Year, Model & Trim Level
`93 XLT
I am the new guy on the block, friends call me "E"
planing a short Baja loop.
anyone interested, drop me a note!
Own a 93xlt,4.0,5speed,4.10gears,31tires,
catback, headers......

[This message has been edited by Ewald G Gruber (edited 02-18-2000).]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Rick,
Baja California Mexico. It is the peninsula directly under California U.S.A. The northern most city is Tijuana and the southern most city or at least one that everyone has heard of is Cabo San Lucas. The east and west borders are the Pacific on the west and the Sea of Cortez on the east. There are some really wonderful deserts, and Beaches out there to explorer.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

once i regear my truck, i would love to make that trip. Have any idea on a date? Think i can probably run that with my 2wd.
Brian
94 2wd
4" Fabtech lift

Hi Brian!
I suggest april,may,june,either one of would be ok. I prefer the golf of california side (San Felipe and beyond)it is remote and beautiful.The mountain region just across the border has also great potencial for a fun trip
let me know whats good for you and yes you can do it in 2wd!

[This message has been edited by Ewald G Gruber (edited 02-20-2000).]

Gonna have to look at my schedule for school. See when i have tests. If i dont have tests than i can miss class. Dead Link Removed Are you planning it to be a weekend thing? Love college..(well not really), but enjoy being able to sleep in. Hopefully we can get a few more guys to go. Really anytime is good.

------------------
Brian
94 2wd
4" Fabtech Lift
265/75/16
Clears all the way around

Hi Ray!
those beautiful beaches and deserts you mentioned to Rick are waiting for you!
Baja Cal. Mexico is an off-roaders paradise, for stockers, 2WD, or mods.it`s there. It is on of my favorite playgrounds.
So come on down folks and let`s play, don`t miss out on a good thing!
Day-trips weekends or longer....
keep the shiny side up...
Ewald G Gruber..AKA "E"

------------------

Hi E,
I will have to take a rain check on it until after the Moab trip. I already trashed my truck at Hollister and now need to get it ready for Moab. Maybe June might be good. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Hi Ray,
let`s talk about Baja in Moab,chances are there will be more interrest by then.
.....Brian would like to go.
I will bring some pictures up to Moab.
Looking forward meeting you "Explorers".

"E"

------------------
93xlt,4.0,5Speed,2.5 lift,4.10gears, headers,catback,31M/T BFG,K&N..........

"E"
you talking about Moab or Baja? I'm still contenplating Moab. Its a long drive and i'm trying to convince my dad to go. You know that father son bonding.. Dead Link Removed I'm up for Baja with it being local. I would realy like to go to moab though. Was thinking or if i dont go its a good idea for others. Have a caravan of explorers who are from southern cal. Carpool up there kinda thing. I'm calling around and trying to get my gears and locker done. 4.10 or 3.73? this is annoying me...lol..I do alot of commuting so i'm leaning towards the 3.73. Oh well. We'll figure somthing out. If i dont make it to Moab, keep me posted on Baja. I'm up for that.
you can email me at svtexplorer@aol.com

------------------
Brian
94 2wd
4" Fabtech Lift
265/75/16
Flowmaster 2 chamber 2.25"
KKM intake
Clears all the way around

I might be able to make it to Baja this summer. I let you know when it gets closer.

------------------
If everybody is different, how can anyone be normal?

91 Explorer XLT
4.0L OHV V6

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dignan:
I might be able to make it to Baja this summer. I let you know when it gets closer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dignan,
I will see you in Moab and talk to you about Baja!
"E"

------------------

Brian,
I was saying to Ray; "let`s talk about Baja in Moab"
Iam going to Moab too, so we can talk about
a Baja trip there.......

...checked with a technician at Off-Road Waerhouse about your gearing plans.
....I run 31ns on 15 inch wheels with 4.10/
your 265/75/16 is more like a 32inch tire!
....3.73 is not a good idea.
4.10 and up is more what you need otherwise you will be looking at a acceleration problem!

good luck

"E"

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ewald G Gruber (edited 03-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ewald G Gruber (edited 03-02-2000).]

Where and when is the baja trip, im there! jst rolled my new pre-runnered explorer, but thats the cost i have to pay when i play to hard, anyway i know ill be ready for the trip, just let me know the date. Later fellow explorer's.

------------------
94 explorer 4x4 (pre-runner)v-6

To all of you who are interrested on a trip to the Baja California Penninsular - Mexico, I would suggest no later then end of June.
I will be at Moab and I am sure there will be time to talk about it.
E-mail me if you need to get in touch with me
.....nuf said! "E"
as always, keep the shiny side up!

------------------

E-
Let me know how the Baja trip plans develop. I snoozed so I lose on the Moab trip. Got the days off finally but didn't sign up in time. Big Bummer! Baja sounds like fun and its a short hop from Palm Springs! An early June trip would be great.
Rick

------------------
Rick
95 Explorer Sport Expedition
Dead Link Removed

E:

Keep us apprised. My Employers plan to have my carcass continually from June through Christmas. However, A GOOD Day in San Felipe is ALMOST AS GOOD as a GOOD Day in Las Vegas...just not as brightly lit!

Navig8r

------------------
"I'm sure I'd be MUCH more concerned if I weren't so heavily medicated."

Sounds like fun! let me know the dates, and maybe I can join you. I would really like to try something off road.

my 93 is barely modified, but 31s and a bit of lift can go along way. worked the performance aspects first. used to pull
5000# pounds of boat, ugh
sounds like it could be a great 4x4, gotta try!

Mike

------------------
Mike San Diego
'93 Sport lift, hypertech, 31s, catback
more to come

Hi. I am a new member to this message board, and an avid Baja visitor. I just returned from the Gulf area (San F./Huerfanito) Sunday, and it was a blast! I am planning an extensive trip July 1-15th of 2000 down the Peninsular (mountain) ranges of Baja Norte. Another guy and his wife will be traveling along. He's towing down his CJ (w/ 36" TSL's) behind his fullsize Blazer from their home in San Jose, CA. His wife will drive the Blazer once we reach the border. Since I live a relatively short 90 miles from the border in Riverside, CA meeting up with others at the border will be no problem.
The trails in and around the Parque Constitucion and Parque Sierra San Pedro Martir were constructed primarily for commercial logging in the late 1940's. These trails were never used because the Mexican government declared these mountain range areas as National Parks shortly after the trail construction. With permission, you can travel the trails provided that your vehicle appears to be adequately outfitted (The Park Rangers tool around in a Dodge Ram flatbed and Toyota Land Cruiser lifted w/35" Mud Terrains). I am already acquainted with the Park rangers in Sierra San Pedro Martir, and one ranger in particular might hang out and ride along for most of the exploring. If this sounds interesting, just reply or drop me a line. Regardless of how many people decide to join this massive Baja trail run, I'm still going.
-Ken Cooke
c/o kencooke@pe.net
'94 Ford Ranger
2.5" Rancho susp. system
2" Performance Accessories Body Lift
K&N drop in Filter
32" TSL-SX's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back