1996 Ford Explorer + 1997 Mountaineer Video Owners Guide converted from VHS to YouTube | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1996 Ford Explorer + 1997 Mountaineer Video Owners Guide converted from VHS to YouTube

Justin_

Reaction score
City, State
Missoula
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 2-DR Sport 4x4 4.10
Callsign
KJ7IKI
A few weeks ago Brian Donnelly on the "Explorer Nation 1st an 2nd gen" facebook group offered up a 1996 video owners guide and I offered to convert it to digital. He shipped it off to me and I got it up online.

The HiFi version has cleaner audio, but it peaks a lot. The non-HiFi audio is clearer, but has a bit of noise on it.

YouTube kinda destroyed the quality, so if anybody wants the original files do let me know!

PXL_20211112_062927058.jpg

PXL_20211112_062936634.jpg

Hi-Fi audio version

Non-HiFi audio version

I now have the 97 Mountaineer video done! Check it out!

PXL_20211123_070504337_2.jpg

PXL_20211123_070530931_2.jpg

This one was not peaking on the HiFi track, so I just went with that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few weeks ago Brian Donnelly on the "Explorer Nation 1st an 2nd gen" facebook group offered up a 1996 video owners guide and I offered to convert it to digital. He shipped it off to me and I got it up online.

The HiFi version has cleaner audio, but it peaks a lot. The non-HiFi audio is clearer, but has a bit of noise on it.

YouTube kinda destroyed the quality, so if anybody wants the original files do let me know!

View attachment 423283
View attachment 423284

Hi-Fi audio version

Non-HiFi audio version

Cool. Thanks for your work making it available.

Nice to see a new version of this put up.

If anyone has info on the actors in this video - think it would be perfect to cast them in a new retro piece for the 2nd Generation Explorer. Please PM any contact info if it ever comes available.

Thanks

This is great!

I have a VHS of the '97 Mountaineer Owner's Guide if you'd want to round out the series. I don't have a VCR anymore to check if it works, but it's still in the shrink wrap so I'm guessing it's okay.
20211114_080147.jpg

20211114_080211.jpg

I have a 1995 version with the plastic wrap still on it. Same graphics as the '96 above except the year. I did pull it out of an Explorer in the salvage yard, so who knows if it would actually play if one removed the plastic and tried it.

I have a VHS of the '97 Mountaineer Owner's Guide if you'd want to round out the series.
Totally! I love to preserve old content like this and make it available again. Just wish the YouTube video quality was better.

I have a 1995 version with the plastic wrap still on it. Same graphics as the '96 above except the year.
The more the merrier as far as i'm concerned. Doesn't take all that long to do.

If you guys can PM me your emails for PayPal I can cover the cost of shipping too. Can't wait to make these available again.

Got the new video up. Just wanted to add a new post to bump this thread.

97Sandbox, thanks for the tape. Ill get it back to you shortly!

I like how the Mounty video has the same actors just in slightly more upscale clothes...kind of how a Mounty is just a dressed up Explorer. Er, I mean a "masterpiece of automotive engineering."

I like how the Mounty video has the same actors just in slightly more upscale clothes...kind of how a Mounty is just a dressed up Explorer. Er, I mean a "masterpiece of automotive engineering."
If you really look at it, the Mountaineer was not more upscale than the Explorer when compared to the Ford Explorer Limited. The Limited trim level was more luxurious and came with many options/features that were never available for the Mountaineer. The Ford Explorer Limited just gave off a more upscale appearance than any Mountaineer that was ever shown. I'm really curious what there thinking was behind these choices as normally Mercury and Lincoln are similar to Lexus and Infinite - being upscale versions of the parent brand.

I'm having fun with this so I just picked up the 90+91 tapes on eBay. Time will tell if they are the same or not.

It is starting to get a bit expensive for a fun little project though so will see how many more I get.

If anybody has fun tapes they would like to see archived, explorer or not, I can still process them. I might just ask for shipping to be covered.

Screenshot_20211124-042221.png

Screenshot_20211124-041957.png

Back