HIDs are only $35, get official | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HIDs are only $35, get official

just want everyone to know that hid kits are now on sale for $35.00 on ebaymotors.com. i bought mine for that price 2 years ago and no lie, there are shining like day 1 lol.it came with everything i needed to put them right in and it was plug n play with no splicing or black taping needed.they only consume 35 watts and with the color put out a longer and wider light path than my old 55 watt halogens.i couldve got the 55 watt hid kit but that intensity would cause trouble. i have 6k 35 watt hid kit, and led fog light assemblys and led license plate lights which are garenteed 100,000 hours and have never been pulled over, questioned or warned for this lol.its todays tecnology and authorities accept it.go to ebaymotors.com a 35wt kit is $35 and a 55wt kit is $80(at your own risk...) dont be a wannabe, get official lol. all you do is go to the site ebaymotors.com and if your explorer uses 9008, just type :9008 hid kit... and youll get 100s of offers.you need hid kit not hid bulbs f.y.i..6k is the closes to white you can get,8k is an iceberg kinda blue and 10k is pure deep blue.6k,8k or 10k dont represent the brightness only color temperature.35w and 55w represent brightness.hope this helps and hope some broke people still get what they want for xmas.and remember:dont be a wannabe, get official lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, these are true HID conversion kits, like real official? Does the kit include a new housing? I wouldn't want to be a wannabe with the stock housing.

So, these are true HID conversion kits, like real official? Does the kit include a new housing? I wouldn't want to be a wannabe with the stock housing.

35 dollars, I can tell you right now its a cheap plug and play kit with analog ballasts, and a harness if you are lucky...

pass

I needed a sarcasm emoticon. Really trendy and hip advertising lingo, though. :bsnicker:"Don't be a wannabe, get official!" That cracks me up. And buying these would make you exactly that, a wannabe.

:bsnicker:"Don't be a wannabe, get official!" That cracks me up. And buying these would make you exactly that, a wannabe.

Would they make you OFFICIALLY a wannabe? ;)

What part of el-cheapo HID kits makes me official? Official what?

Officially fly?

Well, pretty fly.

GLCIOUS21, your post reads like Spam. I'm going to let it go if you don't push it.
Buyer Beware......Old saying is: Buy cheap...Get cheap.

Happy Holidays, Bill

Officially poor? :D

GLCIOUS21, your post reads like Spam. I'm going to let it go if you don't push it.

Happy Holidays, Bill

I took this as spam to actually... Wonder if he will ever reply in this thread.

I thought this was spam at first too, but he isn't even giving us a link or a name of a company. He just said search on Ebay. I suppose he just found some cheap kit on Ebay and got excited. Probably didn't realize this was old news and got confused by some of the other HID threads you see on the internet.

Officially able to blind every other driver on the road while making your truck look cheap.

no joke people just trying to look out for some of you who think that you have to spend $175.00 on a decent kit because its not true.those who are serious about getting official hid kits which includes 2 xenon bulbs, 2 ballast, and 2 wire harness check it out.those who are skeptical or just plain smart *****, just go pay $175.00 at a stereo shop for the name on the box and maybe you`ll` be happier:)i dont make money off this so i have no reason to lie or to spam you. i am just a explorer enthusiast just like you who thought id spread the word on a good deal of research. like i said my kit has been blasting through rain sleet and snow for 3 years now.

sorry about response time but i dont own a computer i borrow when possible.this kit comes with 2 xenon bulbs, 2 ballast, and 2 wire harnesses. like i said this is plug n play so you dont have to mod or replace anything.these plug right into your 900? bulb connector and twist right into your factory headlamp housing.there is no such thang as an hid housing.all you need is the kit.

So really, I think all the talk about cheap vs expensive kits are bull for the most part... Any plug and play kit is generally the same parts... the bulbs might be made from various venders but those ballasts are usually all cheaply made "analog" ones.. you could open up an ebay ballast and some $300 kit and all the internals would be the same in most cases. I use VVME kits which aren't to say they're special in anyway.. but they are the same kits as all the cheap brands n ebay n such... I use mine heavily, I've got 3 pairs on my truck... had multiple people buy many kits from them aswell... the only problems I've come across in all these kits and people... One bad relay on a 55w kit, and someone else's kit wouldn't fire right but he butchered the wiring thinking he knew what he was doing. Obviously you don't wanna go crazy cheap there's some knock offs truly made with Horrible materials but to say those generics kits aren't worth anything and to buy a 200-300 kit which is no different.. is a bunch of bs.

I have seen many brands of HID's and I have yet to see any true differences between any of the kits other than maybe some extra numbers or letters printed cheaply on shrink wrap or a sticker on something.

The only differences in HID's that I have seen in the kits is the digital vs analog but they both have their pros n cons.

Happy Holidays, Bill

in most cases you`re right.you do get what you pay for.but would you buy 1 navigator for the price of 3 expeditions because its called a navigator???sometimes we find our selves just paying for the brand and from my experience with these hid kits if i would`ve paid $175.00 i would`ve been very mad because with the performance of these $35 kits i have i dont see any room for improvement and im being honest because im the first to yell bullshit when i see it and this is full satisfaction for the average man with a average budget.i dont have a reason to lie its not like i get money for saying this lol.

I would take the Navigator over the expedition any day.

No one in here is trying to be an ass, but it's pretty much a proven fact you get what you pay for with HIDS.

Ive had 2 eBay kits, and both have failed within months. Ballasts are garbage and not sealed, bulbs are cheap and low quality.

I paid 100$ for my retro solutions kit and have had it for almost a year now and have never had a single problem.

Oh and both eBay kits before failing, the bulbs starting turning different shades. (one was WAY bluer than the other)

So really, I think all the talk about cheap vs expensive kits are bull for the most part... Any plug and play kit is generally the same parts... the bulbs might be made from various venders but those ballasts are usually all cheaply made "analog" ones.. you could open up an ebay ballast and some $300 kit and all the internals would be the same in most cases. I use VVME kits which aren't to say they're special in anyway.. but they are the same kits as all the cheap brands n ebay n such... I use mine heavily, I've got 3 pairs on my truck... had multiple people buy many kits from them aswell... the only problems I've come across in all these kits and people... One bad relay on a 55w kit, and someone else's kit wouldn't fire right but he butchered the wiring thinking he knew what he was doing. Obviously you don't wanna go crazy cheap there's some knock offs truly made with Horrible materials but to say those generics kits aren't worth anything and to buy a 200-300 kit which is no different.. is a bunch of bs.

I have seen many brands of HID's and I have yet to see any true differences between any of the kits other than maybe some extra numbers or letters printed cheaply on shrink wrap or a sticker on something.

The only differences in HID's that I have seen in the kits is the digital vs analog but they both have their pros n cons.

thank you for sharing your research because you are right and this is true.this is exactly what im tryin to tell the people.your own research will prove this if you are hating on my post or calling me a spam.read this users post because he has done his own research and im sure he is not getting paid to share his opinion.im not gettin paid so what reason do i have to spam or bullshit a whole forum i use all the time?if this is how people treat you when you spread a secret that will benefit them and everyone around them then i should just sit back and watch all these people i tried to help get raped and robbed by these con artist stereo shops.

Obviously if you buy a kit at a stereo shop or trade center it's gonna be the same thing as what you bought on eBay. I'm/were taking about known quality kits such as Retro-Solutions, DDM (I've never had a problem with them but some have), etc.

Also, putting them in your stock headlight housing is a terrible idea. Your blinding everybody very badly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The DDM kits are about as inexpensive as these eBay kits, just pay for the shipping. The 55W kits are even cheaper than the price posted by OP.

Back