• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Help with 2013 Explorer PIU Console Questions....

SoDakMeadeCo

Reaction score
City, State
Sturgis, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer PIU
Hey all! I've been reading every post I can find about my missing console, but still have questions and need help!
Short of trying to get a deputy to let me go through his PIU and possibly take photos (which I doubt is going to happen ; ) I searched our county's facebook, etc., for details on which console and other equipment was installed, with no luck.
My first question is, did this come from the factory with a plate that covered the module and wiring already here? And what covered the wiring that goes on top of the tunnel to underneath the rear seat? I've looked at both Havis and Gamber-Johnson consoles, and also Jotto-Desk. They're all pretty similar, I just want what WAS there originally in the police cruiser. Any ideas from these photos? You can see wear marks on the center stack on the corners where to console was. Help? I may yet have to take a trip down to the courthouse when some of the deputies are there and at least find out what consoles they used in the 2013's.
bOhQjXP.jpg

LhWXVKn.jpg

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Sorry that I'm not able to provide the answers you're looking for. I believe there are several members here with a 2013 PIU. Hopefully they can assist.
The 2 black cut and taped wires look like they might have been for antennas.
Good luck and stay safe.

Peter

Eric Z

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Plymouth Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
15 Explorer PIU
Ok so mine was 2015 and most likely from different upfitter so not likely the same, but... Generic answer to some of what is shown. If possible, you do not want a bunch of lose ended wires laying around as many of them my still be hot. Trace back to plugs and unplug and maybe pull out much of the unused stuff. If you are not using the special antennas those wires can go as well. A floor plate would cover the front section and extension tail piece goes under the rear seat, both relatively cheap but heavy to ship. Good luck on your project.

bmrrwolfe

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Interceptor
Not sure if this will help you at all, but I took a few pics before I swapped my console out. This was the Jotto Desk that was in my PIU. Its not the best pic, but you can see under the console there is a pretty heavy duty black plate that bolts to the floor that covers all the wiring.
In my case the wiring running to the backseat was under the vinyl floor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2 2013 Explorer PIU steering wheel control wiring. HELP! Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
A 2013 Utility Wiring help, rear tail light brake lights Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 4
B 2013 PIU - Electrical Gremlin, and a squeak. Help! Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 1
C Help with 2013 police interceptor suv Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 36
K Help with part Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 8
C Setina PB400 Measurement Help? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 2
D Ford Flex rear seats installed, need help finding 1 part Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 9
Terryhan05 Installing new cluster need help with setting mileage. Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 4
R TPMS Help Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
M Engine fan help Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
M 2014 Dash pad help Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 16
P Police wiring help - 12 wires under hood Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 5
O New member needing help with Whelen front turn signal Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 8
Y Need help with fog lamps on a ppv Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 19
S 2016 PIU FORScan Help? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 1
M Car Stereo Help Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 4
K Adding new keys. And upgrade help? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 2
1 Brake caliper help Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 10
F Help! 2017 body parts- where to find? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 5
1 13 police interceptor utility brake problem help ? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 0
K Thoughts? Help? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 5
E 2013 PIU Modification Questions Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 4
D 2013 Ford Police Interceptor Utility (Front End Popping/Clunking) Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 17
T 2013 PIU rear end sway Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 6
A 2013 Utility turn signal sockets? and bulb type? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 4
T Rear seat headrest guide for 2013/4 police interceptor Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 8
D 2013 PIU Low Oil Pressure, repair. Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 5
B Some questions... looking at buying a used 2013-2015 PIU Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 7
ElectronFlow 2013 PIU Explorer Repairs Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 19
M 2013 PIU Distance To Empty (DTE) Incorrect Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 9
S Upgrading 2013 FPIU radio to touchscreen GPS? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 20
1 2013 interceptor utility steering problem Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 1
D 2013 PIU Brake controller plug? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 7
T 2013 PIU with 2015 drivetrain, hvac fan issues Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 2
2 2013 PIU rear window and steering wheel controls (experienced owners needed) Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 21
K 2013 piu unmuting phone option on radio Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 1
M 2013 rack and pinion interchange Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 8
M How to test fuel pressure on 2013 3.7L. Police Interceptor Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 7
R Cooper Discoverer M+S on my 2013 PIU? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 2
E Steering Wheel Switch Cluster Display/14-way Connector on 2013 PIU Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 1
S Installing civilian console into 2013 FPIU Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 15
2013PIU 2013 PIU, Ford says can't change PTU fluid? Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 9
C Red flags when buying used 2013-14 Police Explorer / Utility Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 10
R PIU 2013 Project Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 14
B Roof Rack/Roof Rails for Ford PIU 2013/2014 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 8
R Q's on 2013 PIU Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 8
L 2013 PIU questions Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 11
F 2013 piu headlight pattern missing middle of the road Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
R 2013 Explorer PI wont start and interior lights go on & off when driving Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 3
Trader0000 2013 PIU Remote Keyless Locks and Start Procedure Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU 18