• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Chirko

Reaction score
City, State
Enem, Adigeya
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 1991 Eddie Bauer
Friends, I greet all the members of the forum! Please help ! What expression calf and fed mean? The ECU description of the picture. This is a play on words or technical reduction? How important are the differences?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

trashtruck

Reaction score
City, State
capital district, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 explorer xlt 4x4
californa has stricter emissions standard than the rest of the country so there is cal= 50 state emission compliant and fed=49 state emission compliant and is not authorized for sale in cal. as far as the ecu i'm not sure exactly what the differences are.

92exp4x4

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Covington, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XL 2-door and others
Differences are minor from 91-92. 93-94 are similar to themselves but very different from the early versions. Wiring harnesses are different, pin usage at ECM is different etc.

I would reference the part number of your ECM, if you are looking to get another one.

Chirko

Reaction score
City, State
Enem, Adigeya
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 1991 Eddie Bauer
I would reference the part number of your ECM, if you are looking to get another one.
OK. I do ECM picture. The stock does not hurt never.