MFT Update | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update

You're not able to get this update via SYNCMyRide.com. Your dealer will be able to explain further. V3.2.2 is not a major update, so if you'd prefer to wait for a future one, you can, however, you should still contact your dealer to see if you should or shouldn't have it performed.

Rebecca

So how long would he have to wait for a future major update? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no offense to anyone, but my experience with my dealer is that they are always seem to be unknowledgable when it comes to the technology aspects of service. tires, brakes, oil changes, they're great. when it comes to MFT, they never have any idea what's going on with regards to updates and the SMR site. Furthermore, my dealer is some 20 miles away and out of state. i try to only go when absolutely neccesary. i'd like to be able to install this update on my own. Is there something you can do to make it so that when i login to SMR, the download link is available? it would be most appreciated.

I'm sorry; there's no way for me to do that.

So how long would he have to wait for a future major update? :D

LOL Let me think of something political to say... I cannot speculate on the availability of future updates. ;)

Rebecca (for President!)

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the update files, TheTigs; please see your dealer when you get a chance.

Hi, hannibalhector!

Certain vehicles have unique update requirements, based on specific hardware or software components, which our dealerships are best qualified to provide. Your vehicle has been assessed to belong in this category.

Rebecca

I cannot believe the IVT team does not have access to the update file.

So the dealer cannot get my vehicle an appointment until Monday 9-24-12. This is two weeks after Ford released an incorrect version of the update and two weeks of me not having Travel Link Services that I paid for. Dummy me for installing the update the day after it came out, but more than a few of us did this. Who would have known Ford would have pulled it the next day.

Does anyone happen to have the latest update (not version released on weekend of 9-7) saved on a flash drive that could PM it to me? Since I have to wait until Monday I may as well try re-loading the update myself to see if it will work.

Rebecca - what will Ford do for me on this since I will have lost two weeks of service that I paid for in advance?

Thanks!

I cannot believe the IVT team does not have access to the update file.

So the dealer cannot get my vehicle an appointment until Monday 9-24-12. This is two weeks after Ford released an incorrect version of the update and two weeks of me not having Travel Link Services that I paid for. Dummy me for installing the update the day after it came out, but more than a few of us did this. Who would have known Ford would have pulled it the next day.

Does anyone happen to have the latest update (not version released on weekend of 9-7) saved on a flash drive that could PM it to me? Since I have to wait until Monday I may as well try re-loading the update myself to see if it will work....

You won't be able to re-load the update without dealer assistance. SYNC will see that you already have v3.2.2 and it won't go any further.

Rebecca - what will Ford do for me on this since I will have lost two weeks of service that I paid for in advance?

Thanks!

Please send me your VIN, mileage, and dealer info in a private message so I can escalate your concern to our Customer Care Team.

Rebecca

Got the update done at the dealership yesterday. Apparently now my vehicle had the cooling fan recall added since the last update. Maybe that's why I had to have the update done at the dealership.

I did have to argue with the service writer and get the Ford In-Vehicle Technology Team involved since the service writer argued (and maybe rightfully so) that the TSB for the update specifically states only to perform the upgrade if the customer has any of the problems listed on the TSB.

Very odd in my opinion since other people are able to download and install the update themselves though SMR.

At last the service writer gave in and performed the upgrade "under protest". I will be sure to drive 20 miles to next closest dealer next time I have an issue. I've had 2 other very unpleasant experiences with this dealer before (A-pillar and broken seat belt buckle)

Still love the car though.

I will post the actual TSB later as they gave me a copy

Cleaned up to keep it on topic..again.:mad:

If you're unhappy with your Explorer or the service of it, take it out on Ford or your local dealer that is causing you the grief, not on this forum. I have no problem with people posting what their problems have been and what has or hasn't been done to fix the problems, but the constant venting is getting tiresome.

If you hate the vehicle and Ford that much, sell it and get something else.

Anyone else get this message when trying to install update?

20120921_091345_zps3a256adf.jpg

not I.

I'm sorry; there's no way for me to do that.

LOL Let me think of something political to say... I cannot speculate on the availability of future updates. ;)

Rebecca (for President!)

Sounds like maybe NOV???

Anyone else get this message when trying to install update?

Seeing as you have the temperature on your screen, you are already at v3.2.2 - what update are you trying to install over it?

If you already installed the original update that was pulled, I don't think the 'fixed' official version will install over it, as when it does the version check it will fail as it should report that you already have it.

Seeing as you have the temperature on your screen, you are already at v3.2.2 - what update are you trying to install over it?

If you already installed the original update that was pulled, I don't think the 'fixed' official version will install over it, as when it does the version check it will fail as it should report that you already have it.

I had 3.0.2 and was installing 3.2.2 for the firs time. It gave me this message after about 25 minutes of installing. It rebooted several times, and it said installing 3 of 5 when I got the error message.

I had 3.0.2 and was installing 3.2.2 for the firs time. It gave me this message after about 25 minutes of installing. It rebooted several times, and it said installing 3 of 5 when I got the error message.

Oh, okay. That's weird. I wonder if since it has the temp up there that the install was ultimately successful? Then again, it shouldn't be throwing errors like that. I'm sure Rebecca will be along before too long to investigate :)

Oh, okay. That's weird. I wonder if since it has the temp up there that the install was ultimately successful? Then again, it shouldn't be throwing errors like that. I'm sure Rebecca will be along before too long to investigate :)

At this point it doesn't matter as I'll only have the car for a little while longer.

At this point it doesn't matter as I'll only have the car for a little while longer.

If you'd like, run a Vehicle Health Report and check SYNCMyRide to see if it updated to 3.2.2. I have not come across this error, but it looks like the update was applied.

Rebecca

If you'd like, run a Vehicle Health Report and check SYNCMyRide to see if it updated to 3.2.2. I have not come across this error, but it looks like the update was applied.

Rebecca

It would be me that comes across a strange error that has never been seen before.

Will repair my phone and run the report and see what SMR has to say.

It would be me that comes across a strange error that has never been seen before.

Will repair my phone and run the report and see what SMR has to say.

LOL I was thinking the same thing, Harlen! Side note: I can't wait to see pics of your new ride when you get it. :)

Rebecca

cleaned up to keep it on topic..again.:mad:

If you're unhappy with your explorer or the service of it, take it out on ford or your local dealer that is causing you the grief, not on this forum. I have no problem with people posting what their problems have been and what has or hasn't been done to fix the problems, but the constant venting is getting tiresome.

If you hate the vehicle and ford that much, sell it and get something else.

+10000000000000000000000

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since everyone here thinks complaining about Ford has nothing to do with the topic, my 2011 X has been at the dealer since Wednesday for the upgrade. Will be picking up in the morning fully prepared for it to not be done correctly and working properly, as advertised in 2011 when I bought the vehicle... Just a preview: Since the vehicle was finished late this afternoon, and the syncmyride website still doesn't show the upgrade being done, I'm wondering what they actually did for the last two days?

So, I will bring the problems with the MFT here, and won't complain since they just get deleted... Kind of like what Ford does when someone complains about their product not working properly. They just hit "delete" and everything is better! And I would sell it and get something else, but I'm not wealthy and can't afford to take the $20k hit that a 20 month old vehicle with 13K miles on it would cost me. But lets not get started on the residual value of this thing... I'm guessing that would just get deleted too!

Back