3rd time's the charm! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd time's the charm!

Well, two Explorers are just never enough, soooo..... now I have 3 :D Four more and I'll have one for every day of the week, LOL.

I got this one from a member of the forum who moved to Australia and just wanted to get rid of it (thanks again, Bryce!)... Technically she was free, but I had to pay $105 in storage fees to get her out of JFK's long term parking lot (dealing with the NYPD Officer was hilarious- apparently the mob likes to drop off cars with.. things... in them, or he thought maybe I'd gotten conned into a stolen vehicle. Had to tell him we're a buncha nuts on Explorer Forum and we do crazy parts swaps all the time ;) ). That plus a new shell for my boy Brennan's (Numidian) tailgate after I accidentally lifted the trailer off the hitch and rammed it into the back of his beautiful F150 as I was driving the Explorer up onto it :eek: :(

Ok, onto the gritty details!

She's a 1992 XLT, power windows and locks, two tone red and silver with that damn Victoria's Secret red interior (I've been calling her "Victoria", lol), 3.73 LS, Manual locking hubs, very clean 176,000 mile engine with only a little bit of tapping and 8 gorgeous feet of fold down space inside *wiggles eyebrows* :D

Matter of fact, this one's in such good shape (except for the easily fixable rocker panel rust) that I've decided to part Tank out and make her into my new trail beast. It hurts to do it, but Tank's been terminally ill (rusted out) since long before I got him, and I just can't afford 3 trucks :( Trans, most suspension, console, seats, tcase, and my custom sharpie-fied interior panels are all spoken for but if you're interested in something else, PM me (don't post here asking me, this is my registery damnit).

I have a 5.5" superlift that's goin in this one, and hopefully 4.56's and a locker, then 35's :D HELLLLOOOOOO TRAILS!

Anyone suggest a good name for the old girl??

Attachments

• trailer shot.jpg
    trailer shot.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,343
  • trailer shot 2.jpg
    trailer shot 2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,323
  • carcloseup.JPG
    carcloseup.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,325

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't wheeled my explorer, but I know from personal experience that a stock 89 ranger don't dig deep water. Surprised you didn't hydrolock. At least you have a shop to work in. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shelby update!

Well, after a bad incident on a blue II at Paragon a few weekends ago that resulted in bent shifter linkage and E-brake cable, shearing a bolt off the front driveshaft, destroying the power steering box, flattening the trans cross member into the frame, pulling the trans bellhousing away from the motor enough to cause a leak, fuggering the new starter, murdering skidplates, and destroying all that bondo I put so much hard work into, I traded my stupidlift to the kid I sold Tank to in return for the 31's and rims that I've been borrowing for months now. It'll be SAS time as soon as I 1) Find a coil sprung, shortened D44 setup that I like 2) Get the parts and 3) Beg someone to put it in because I can't weld nor am I any good with steering geometry! Suffice to say, she'll be stock for a while longer :(

Ah well, could be worse, right? :p

Attachments

• 10-29-05_1119.jpg
    10-29-05_1119.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 454

So what's the latest here Linds? She be ready for Crozet?

HA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! That's funny..... :eek:

Best I can manage right now is a dinky 2'' suspension lift and 31's :( I'm REALLY hoping that the $$ I have coming to me gets here soon so I can hunt down an F150 axle and get cracking here. I'm trying, I'm trying!

Attachments

• shelby lifted.jpg
    shelby lifted.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 400

Wow Josh.. you must be good luck or something! My Neuroc competing, Bronco loving coworker offered me his bronco's (I think it's either a 67 or 69) D44 high pinion front and 9" rear for $300 today. I can't afford it with X-mas in a few days, but hopefully by next month I'll actually have some kickass axles! I have to do the disc conversions, get new shafts, seals, and gears yet though...

Dang, 300 bucks for the whole truck? I'll take it, lol, just kidding. Yeah sounds like you hit it there.

Sweet deal. One thing to know though is it's nto high pinion. The high pinion axles were NEVER available in the Early Broncos (66-77). You said it needs a disc conversion, so the only way it could have drum brakes and be HP is if it has full width axles from a 75ish or earlier F100/150. ;) Sounds like it would be a real nice setup under yours though. :)

I am sure Linds is aware of it not being high pinion. She knows well more than most. High pinion isnt this great thing everyone makes it out to be anyway

Spas said:
My Neuroc competing, Bronco loving coworker offered me his bronco's (I think it's either a 67 or 69) D44 high pinion front and 9" rear for $300 today.
Just trying to help out. ;)

Well, I kinda jumped the gun and assumed a lot, whoops. I've haven't seen them in person yet, so I just assumed it was a high pinion with drum brakes. I'm not that picky about pinion angle, moreso about whether I have to do the damn disc conversion or not :p All I really know is that the deceased Bronco came with a V8 and was manual.

The deal includes the frame and suspension, but Ross tells me that if I don't want it when I cough up the $$ next month that he'll just plasma cut the frame away from the stuff I'm buying, so anybody who's interested in a Bronc frame better contact me asap!

this is for you...

its a prerunner X with arb 4.56's, C&T TTB and coilovers and d44 outers.. Ill have more pics soon. Looks just like the old girl, minus the reversed paint

Attachments

• mini-mini-mini-mini-untitled.bmp.jpg
    mini-mini-mini-mini-untitled.bmp.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 337
  • mini-untitled.bmp.jpg
    mini-untitled.bmp.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 344

1st Gens are the devil, I tell you. Snapped off the radius arm a few weeks ago, and yesterday Porter blew up the AC compressor :rolleyes:

Jul1520061352.jpg

Spas said:
1st Gens are the devil, I tell you. Snapped off the radius arm a few weeks ago, and yesterday Porter blew up the AC compressor :rolleyes:

Jul1520061352.jpg

You have issues.. Note to self when cutting steel, wait for it to cool down before trying to mock it up.. ouch that fawker was hot.

Damn firstgens.

Ben WTF is with that new avatar?

Well, since Jack decided to eat his power steering rack, I'm going to hang on to Shelby for a bit longer and just pimp myself out for money or somesuch :p

Thought this was funny:

Shelby and... TANK?! :D
Aug2920061614.jpg

Spas said:
and just pimp myself out for money or somesuch :p
Aug2920061614.jpg

Lol, can we place bids on this like an ebay auction or something? :D

JoshC said:
Lol, can we place bids on this like an ebay auction or something? :D

For me or the Tank? The tank's worth a helluva lot more- I'm about useless as a mechanic: all I ever do is hold the flashlight, borrow everyone's tools and drop 8.8's on my arm, lol. And steal unguarded bags of cookies :D

Well, it's official. As of 6:30pm last night I'm back down to 2 Explorers again. Some nice Mexican fella bought Shelby for his return trip to Mexico City (Yes, I did warn him that she will never make it that far without trans and engine work, but he was determined *shrug*). I didn't want to do it, but I'm moving out very very soon and need all the $$ I can get, plus Morgan needs to be finished already :p Cranky- at least I didn't part this one out and she's still got a fighting chance at life. Tied to a donkey somewhere in Mexico. ;)

Back