2011 All Ford Nationals, June 3-5 Carlisle Pa! | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 All Ford Nationals, June 3-5 Carlisle Pa!

Where do you want to go wheeling for the 2011 AFN's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rear axle flip? I hope you dont intend to flip your axle upside down, Does not work, unless of course you want to go backwards. At least you will be locking it up finally.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry Spring over axle from a spring under axle from a kit from Superlift under 150.00. I was going to do this because of the extra weight from the new rear bumper. Waiting on A few side jobs to pan out then it w.ill ordered

Dude. Bring your junk here. we can SOA it in under an hour for about 15 bucks.

though remember that unless you have a lot of front lift it will be way slanted. SOA will be between 5 and 5.5 inches lift in back.

ok ive been a bit high off paint fumes this weekend and now get to show it off as a teaser for carlisle =p
windshield trim
DSCN0400.jpg

rear wheel trim
DSCN0398.jpg

kick panel trim
DSCN0403.jpg

close up kick panel
DSCN0402.jpg

and thats dry btw not wet =D

Hey don, when you did that did you scuff them (like using a red scotch bright pad)? If not, it might flake off.

i used alcohol on em and im willing to touch up as i go haha

Rookie I have 4in lift Rough country and f150 spacers
New rear leaf springs
The reason fo rthe SOA is for when I get the new rear bumper and swing out tire carrier

Rookie I have 4in lift Rough country and f150 spacers
New rear leaf springs
The reason fo rthe SOA is for when I get the new rear bumper and swing out tire carrier

Ok assuming the back is close to level with the front as it sits now if you put stock springs back on, then go SOA, you will be almost the exact same rear height you are now, and make no difference. If you dont put stock springs back on and do the SOA the rear will be stupid high. either way its super easy and super cheap.

I just recieved the new rear locker today

Just purchase a spot to park my explorer at the afn. All I need yet is my driveshaft lengthen, fender flares, and rear shocks to get mine road "legal". Hopefully I can handle that because my progress on the sas has slowed to a crawl recently.... :rolleyes:

Bought my ticket in advance =D see you guys there!

well got a hold of my buddy and now i have full access to his garage sat for some very need more on the truck. If only the other parts arrive on time or ahead of time that would be great

well got a hold of my buddy and now i have full access to his garage sat for some very need more on the truck. If only the other parts arrive on time or ahead of time that would be great

Cool! :thumbsup:

I'm all registered. Now just thinking of the best time to clean the truck.

I'm all registered. Now just thinking of the best time to clean the truck.

Why not start now? There's always cracks to be cleaned, little dings to touch up, rust spots to prime, dashboards to be polished, vents to be cleaned...

I've been reading to much of Joe Dirts' cleaning thread. :D

We got some work done on the truck yesterday. I know I had a bad rear axle seal turns out it was a bad or overly worn bearing. Change Limited Slip Carrier to an Open Carrier. Installed the new locker in rear. Change the header gaskets to better quality. Got the rear wiper and washer to work as well. and did a coolant flush.

Left SUA to SOA conversion
New Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier if money is available
Paint touch up
Tight Front Axle Nuts and Flush
Full Tune up
Tinker with A/C to get it working

Why not start now? There's always cracks to be cleaned, little dings to touch up, rust spots to prime, dashboards to be polished, vents to be cleaned...

I've been reading to much of Joe Dirts' cleaning thread. :D

dont laugh, i have just started getting evil ready. just lowered it last week, and on tues have to get the dent removed out of the hood. not even going to mention the cleaning job i want to do.....

preparation takes time and you always need time to get things ready for a great show

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

*Is going to go completely insane by Carlisle*

Hey, just throwing this out there: if anyone comes across a pair of 36x13.5r15 super swamper tsl bias ply for sale, PLEEEEEEASE let me know!!!

Btw, we now have foam swords AND nerf guns. You better plan on coming prepared to our house, mwa hahahaha!

Back