03 X Stereo build Pics | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 X Stereo build Pics

Where are the updates??? oh ma gaaaawwwdd that is nicceee:salute: respect dude. Just curious how long did it take for you to learn all this from scratch? I'm 21 and I love to do jobs like this, I'm just wondering if it's possible. You sir are an inspiration.:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Utterly Astonishing My Good Man!

Sir, compared to you Dr. Frankenstein lacked imagination, initiative, style, and execution.

Whereas he created a monstrous amalgamation of human anatomy, you have genetically engineered a composite of Jane Seymour, Gates McFadden, and Kate Beckinsale.

You would be well advised to begin practicing your courtly bows for when you accept the Nobel Prize from King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden.

Your craft is better suited to a canvas such as this:
http://www.bentleymotors.com/models/continental_series/continental_gt/introduction/default.aspx?cpflgs=0111
Their photographs do not begin to do them justice.

You, and select artisans and scientists before you, give me hope for our species.:notworthy

Where are the updates??? oh ma gaaaawwwdd that is nicceee:salute: respect dude. Just curious how long did it take for you to learn all this from scratch? I'm 21 and I love to do jobs like this, I'm just wondering if it's possible. You sir are an inspiration.:salute:

I started messing with electronics when i was like 9 and been tinkering ever since. never had a dad or anyone to teach me, just figured it out by myself and books. I just always tried to figure things out untill i was able to profect it.

Sir, compared to you Dr. Frankenstein lacked imagination, initiative, style, and execution.

Whereas he created a monstrous amalgamation of human anatomy, you have genetically engineered a composite of Jane Seymour, Gates McFadden, and Kate Beckinsale.

You would be well advised to begin practicing your courtly bows for when you accept the Nobel Prize from King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden.

Your craft is better suited to a canvas such as this:
http://www.bentleymotors.com/models/continental_series/continental_gt/introduction/default.aspx?cpflgs=0111
Their photographs do not begin to do them justice.

You, and select artisans and scientists before you, give me hope for our species.:notworthy
Ok your going a little far there. I just strive for profection. after I was done doing it there were a tone of things I wanted to change allready because i didn't like how they tured out. So onto the next post on some of the changes...

Well heres a lil update:
I need some money so I took the dd15's out and am still trying to sell them. Anyone interested?
Well I ripped everythign out of the back to do some mods
PICT5528.jpg

I removed the center channel speaker because I never used it. also took out the bass shakers because I couldnt get them installed to where you didn't know they where there when you sat down and still shook the seat. Also removed the JL 6 channel amp that powered them.
I replaced the DD subs with 4 AudioQue SD8's The made in usa ones! They sound amazing and get very low!
PICT5670.jpg

PICT5677.jpg

PICT5681.jpg

PICT5678.jpg

PICT5679.jpg

PICT5705.jpg

Also removed the 2 audio control matrix line drivers i had in. Found out it worked fine without them and I had some alternator noise and these were the cause.
Removed one 4kw amp because 1000watts to each 8 is plenty (don't have to worry about clipping the amp because i will never use it's full potential) Still kept all 5 kinetik batterys. voltage doesn't budge while driving and blasting it, a contstant 14+ volts :)

Modded the amp rack to hold one less 4kw. Rewraped it in tan carpet
PICT5526.jpg

PICT5534.jpg

PICT5711.jpg

quick disconnect for the subs to the amp to easily remove sub box if needed.
PICT5708.jpg

Removed fans from the back of the amp rack and mounted them underneath the amps to get cross ventilation. 2 300 watters on top and 4kw on bottom
PICT5533.jpg

I didn't like the black carpeted door pods for the 9" wooders and I blew one of the 9" woofers. They were not as loud as I would have liked.
So I'm putting in 2 Boston acoustic 6 1/2" woofers in each door.

Ripped off all the carpet and cut out allot of the fiberglass mold
PICT5955.jpg

Positioned the woofer rings. Couldnt get them perfectly alligned.:mad:
PICT5957.jpg

PICT5973.jpg

PICT5994.jpg

PICT5996.jpg

Still not happy with the carpet. Would like to get them covered in leather.
Well thats all the updates for now. Hope you like it!

Wow that's all I got to say is wow. Amazing, doors look better in tan carpet, but would probably be better in a vinyl/leather.

I would say vinyl or leather for the woofers, otherwise I would say amazing. Its one wonderful build you have there.

Any idea how much weight youve added to the truck (before you went to the 8's and changed some things)?
Did it sag in the rear noticeably or drive poorly?

HOLY CRAP! this is amazing. broken any windows? hahaha

old thread but I just gotta say this. You do great work man. You fit alllllll those things amazingly

old thread but I just gotta say this. You do great work man. You fit alllllll those things amazingly

No Kidding!!! Cant believe I have never seen this, Unreal!!!!

Mad Props man! great work. so clean, and organized.

HOLY CRAP! this is amazing. broken any windows? hahaha

hope you are joking. Takes quite a bit of power and force to break glass when it comes to car audio.

The only thing that broke on me was the back hatch glass hinge bolt snapped off when I had the 2 15's
PICT4993-2.jpg

yea i am hitting a 158.2 on the TL and have broken some stuff on the inside of my truck, windshield flexes some but it aint gonna break. I've been to tons to shows and comps and only seen glass break a few times.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great Job.I'm starting my F250 soon. Nothing as big as yours. I will have a set of Exodus Audio Anarchy 6.5s in door pods as mid bass drivers. I have a set of their 6.5 neos in the factory opening. I'm building a console sub bow for 2/10s. It will be tuned to around 30 hz. I have a set of old school USAmps to drive my stuff.I've taken my time & checked out many 4 door truck installs before i start mine. It will take 3 to 4 months if it goes okay Fabbing speaker pods after work takes a lot of time. Your truck looks professorially done. I bet it sounds great.

Back