East Coast Trashed Thread | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

East Coast Trashed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My turn to post.I'm not sure how far along my Explorer will be.I'm shootin on doin the TT,F150 spring and shackles early spring.But if I don't I still wanna make the run.Got the date wrote down so I don't forget.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should be able to run low blue's to mid-blues. Just make sure you listen to the guides. Also if you don't have any underbody protection for the tranny, gas tank, etc. let them know.

I do not want to make this post

I am being forced to reply to this event.... I have received three PMs/emails from those who voted for Paragon and then asked why I even started a poll when the "winner" (Paragon) was going to "lose" and I was going to make a unilateral decision otherwise no matter what the vote was.

First off, it didn't necessarily "lose". It got the most individual votes from those unwilling to compromise, but the most votes came from those of us willing to go to either location (Tellico or Paragon). Try basic addition while viewing the poll: 18 will go to Paragon, while 22 are willing to go to either place or to compromise :rolleyes:

We can all just have our own little local run anytime. To those who insulted me and demanded another local run up in the northeast go right ahead and have one of your own. But to those who want to meet someone other than whom you always run with anyway, I beg you to compromise and join us for this major event. I cannot wait to meet you and look forward to a fantastic time.

thank you for the hard work you put into this Gerald, i appreciate it.

Blee1099 said:
You should be able to run low blue's to mid-blues. Just make sure you listen to the guides. Also if you don't have any underbody protection for the tranny, gas tank, etc. let them know.
STock skid plates on it now.Do I need more?

The stock skids are pretty stout...just make sure that you have all of them (gas, tcase, transmission)

UPDATE: I cannot believe I am still getting these PMs even right now as I post....... some of us are very slow learners.

The MOST people on the east coast will show up ONLY if we all compromise. If you want to complain behind my back and try to force others who live a thousand miles away from you to only come where you demand while not being willing to make an effort to meet them, then you are free to start your own website and coordinate your own runs.

I am willing to compromise in order to have a great run in celebration of our TENTH anniversary in order to meet others on this site who want to do the same thing. If you don't, then start your own website, wait ten years, spend the money to maintain it, and then acquiesce to their demands and let them tell you what to do.

Come on guys... Crozet is not that far from you, look show far it is from GA, and FL.

Honestly if you dont want to go to Crozet then dont come, go have another local run at Paragon or Rausch Creek. A lot of us are gonna be doing a lto of traveling to get some wheeling time in with people we dont wheel with ever. I hope to see you all there, but if you are not going to come pleases stop spamming the organizer with PM's complaining.

i dont understand what the problem is...I know some of you have been around alot more than i have, but this is rediculous....Gerald has put MANY MANY hours into this run and it is not his fault that WE (NOT HIM) couldnt decide a place to go. If it is anyones fault it is ours. We did the voting. The compromise option had the most votes. You lost. Suck it up and come meet the rest of the people. We are ALL going to have to drive, so shut up and drive.

Everyone just compromise. Everyone has to be some serious hours into getting there. Distance wise I'm sure quite a few of us are travelling more than 2 hours. Gerald is probably a good 5 hours away, I'm a good 3.5 hours away, etc. This site technically is the halfway point between the NE section & the SE section. For those who consider this far, you have to consider that this is the 10th anniversary run. Everyone has to make compromises. Just like the PA folk wanted Paragon due to location and the South wanted areas like Tellico or UWharrie National Park.

So when are we gonna get a signup thread started?

He had to know the place and the date and we only just figureed that out. I PM'd him with the news, so it should happen within the next few days after he gets around to setting up the HTNL code and stuff to code the signup thread for us.

Just for the record, there are some of us from the Northeast that will gladly travel to wheel other places. I will be quite happy to go to Crozet.

C'mon people...get out...see new places...meet new people...EXPLORE!!

now if i can just get 2006 to slow down... it is comign so fast its hard to save for gas for three major runs and modify my truck more in the process.

It amazes me that so many people are complaining about an East Coast run that is practically smack dab in the center of the East Coast.:rolleyes:

Here is our Moab Registration list:

1. Rick and Char - 4 - Plaque
2. Brian Kennedy - bkennedy - 4
3. Gerald and Ashli Jarrett - GJarrett and AshliX - 4 - Plaque
4. Joshua Champion - Goliath - 4
5. Derrick Volk - Positive Vibes - 3-4 - Plaque
6. John Glancy - Brother of Jefe - 4 - Plaque
7. Joseph Gaylor - jrgaylor - 3+ - Plaque
8. Michael Bouknight - Michael - 4 - Plaque
9. Paul - Paul and Theresa Sabin - 4 - plaque
10. John Jensen - zhanx - 3.5 - plaque
11. Ryan Sowell - arsoul - 4 -
12. Douglas Emerson - Becker69 - 2,3 - plaque
13. Marty Sprunk - Marty196 - 3.5 - plaque
14. Kevin McInchak - Diff Whack Daddy - 4 - Plaque
15. Matt Dresselhaus - RockRanger - 4 - Plaque
16. Jared Doty - twotonex - 3 - Plaque
17. Mike Boyle - mrboyle - 3+ - plaque
18. Phil Fisk - Albino 94LTD - 3.5 - plaque
19. Robert Uhrich - 90ranajo - 4 - plaque
20. Bobby Ermatinger - Boble86 - 4 - plaque
21. Bill Collins - RangerX - 4
22. Roger Schlender - sandrunner - 4 - plaque
23. Scott Berkel - Buckshot - 4 - plaque
24. Justin Lynch whitemage24 - 1 -
25. Jeremy Hammer - Hammer - 4 - plaque
26. Marshall Graves - offroader_69_me - 4 - plaque
27. Jason Parrish - exploderpilot - 3- plaque
28. David Jarrett - AspenX - 2,3 - plaque
29. Joey Bauer - californiafeind - 2 - plaque
30. David Harward - dignan - 3+
31. Andrew P. Vassallo - st_anger5532 - 2 - plaque
32. Jefe Glancy - Jefe - 4 - Plaque
33. James Young - Climbnkd - 3
34. John Young - Climbnkd2 - 3
35. Joey Timmons - JTX - 4 - plaque

Why did I post that? Because that is a list of 35 people who compromised and signed up for Moab even though Moab was the least requested location in the poll. The reason Moab was ultimately selected is because of it's central location to all who wanted to attend in the Western states. Moab isn't close to anyone. I made a quick count and people are coming from 7 states to attend the Moab run. The majority of people have at least an 8 hour drive to get there. That should put your 3hr drive to Crozet in perspective to what others have to do if they want to have a BIG get together. Oh and BTW, the majority of folks DO NOT trailer to Moab.

ahah yeah.. east coast ppl are so up tight.. its sad really

Unfortunately there are a few boneheads out there that make the rest of us look bad. My wife and I would LOVE to travel to Moab so we could wheel with everyone else. The only thing holding us back is that our daughter is in school when the trip to Moab is happening, and we can't quite do it in a weekend.....We are coming to Crozet and going to try and make Attica.

Please do not think that all of us are that self centered. We've had one troll and a few bozos out of a much larger group that have made it look bad for the rest of us.

JDraper said:
only thing holding us back is that our daughter is in school

I'm his daughter in school.. sorry :rolleyes:

I know it's not everyone... I just have a hard time with what I was hearing. I actually started getting complaints several days ago about the East Coast run, before Crozet was even decided on. Personally I love road trips and driving a day to get somewhere I want to go is nothing. Taking off enough time to drive across country and back, that's a different story and I don't expect anyone to do that, that's why the three runs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IZwack said:
I'm his daughter in school.. sorry :rolleyes:

We'll forgive you...this time... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back