03 X Stereo build Pics | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 X Stereo build Pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wheb in doubt... just kidding with you! My little brother went to school @ stout a few years back. ;)

[threadhijack]
How did he like Stout? Whats he doing now?[/threadhijack]

wow man, that is some crazy work,
those wires on that one pic just hanging out the car-scares me

cant even imagine how it sounds

how much did they charge for the 200 amp alt? i want to get one for my ex and i am looking for the best one i can get for the best price.

also, i am kinda stealing your idea of painting the woodgrain on the interior. my ex is the same color as yours and the painted interior looks amazing. sorry to take the idea from you, but it just looks too good.
I think I paid 460 for the alt. It expensive I know but I bought it from a reputable company that wouldn't give me any $hit if i had any problems with it.

I was a professional installer for a number of years; also tore apart a number of cars down to the bare to build a big system and hit some shows. I gotta say, you did a GREAT job! I'm really impressed you had the patience to take so many photos as you went! Say, why did you decide to go with the JL marine amp? I'm planning a system for my explorer this year (nothing like yours) but am looking for a really good SQ amp to run a pari of Eclipse 8062's up front. Again, rock solid job!!!!!!!
I went with the JL marine amp because I found it cheaper than the regular version, and it would be hidden underneath the the side panel anyways.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, yes it was allot of time consuming, very detailed work to make it look good.
I want to redo the sub box a little smaller, and round the corners and prot
also put in a plexiglass window w/neons to see the 406 ounce magnets and paint the inside white.
it will probably take me a month or more to do so with my limited time on the weekends and how detailed and much better I want to make the next box.

[threadhijack]
How did he like Stout? Whats he doing now?[/threadhijack]

He was in a big frat there, graduated, then went to mpls "culinary" school to be a chef... he's a chef out in Aspen now... he bought a cherokee... I'm trying to get him to sell it, get an explorer and join this forum :D

Friggin awesome! Would you care to tell us how much $$ you have invested.

My guess is that it'll sound a little better than my 8" ED sub. From the next town!!! LOL!!

Friggin awesome! Would you care to tell us how much $$ you have invested.

My guess is that it'll sound a little better than my 8" ED sub. From the next town!!! LOL!!
I'm located in PA

I hate when people ask me how much I invested because it makes me think of how much I spent and it's way too much and I'm kicking myself now because it could have went towards a house. I went into the project estimating I would spend around $9000 well I went over that by more than a little :mad: :(

I wish now I never sold my beamer, the only reason I did was I didn't have enough room for a rediculous loud stereo system.
Heres some pics of my 02 330CI 5 speed Manual
PICT2518.jpg

PICT2821.jpg

PICT2822.jpg

PICT2880.jpg

PICT1380.jpg

amazing work you do in deed, where did you learn how to do all this work?

amazing work you do in deed, where did you learn how to do all this work?

Thanks, I taught myself and learned over the past 6 years I been doing it. I did do installs at bestbuy for 6 months but they didn't show me anything I didn't allready know.

No offense to you or other Bestbuy workers, but they don't really seem that good at installs. At least around here, they are just basically regular people that have no special knowledge.

That is one awesome install.

I installed my own stereo in every car that i owned just cause they charge a lot just to pop int a deck with a few crimp connectors. i never installed a big system just you know a simple system with an amp for the speakers and an amp to run my subs. Nothing major but still learned by doing it myself.

I have to say that looks very nice. The attention to detail that you did looks great. You dont see too many people putting that much time into the "cover" work like the wiring.

The only thing that really stuck out to me that I would have done differently is to either wrap the door pods in vynal or paint them. They look great though I am just a big fan of the carpet.

Looks Great.

O H M Y G O D
:salute: Respect, dude! And thanks for documenting everything on top of the hard work.

First of all before i say anything, you did a very thorough and clean install :thumbsup: i havent been able to appreciate somehting like that in a while! I liked your indash fabrication and adding the crossover real nice touch and also very handy.

Few questions i have for ya though, well 1 im running 2 Treo 12"SSX in a 7 cu box tuned to 39hz...ive got 4 crossfire bmf1000d's strapped to them and my tailgate is destroyed(a lot of little things all over my car have been flexed way to much and now rattle and ughh) how has yours held up lol:D ...but my question is 10 cu ft box in my oppinion is personally to big when not porting to like 49 hz and only burping not a daily driver....also how is your amp situation, i felt you enclosed them to much and even though u have fans they would not beable to circulate the air enough to keep the amps cool? i wanted to make a semi enclosed amp rack like yours but my amps would overheat real fast no matter the fans being there! but if your amps stayed cool kudos!

No offense to you or other Bestbuy workers, but they don't really seem that good at installs. At least around here, they are just basically regular people that have no special knowledge.

There not, most ofthe people working there are ameatures, you cant really expect them to be really good based on the ****ty salary that bestbuy pays them.

I have to say that looks very nice. The attention to detail that you did looks great. You dont see too many people putting that much time into the "cover" work like the wiring.

The only thing that really stuck out to me that I would have done differently is to either wrap the door pods in vynal or paint them. They look great though I am just a big fan of the carpet.

Looks Great.

Me neither, just didnt want to spend any more money or time on the install, carpet was cheap and easy, this summer i will be redoing it and all the beige inserts I will be changing to black.

First of all before i say anything, you did a very thorough and clean install :thumbsup: i havent been able to appreciate somehting like that in a while! I liked your indash fabrication and adding the crossover real nice touch and also very handy.

Few questions i have for ya though, well 1 im running 2 Treo 12"SSX in a 7 cu box tuned to 39hz...ive got 4 crossfire bmf1000d's strapped to them and my tailgate is destroyed(a lot of little things all over my car have been flexed way to much and now rattle and ughh) how has yours held up lol:D ...but my question is 10 cu ft box in my oppinion is personally to big when not porting to like 49 hz and only burping not a daily driver....also how is your amp situation, i felt you enclosed them to much and even though u have fans they would not beable to circulate the air enough to keep the amps cool? i wanted to make a semi enclosed amp rack like yours but my amps would overheat real fast no matter the fans being there! but if your amps stayed cool kudos!

My car is holding up ok so far. the back glass hatch hinge bolt broke a couple of months ago but thats about it. I think all the dynamat helps out allot.
It is kinda big box, I will me making a new one this summer that will be 8c/f tuned to 37 htz. The amps get about 15 degrees hotter than the air in the car. so if its 65 in the car the amps are sitting at 80 when the subs are playing to there maximum capacity. They stay this cold because of 3 reasons. 1st is having adequate battery reserver so the voltage doesnt dip too low. My voltage doesnt ever go below 12v when i have the subs playing to there maximum capacity. 2nd thing is to get amps that are bigger than what your subs can handle so you dont have to use the full output of the amp. I probobaly only use 1/2 to 3/4 of the amps full potential. 3rd is using the correct ohms on the amp.

...nice rack!

Man, I love to see a great rack! Fantastic job, sir! Here's another rack that is close - with carpet. :)

1235.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, SilverSPL, nice setup ... more then I would do, but it looks great.

What headunit did you use for that install? Is that a 2-DIN, and if so, does it fit into the stock headunit location without modification to the bezel?

EDIT: I see the picture of the custom housing for the HVAC unit with an audio panel, but where did you end up putting that stuff? I can't find a picture of the housing installed.

Back