AZ Run 2005? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AZ Run 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just moved to the phoenix area back in jan this yr. Would luv to go wheelin with a group but with a pregnant g/f, well not before aug anyhow so maybe some other time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish I had the time to get there this spring.

My April trip is to the Hammers - and next major trip will probably be Moab in June.

Brother_of_Jefe said:
just kidding . . . . I'll be up in Utah that weekend (DOOOHHH!)

Well you guys are getting close enough to home for me to be able to make it - unfortunatly I don't think my truck will be ready.
I may have to see about bumming a seat.
It's been a long year since wheeling with you guys.

I'm in for the 8-10 weekend.

Ok, so what trails do we want to do? The Table Mesa trails have bypasses right? So if the smaller ex's want to go around they can.

None of the Table Mesa trails that we run have bypasses. Anyone running those trails should be prepared for body damage. It's by no means guaranteed, but very likely. To minimize body damage strong rock sliders are highly reccomended.

Unless I missed someone, assumed too much from a sig, or someone else becomse interested the only less than 'extreme' rig I'm seeing here is ntrpriz's.

If thats true Table Mesa sounds good. :cool:

Are we wheeling friday?

FAKRWEE is interested in a run, but can only make it April 2-3. Is this possible for everyone else or no way??

Rick said:
FAKRWEE is interested in a run, but can only make it April 2-3. Is this possible for everyone else or no way??

whichever works for me

Rick said:
Thats going to make it much more difficult for me to get out there. I'm not even sure I can get away for a day as is.

Any weekend should work for me.

I am fine with either weekend, but we need to make up our minds ASAP, the 2nd and 3rd are next weekend.

I can do April 3rd or April 10th. Sundays are best for me. Dont plan around me though, If I can make then I will, if not, then theres always next time.

Ive done Table Mesa with my old stock 94. I dont recall anything too difficult on that run. I went with Rick and Maniak. Only had to have a spotter through what I recall as a dry riverbed with some decent sized rocks. Other than getting a flat towards the end, I had no problems on that trail.

My new explorer is about a month old now, and I have no qualms about doing Table Mesa in it. Although, my memory may be off! Rick, what is so tough about Table Mesa?

You did the East side of Table Mesa Steven. That's a Forest Road. The West side is where all of the "named" trails are.

Ok, so it looks like it is going to work to go on the 2nd and/or 3rd. It seems like most would like to do the 'named' trails at TM. If this is the case, how many people are in for sure? and where and what time will we be meeting there?

How's this... the easy Table Mesa run on Saturday and the big dawg run on Sunday. That way everything should be in one piece for the big dawg run :D

Meeting place: I-17 to Table Mesa Road. For those traveling North on I-17 go left at the stop sign then take a right on the frontage road. Proceed past the point where the road turns to gravel. Look for a large parking area to your left which comes up fairly soon.

For those traveling South on I-17. The ramp will let you off on the correct side of the Freeway just follow the frontage road and the directions above.

I would like to leave for the trails at 9:00am. Let's get together at 8:30 to unload trailers, air down, BS etc...

Char and I will be staying out there on Saturday night, rather than having to drive back home. There is plenty of room for camping out there.

Sounds good Rick :thumbsup:

Now to see about getting at least part of friday and monday off so I can get there and back.

I'm there, can't wait to see some fellow lifted ex's, there aren't any here in Prescott that I've seen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this place pretty close to Phoenix? If so I should be able to find my way there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back