Doubler information wanted

cmhaah06

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
CLOVIS, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
I remember there was a guy who was making a doubler kit for the 1354/50. Does anyone still know where I can get ahold of this guy or if he is still making these kits? I think it was D.D. Box for rocks or something like that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He is/was making them. From what I have heard he is hard to get ahold of. I have one of his first ones and it is the best mod I did to my truck.

Do you know of an email address or some way to contact him? Is your truck a DD or just a trail rig?

Search d.dmachine on the forums over on pirate4x4.com. He should come up there.

Clovis huh. I went to fresno state and my wife grew up in Fresno.

Forgot the second part. Truck is pretty much trailer trash. Sees maybe 700 miles a year. 680 of those are with the front hubs locked in the dirt. If I spent a few days on it I could probably get it into a daily drivable condition. I would have to add mud flaps tail lights and a few other things. A sway bar would also help a bunch.

Wow, so you get around on here huh? So did you ever use your truck as a DD with the doubler? I still have to use mine as a DD for a few more years but would like to have a doubler and wanted to know if it affected drivability. Yeah I live in Clovis. Im trying to get my vehicle to be a good DD and a good weekend warrior that is capable of doing trails like Dusy and Rubi. If your ever up this way just shoot me a pm so we can get together and wheel.

Never DD with the doubler. Never DD the truck sense I owned it. There is a guy on Pirates that DD his with the d.d machine doubler.

RockRanger-Ok well I want to put a doubler on my truck and it is going to pull double duty for a while. I just cant pass up the idea of close to 100:1. Ummm....100:1 DROOLS. Sorry, day dreaming. Anyways thanks again.

Thanks for the info james t.

I recently ordered and recieved a kit from duffy (March 2010). just need a second manual case so I can assemble it and get it into the truck.

I recently ordered and recieved a kit from duffy (March 2010). just need a second manual case so I can assemble it and get it into the truck.

I have ordered my kit, talked with Duffy you can use a 1354 ele case with either a 1354 or a 1350 manual case

Phone# for d&d machine 360 649-4465 leave a message he will call you back in the evening

I have ordered my kit, talked with Duffy you can use a 1354 ele case with either a 1354 or a 1350 manual case

Phone# for d&d machine 360 649-4465 leave a message he will call you back in the evening

You guys will love it. Made the biggest difference in what I could do with my truck.

I've got probably 16,000 miles now on mine. No problems to speak of. You'll want to run the oil level up a little higher than where Duffy put the fill hole though (which you can't get to anyway with the thing assembled). Otherwise the gears will barely dip but maybe 3/8" into the fluid which I don't see keeping the bearings lubed with street driving.

I relocated the breather tube to the top of the case (make sure it's out of the way of the oil splashing from the gears) and made the original breather hole the fill hole.

Other than a few drips of oil that still occasionally blow out of the breather on real cold mornings (should've put the breather opening back further), it's been great.

Glad to hear about the DD info. I am going to be workin a few extra shifts to purchase one of these kits. I just cant pass it up. I did the math, and with 4.88's with the doubler the ratio is 111:1, crazy. Can't wait to see guys faces. A flexy TTB with 111:1. Its gonna be great.

Out of curiousity guys....how much is duffy's kit going to set me back?

I think I paid $600 for the kit plus a tcase plus driveshafts mods. I had about $1000 into mine I believe. They could be more now though. I have one of his very first doublers he sold. I think I bought it in 05 or 06.

That's pretty close to what I figured it is. I already have the T-cases. The shaft he provides is a new machine one correct? Not cut, pressed together and welded or machined done from the original shaft right?

Yes it is a new shaft. There is a doubler for sale on Pirates right now as well. He has had it listed for awhile now. I am beginning to no feel sorry for people who ***** about parts not being available and when is they do not buy it. If I didn't already have a doubler I would beg and borrow what ever I could to get the money to buy a doubler when one was available.

^^ do you have a link to it? im trying to find it on pirate and cant find it....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back