Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats awesome man i like it

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Has anyone notaced that the JP Expo is 2wd?

Ya, and even more, they are attached to tracks.

Stic-o, looks like you're doing an awesome job on the paint. It will look killer when its all done! Just hope you dont roll again and mess up that beautiful paint.

Stic-o, looks like you're doing an awesome job on the paint. It will look killer when its all done! Just hope you dont roll again and mess up that beautiful paint.

That's actually part of the reason why I did it. As the truck gets dented and scratched more, it just looks more authentic.;) ...and I can blame it on the "Dinosaurs". :p:

i think if you ever get a gnarly bash on one of your corners, instead of fixing it, you should airbrush some claw marks over it......

Thats a great idea exploderpilot!

oh i know. i have lots of them..........hahaha

I always hoped someone on hear would do that! That looks awesome! Nice work.:thumbsup:

Grand job mate :).......looks real awe-striking.......should get loads of attention once you get the stickers on :)

I missed this one until now, I had been watching the license plate thread for more pictures. Looks sweet!

More Pics...

Got the front bumper mounted back on today. Tried to wetsand with 1500 but it was taking to much paint off so I'll have to get 2000 or just leave it alone:rolleyes: I think I'll just leave the bumper all black, no reason to paint it yellow.

JP_Front.jpg

JP_Low.jpg

Uh Oh! The Raptors have spotted us! :D :p:

JP_Bushs.jpg

OMG, everytime i look at it, i just cant believe how badass that is. And that huge bumper sets it off perfectly. That last picture is great! Can't wait to see it with all the decals.

By the way, I am watching Jurassic Park (the first one) on TNT right now, and its on again at 10:40. Just a heads up.

Yeah I just was watching it! :D :thumbsup:

Look what I found in a old box from the past!!! :D A little something for my keyring ;)
Keychain1.jpg

hahah that is so sweet

What? You actually did it? SO SICK

You are my inspiration for when I do the BII myself...and Julee (my GF) is talking about snow camo on her 07 yellow FJ

I am so jealous. paint time is way too far away for me....

Back