Brake Pedal - Pressure Releasing Sound | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake Pedal - Pressure Releasing Sound

The Jas17

Reaction score
City, State
Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Hello,

I just had a question about the brakes and brake pedal on my 2021 Ford Explorer ST.

When I let off the brakes after stopping or just normally use the brakes, it makes like kind of a click sound and more of a pressure releasing sound, so why does it do that?

Also, I just bought my ST brand new like a week ago.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not really sure about either noise.

Besides the normal abs check noise which sounds like a crunching sound once you start moving (once per startup), I have no other sound.

Brake booster is electronic on the 6th gen.

Hello,

I just had a question about the brakes and brake pedal on my 2021 Ford Explorer ST.

When I let off the brakes after stopping or just normally use the brakes, it makes like kind of a click sound and more of a pressure releasing sound, so why does it do that?

Thanks!

Same issue - no solution yet. Dealer says it is according to Ford specs.

Hello,

Thanks!
I don't get the click sound but I definitely have the pressure release sound with our 2021 XLT. It concerned me at first but thankfully the brakes work perfectly. So I threw it in the F.... it bucket for now. I haven't done any research as of yet what is causing it, but will when I get a chance.

Here is another thread to the same topic.
New ST, brake pedal noise?

Need to make that more popular. Even if I would get used to it any future buyer will be scared off after a test drive.

Back