Evolution of an Explorer XL - How ExplorerForum.com got started | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Evolution of an Explorer XL - How ExplorerForum.com got started

Very cool Rick. Nice to hear the origins of the forum and marvel at how it has grown. Love this place!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Because of this forum I've met some of the best people and have taken part in adventures that will follow me for a life time.

Cheers to you Rick and happy birthday to the Great Pumpkin!

rick said:
For me it has become as much about the great people as the great trucks that brought us all together.

Amen to that. I've been blessed with countless precious memories here. Rick, thank you so much for bringing us this website :thumbsup:

Absolutely share my sentiments with all the others-Happy Anniversary Rick! Your truck, Kris's truck, and another 95 Blue Explorer Sport (Expedition model) from another member named Rick were my inspirations. Stil dig your Ex when it had the tribal flames on it.

THANKS for the Best automotive forum I have ever been a part of.

IMO,this photo belongs in this thread.

moab_rickair.jpg

Moab 2000

Gerald, that was definitely a memorable moment!

Congrats on having the best Explorer website out there! It's amazing how times flies.

I have seen some of our members grow from being "kids" to having kids of their own!

It is crazy how time flies. It is great being involved with a group that you feel you can bring your young kids to and know they are in a safe place.

Amen to that. I've been blessed with countless precious memories here. Rick, thank you so much for bringing us this website :thumbsup:

And thanks to you for putting this site "on the map" :D

I have met some great people on this site who I consider close friends.

Very cool story Rick, thanks for sharing it and happy 20th birthday to the Pumpkin!

With all do respect...WHO CARES??

It's 20 years old this year, can we just leave it at that and not ruin a good thread with a minor detail?

Geez, take it easy. I'm just poking fun that Rick technically jumped the gun and posted this at least a few months early. I don't think it ruins the thead at all, the nostalgic sentiments are still the same.

I can't help but wonder how much if at all, this site helped drive the sales of the already #1 selling SUV..

IMO,this photo belongs in this thread.

moab_rickair.jpg

Moab 2000

Is that Char in the PS holding on to the roof with one of those puckered up :eek: WTF moments?

She's holding on to the "Oh ****" handle:D

thaven_grouprick.jpg

Here you can see a herd of Explorers during mating season, called "MOAB"

thaven_grouprick.jpg

Here you can see a herd of Explorers during mating season, called "MOAB"

Actually that was taken at Truck Haven in Southern California:D That was the run Ford brought their 2000 Sport Trac out to be desert tested by our members:D

Actually that was taken at Truck Haven in Southern California:D That was the run Ford brought their 2000 Sport Trac out to be desert tested by our members:D

That was the first big run we attended.. It was great having the Ford Engineers out there too. I remember the engineer that rode with Yolanda and I was a little scared with the creaking/cracking noises the X makes when you really flex out the suspension.

Can't miss the fluorescent roof racks on our X in that pic.

This site is actually one of the reasons we bought our X. I wanted something that had a following so I could learn and get info to do our own work. Once I found this site and the wealth of info we knew the X was the right rig.

~Mark

I first started lurking this site over 5 years ago. This summer will be 5 years as a registered member. It's because of this site that My late mom's truck is in the position it is now. It helped find my passion to learn more about automotive. Heck, it spurred me into getting the Mustang GT I own now. This was definitely the springboard and I'll always remember how much this site and the members here have helped. Also your 20 years on your truck is truly inspiring because we've had ours in the family since almost new in 2000. And I tell people I plan to keep her around forever. And I know it can happen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Truckhaven 2000 was my first trip with the group. Tons of great people (from all over the country) sharing great times ever since. Some of my best stories are during times I've been hanging out with people from this site.

Rick said:
I have seen some of our members grow from being "kids" to having kids of their own!
Craziness!

She's holding on to the "Oh ****" handle:D
No tonly was she holding on to it, but I'm pretty sure I heard her say "Oh ****!" as well. :D

Back