Burns SAS thread | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Burns SAS thread

Well as a few of you know my X was messeed up a bit due to a accident. so i have been looking for a new plan.
i have my axles (d44/ford9") all i need is to choose what i am gonna do.
i was thinking about thiS:
In the front i plan to use whild horse 5.5 inch coils,
1005_cut.jpg

for radius arms i plan to use this.
1425LO~1.jpg

they are 12 inches longer that the stock radius arms.i have the whole frame from a 78 f-150 that i plan to get the coil buckets and steering off of.
i want to use a 37 inch tire and use 4.88 gears
i dont see a problem with any of this so i need some info to see if i have missed anything

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AHH perfect haha lol Your right i need to wheel with that guy lol :)

Today the explorer got the 36s back. I also scored 3 tsl radials today for 25 bucks a piece. This is good for me. I now dont need new tires. I have one good tire on the explorer and 3 that are wore out. Now i have 3 ones that are at the same wear point that my good tire is at. Sweet deal but that means i have to keep the tsl radials for a little longer :(

attachment.php

For 25 bucks I would deal!:thumbsup:

I know i just couldnt pass them up. I didnt really like them and this is for sure the cheaper option. The business is eating all funds at the moment and this is my dd.

The new tires are going to go on next week. They were a steal. Im so excited that i got them.

I was going to retire the explorer from dd status and get a 07 super duty but im not ready for that kinda comitment. Im looking into the honda side of things. Anything with gas mileage and does not cost me 33 grand would be nice.

Tbars you know what i have been going through with the bearings not staying tight on the D44. You replaced your hubs and it worked for you. I started doing mine and it was also the ticket. I got the second one replaced and got a new tie rod end on the drivers side. Now the allingment can be done and i wont be wearing the tires like crazy anymore. Thanks for the heads up on that. I was going to replace the spindles first so now im happy that i got it fixed the cheapest way. The races for the bearings were moving inside the hub a good 1/8 to 1/4 a inch.....

Here is the new hub: you knock out the wheel studs and seperate the rotor and the hub.

hub2.jpg

...Congrats on it being the cheaper fix and the nightmare finally being over...:thumbsup:...:D

Thanks

Its very nice to know that i will soon not wear tires that are over a grand for them all......

...I am curious if you ever get to do anything but work anymore???..You need to get your new tires on, and go wheeling for a couple hours...:D

I work almost every day. I do paperwork during the week trying to catch up on the last 6 months. I do get out for a few hours every night and spend time with friends to try to have a little of a personal life. Right now im creating nightly report sheets for myself....

Weekends are fully work.

I really need to wheel........:)

Back