meets. It will do you good to get away and do some bonding with all of us. Friends will be always there for you, Jobs wont be. Hope you can figure out a way to make that happen. ;)

Well I have officially drove my new offroader took for very breif trip up the subdivision road and back, only short cause 1st on my list is radiator needs changed since fins have a leak.
So my to do list,
Fix radiator
tidy up alotta wiring
wire up and mount ARB compressor for front locker
solid mount remote oil filter
solid mount transmission cooler
new rear upper spring hanger bolts
Wire up aftermarket temp gauge as appears mine does not work
CDplayer added
reverse lights
extra front headlights-Maybe
c/b
build small temporay tray on back to hold, cooler and toolbox
add support to lower core support

---then good shake down tommorow afternoon on our trails--

-was only thowing 6codes but ran real good and wanted to spin tires off when I gassed it.
PO340,
PO1401
P1409
then all 3 again showing PD at the end?? havent looked yet
I have few wires still unhooked so, will see. :)

Edit, looks like 2 are EGR related, which mine was deleted before i got engine o well
3rd is Camshaft sensor? hmm
not sure what the PD after same codes ment, anyone have any idea??

Yippee 10 miles on new build, still long day of little stuff tommorow.

*****But it should be SMORR bound************

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

All packed up and ready to go once work is over tomorrow, well at least to Branson for the night and mess around there on Friday during the day. Its finally hear only a few days away till some awesome wheeling.

All packed up and ready to go once work is over tomorrow, well at least to Branson for the night and mess around there on Friday during the day. Its finally hear only a few days away till some awesome wheeling.

Stop by on the way down if it isn't out of your way.

Looks like the weather is clearing up for us for Sat/Sun! Woot!

I am needing a ride back home (30 mins) to get the 95 out there if anyone can find it in them to give me a lift on Friday. My extra driver can't make it out for this, leaving me in a bit of a last minute spot.

I have a CB, antenna, mounting bracket, and coax I am going to bring. As well as my SWR meter, so if someone doesn't have a CB, they can borrow it for the weekend. So no horn honking, yelling out the windows, and getting out to talk every 2 minutes, lol.

Whoever uses it will just have to supply/borrow/steal some wire to run to the battery or wherever power it.

I may need to use it. I have a Cobra 29 LTD Classic somewhere around this place and for some odd reason it disappeared. So I have been looking for it all week. I have'nt decided if I want to take the exploder wheelin yet, being that its stock and I have not had time to do much with it besides take the running boards off, cover the holes and normal maintenance due to work schedule. So I may not need it. (P.S. I did get the OK from the wife that I could do what I want to the ex, whoo hoo! Buying her a car helped. LOL.. Money and time seems to be giving me trouble tho)

I will bring my chainsaw and a BBQ pit. The saw could use a chain&bar but I think it will hold up. I live probably an hour away from seymour, google says 1 hour 53 mins, but I'm sure I can get there quicker than that, I think.
I will also be bringing my boys they are 6 and 8 yrs old. It sounds like it will be a great time.

GMAN- If you can't find a ride I can give you a ride back.

RiverRatttech,
Thanks for the ride offer, I might need it. Not sure yet, as I am awaiting a phone call.

Thanks for the band offer as well. I have a ton of bands to choose from here, it was just too short of notice to get a replacement this year. This band was just a great one to have as they could deviate from the song list and take requests, up until they lost their lead guitarist. You never know though, your Cousin might be the headliner next year! :)

Since the other person can't make it this weekend with me, I have half of my powered R/V site available. I would like to split it with someone.

Anybody want power to your tent to run fans and lights? Let me know, only $10/night!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back