IMPROMPTU TRUCKHAVEN RUN 03/05 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

IMPROMPTU TRUCKHAVEN RUN 03/05

Did you feel the earthquake that was South of you the other night?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you feel the earthquake that was South of you the other night?

I did feel a light shaking that felt different than the wind making the RV shudder. Didn't realize what it was until the next morning when I was reading news stories.

I got home this afternoon after an uneventful drive home. It rained all day on Tuesday. It was pretty cool watching the dry wash slowly fill all the way across with running water. Luckily, it dried out enough to get the RV out about noon today. I wasn't too worried, but the mesa had some soft spots I had to avoid. I drove the Explorer down to the lower section where they have toilets and trash dumpsters. Its was a swamp. Got the Explorer all muddy in about 30 seconds, just so I didn't have to transport my trash home.

We're getting hammered by rain tonight. It's been going on since yesterday and we have one day left. Just as long as we don't flood I don't have a problem with it. If Box Canyon Rd was re-opened it might be closed again after this one.

Whoops. I'm a little late to this thread. I could've gone. 🤦‍♂️

Work just put me on 30+ days of telecommute. You could of waited a week. :)

I hope it didn't wash out as bad as last time.

BOX CANYON RDCOACHELLA CANEL 3/12/2020FLOODED / STORM

Well, maybe I could go again. There is nothing to do here but watch a bunch of idiots buy out all the toilet paper.

I'm thinking social distancing myself to the desert is best for everyone. Just trying to do my part:salute:

Honestly, if I still had the truck and Camper, and with everyone in the house off the next week or two or three... I totally would.

Keeping an eye on this thread. In case there's another impromptu trip :shifty:

I am seriously considering this, but I have to get the Superduty smog completed first; once that happens, I am open to heading down to telecommute. :)

I am seriously considering this, but I have to get the Superduty smog completed first; once that happens, I am open to heading down to telecommute. :)
Your geographical area seems to be the epicenter for the virus for the state. Maybe you should self-quarantine for 14 days before we hit the trails?o_O

Your geographical area seems to be the epicenter for the virus for the state. Maybe you should self-quarantine for 14 days before we hit the trails?o_O

Meh...as long as six feet away your good. :thumbsup:

We need to do a run

Truckhaven is controlled by California State Parks. Its closed. My sister was out there last week and there are signs on barricades saying the area is closed. We would have to find some BLM land, maybe on the other side of Salton Sea if we wanted to do a run. I am shifting gears right now, hunkering down at the homestead for a few more weeks to see what happens.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Truckhaven is controlled by California State Parks. Its closed. My sister was out there last week and there are signs on barricades saying the area is closed. We would have to find some BLM land, maybe on the other side of Salton Sea if we wanted to do a run. I am shifting gears right now, hunkering down at the homestead for a few more weeks to see what happens.
Yeah wasn't sure if anyone was doing rebel runs or if we're gonna wait to the end of the lockdown. Brian I know you know some San Diego area trails. Maybe when this stuff lightens up we can plan something

Back