Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread | Page 35 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

:mad:

:fire:

:splat:

:rant:

:censored:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got off the phone with Gerald. He did Lockhart basin yesterday and said it was harder than the book due to some erosion. Definately a big dog run.

Gerald will be doing Hey Joe Canyon today (Thurs)

I got a few things to do to my Explorer today then Im off in 23 hours from now.

WOOO HOOO MOAB IS HERE!!! I'm leaving for Denver now, should meet up with the guys at the Brewery later tonight. :D

OKay Julee and I are hitting the road, few errands to run before we leave town and well I didnt get to wax the truck hahaha but everything else is done

I-70 to Moab here we come, should be in town around 6-8pm, staying at the Adventure Inn
'
See ya there!

****ok how its lookin is that the CO contingent is cancelling the whole meet up thing and convoy...glad i was informed....helping the gf pack her apartment right now and we're gonna drop stuff off at her house in Denver then head out i think....****

ok i guess some of us are still meetin up, we'll be at the 4wp in Denver around 3 (at least plannin on being there) and leave by 4 if anyone is still interested

Oh brother...

Char was able to take an extra day off. We were planning on arriving this evening. Except... I got the stomach flu:( Started last night and it's just now starting to feel better.

All I've eaten since yesterday's lunch are a few plain crackers:rolleyes: I just got brave and I'm cooking up a can of chicken noodle... I'm hoping for the best;)

So, it looks like we're going to arrive tomorrow night as we had originally planned:banghead:

Some good did come from the delay though. Char got a call from a school she applied to for a job. They already had offered her the job, today they wanted her to come in to discuss her pay.:thumbsup:

See ya soon!

Except... I got the stomach flu:( Started last night and it's just now starting to feel better.

That sucks, at least you will still be able to make it. Speaking from first hand experience it really sucks to have the stomach flu in Moab. I got it on the Moab 01 or 02 run on a Saturday. I was able to drive/ride TOTW on Sunday but still not feeling the best.

Last October when I was there, I had stomach flu for about a week. The worst of it coming my second night in Moab, I was up all night. I wanted to just sleep till about noon, but instead ran Steel Bender. Not much fun going on no sleep and having not eaten anything in days!

Hope you get feeling better Rick, see ya there.

Well maybe its for the best that you are leaving a day late. If its good for Char's new job, that will be good. At least that's a good way to convince yourself to wait. :) At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself. I'm really bummed that I can't go, but at least I'm meeting with a potential client to remodel a cabin at Alta ski resort. Its actually still snowed in. You'll all be down there in the desert at 90* and I'll be taking a snow cat to work. :)

:banghead:

Well, it wasn't a 24 hour bug. I'm still really sick:( No way can I drive 7-8 hours like this.

I really hate to say it, but I won't be joining you guys:(

Have a ton of fun, and be safe... Our best wishs are with all of you.

Can't wait to see the photos... Actually, maybe I can. I think it will be terribly depressing to see what we missed:(

Oh well, such is life. At least it's just the flu.

I'm pretty bummed out that I can't go too. Maybe we should put together another run in a month or two. I'll go crazy if I have to wait another year for this, especially since I missed last year.

For those who couldn't make it this time and those who made it, but want to go again, who would be interested in going to Moab in a month or two?

Were planning a Colorado run early fall, so that could work out. Moab is way to hot over the summer to really enjoy.

In a month Moab will be 100+ every day:(

Sorry to hear that you can't make it Rick and hope you get feeling better.

Had a great day today, searched around out by area BFE, didn't find much, and then headed out to Hells Revenge. Msupertek had the first carnage of the day when he broke his rear drive shaft. It was still an awesome day.

Hells Revenge Pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll see if I can get some more pics on there, those 9 took me over an hour to upload!

Dang slow internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back