• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

IMPROMPTU TRUCKHAVEN RUN 03/05

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Did you feel the earthquake that was South of you the other night?
I did feel a light shaking that felt different than the wind making the RV shudder. Didn't realize what it was until the next morning when I was reading news stories.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I got home this afternoon after an uneventful drive home. It rained all day on Tuesday. It was pretty cool watching the dry wash slowly fill all the way across with running water. Luckily, it dried out enough to get the RV out about noon today. I wasn't too worried, but the mesa had some soft spots I had to avoid. I drove the Explorer down to the lower section where they have toilets and trash dumpsters. Its was a swamp. Got the Explorer all muddy in about 30 seconds, just so I didn't have to transport my trash home.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
We're getting hammered by rain tonight. It's been going on since yesterday and we have one day left. Just as long as we don't flood I don't have a problem with it. If Box Canyon Rd was re-opened it might be closed again after this one.

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
Whoops. I'm a little late to this thread. I could've gone. 🤦‍♂️

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
Work just put me on 30+ days of telecommute. You could of waited a week. :)

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I hope it didn't wash out as bad as last time.

BOX CANYON RDCOACHELLA CANEL 3/12/2020FLOODED / STORM

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Well, maybe I could go again. There is nothing to do here but watch a bunch of idiots buy out all the toilet paper.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
Honestly, if I still had the truck and Camper, and with everyone in the house off the next week or two or three... I totally would.

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
Keeping an eye on this thread. In case there's another impromptu trip :shifty:

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
I am seriously considering this, but I have to get the Superduty smog completed first; once that happens, I am open to heading down to telecommute. :)

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I am seriously considering this, but I have to get the Superduty smog completed first; once that happens, I am open to heading down to telecommute. :)
Your geographical area seems to be the epicenter for the virus for the state. Maybe you should self-quarantine for 14 days before we hit the trails?o_O

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
Your geographical area seems to be the epicenter for the virus for the state. Maybe you should self-quarantine for 14 days before we hit the trails?o_O
Meh...as long as six feet away your good. :thumbsup:

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
We need to do a run

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Truckhaven is controlled by California State Parks. Its closed. My sister was out there last week and there are signs on barricades saying the area is closed. We would have to find some BLM land, maybe on the other side of Salton Sea if we wanted to do a run. I am shifting gears right now, hunkering down at the homestead for a few more weeks to see what happens.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
Truckhaven is controlled by California State Parks. Its closed. My sister was out there last week and there are signs on barricades saying the area is closed. We would have to find some BLM land, maybe on the other side of Salton Sea if we wanted to do a run. I am shifting gears right now, hunkering down at the homestead for a few more weeks to see what happens.
Yeah wasn't sure if anyone was doing rebel runs or if we're gonna wait to the end of the lockdown. Brian I know you know some San Diego area trails. Maybe when this stuff lightens up we can plan something