2007 Ranger 4x4 Flatbed - tires rubbing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Ranger 4x4 Flatbed - tires rubbing

gundogbreeders

Reaction score
City, State
Annabella, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ranger 4x4 Flatbed
I built this truck for hauling my hunting dogs around. Wanted to get the flatbed mounted as low as possible for ease of use. Now when I am loaded down with ATV, dogs, gear, etc. The tires rub on the bottom rails of the flatbed. Not really wanting to do the lift thing cause I want the bed surface low to the ground. Is there any ways to increase the load capacity before the springs sag so low???

dogtrucksnow.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go for an add a leaf, or have a custom spring pack made. Or you can piece together a custom leaf pack yourself. Check out the F-150 spring mod. It might help since most of the ranger leaves are similar to explorers, and older f-150s.

Dan

There are also air bag kits that go between the leaf springs and frame, that way you could adjust them for the ride height and load capacity you want depending on how much weight you have. The add-a-leafs would work, but your ride when empty would get harsher.

who makes the flatbed on your Ford? im interested in putting one on my 95' Ranger.

Back