If a 2016 hood is replaced by a new hood, does the new hood have any warranty ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

If a 2016 hood is replaced by a new hood, does the new hood have any warranty ?

DeraldR

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Our 2016 hood is still under warranty ( for only 3-4 months), and the hood has a very very minor corrosion issue at the lead edge.

Are the replacement hoods any better as far as the corrosion problem re-appearing again at a latter date, or is it too early to tell ??

Is there any warranty on the replacement hoods ??

Just trying to decide it it worth the aggravation......It is already starting to bother me, and it is still wearing its temporary tags.

Our 2016 hood is still under warranty ( for only 3-4 months), and the hood has a very very minor corrosion issue at the lead edge.

Are the replacement hoods any better as far as the corrosion problem re-appearing again at a latter date, or is it too early to tell ??

Is there any warranty on the replacement hoods ??

Just trying to decide it it worth the aggravation......It is already starting to bother me, and it is still wearing its temporary tags.
You have a 2016 and it is still under the 5 year warranty for aluminum panel corrosion? Is it the original hood? When was the Explorer first put into service/registered?

Peter

OK..... I had the dealer run an OASIS report, and they even agreed that it was still under the corrosion warranty,

But now iI see that the corrosion is for 5 years, not 6 years.

Maybe I should go back and see how far a warranty claim will go......after all, I have nothing to lose....

Back