The Juggernaut 97 EX 5.0 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Juggernaut 97 EX 5.0

The light bar is an ebay special, looks good though, and came with ALL the wiring, relays (2), switches (2), though i only used 1 switch to activate both relays, and the other switch that came with them, i used with an additional relay, to activate my front lights, (bar that i made).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the Juggernaut got a little sister over the weekend. we got my wife an 02 sport.
Mater1_zps4eddf9f5.jpg

Mater2_zps95db41b4.jpg

I traded tires and rims, wirth the sport, (put the Firestones on hers, and bought a set of 31's for mine.
The Juggernaut welcoming (Mater) to the family
MaterWelcome_zps4f89106d.jpg

As soon as i got it home, i used bedliner to black out all the gray trim and factory nerf bars. My wife said the "gray" trim made it look old. she is very happy with the new look.

Okay this weekend besides the work i did on mater, (thats in Maters thread),
i took the front valance/factory fog lights i put on, all back off, relocated the add on driving lights,
and built a Skid Plate for it.
skid1_zps9cf1f6b7.jpg

and this one
skid2_zps597ba4f9.jpg

I also added my first set of bully Steps to the side. once i can afford the other set, they are going on for the back doors.
step1_zpsb9a9d5d3.jpg

This way i get the ground clearance, as well as steps for my wife to use, that look good, without blocking the whole side.

Do you have details on the skid plate? What you built it out of, dimensions, etc? I am looking to build one when I get a chance

Yes, my brother in law, had an old chevy truck project, (that he sold long before even getting it running). he had ordered floor pans, from LMC for it. he gave them to me, and i used one for the skid plate. The top is 16" wide, and the bottom is 12" wide. it is framed with 1-1/4"X1/8" thick flat bar stock. i made two "L" brackets to mount the bottom to drop it down 1" just for looks. it is very strong, and looks great. i used two coats of plasticote bedliner on it, then painted it blue to match my other add ons. if anyone wishes i can take close ups of how i have it mounted.

Yes, my brother in law, had an old chevy truck project, (that he sold long before even getting it running). he had ordered floor pans, from LMC for it. he gave them to me, and i used one for the skid plate. The top is 16" wide, and the bottom is 12" wide. it is framed with 1-1/4"X1/8" thick flat bar stock. i made two "L" brackets to mount the bottom to drop it down 1" just for looks. it is very strong, and looks great. i used two coats of plasticote bedliner on it, then painted it blue to match my other add ons. if anyone wishes i can take close ups of how i have it mounted.

That skid plate looks really good. Now it has me wondering if I should make one. I'd definitely like to see some pics on how you mounted it

Can you tell me which springs ypu put in the back and the size and thread of the new TT bolts?

I have a 2000 Mounty and want to raise it about like yours.

MT

a couple of additions to the safari rack.

first a small dig-out shovel
rackshovel_zps34064231.jpg

and the first of two mounted boxes. this one has my tools that i keep in the explorer.
rackbox_zps97ab3577.jpg

Did you get any pictures of the mounts for the skid plate?

Could you tell me the width and length of the skid plate?

Yes i will get that, and the pics this weekend. See i work for the state. our office is being closed, and everyone was given layoff letters. I got a new job, and a really good promotion, however, i have been working a lot of extra hours learning the new position. That is why i haven't really updated, or done anything else to my EX lately. It is starting to calm down a bit, or i am getting up to speed more, so i can start back on the beast!!

Yes i will get that, and the pics this weekend. See i work for the state. our office is being closed, and everyone was given layoff letters. I got a new job, and a really good promotion, however, i have been working a lot of extra hours learning the new position. That is why i haven't really updated, or done anything else to my EX lately. It is starting to calm down a bit, or i am getting up to speed more, so i can start back on the beast!!

Oooohh alright. Hopefully the new job works out for ya!

Mater

Can you post the thread for Mater?
I have the same vehicle and I'm looking for some ideas.
I like what you've done with Juggernaut
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

okay the explorer sport got sold, and my wife got an 02 mustang. i have now started back on my explorer. i got a new set of tires. BFG KM2 33x12.50x15 no trimming required
sidekm2_zps0c2eb90c.jpg

and a close up
km2closeup_zps1f19af34.jpg

Back